Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: McGregor aims for record of old motherf***ers May/Pac

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The more I hear about the UFC, the more I think it's more closely related to WWE than boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Lou Cipher View Post
      LOL these UFC guys just dont have skills. Theres zero excuse for a world class fighter to be KO'd in 13 seconds. I's just not possible but it happens all the time with these posers. This dude is no exception he'll be sucking his own methane in mere seconds one of these Turd fests

they wear tiny gloves and are allowed to hit a guy when he is down. surely you see why those things lend themselves to short fights.

now, i agree that a worthy competitor is at the very least not willing to make the early mistakes / take the early risks to get knocked out in 13 seconds. but it's still not the same as a boxer getting knocked out in 13 seconds. in boxing you can take a count and get your bearings. in MMA you get hit when you go down. different sport.

Comment

Glad to see the NSB policy of losers being EXPOSED as FRAUDS extends to other sports.

I haven't watched much of the UFC but I've seen Aldo pull that same move multiple times in other fights and get away with it. It was just too big of a gamble to take against McGregor.

Comment

Originally posted by Cupo303 View Post

Exactly. He is their organizations champion also, not a WORLD champion as he claims. The whole premise behind a UFC World Championship is bogus. It's a make-world belt.

When McGregor leaves the UFC and takes his starpower on the road as a freelance fighter and once the MMA has actual World Champions, then we can talk. There are no MMA world titles. The WBC/WBO/IBF/WBA are organizations/sanctioning bodies but they have champions all over the globe, signed to all kinds of promoters and if a fighter becomes big enough in the lower divisions, he doesn't even need them anymore (i.e. Floyd).
          So does this mean that MLB baseball is a fraud all these years because the World Series isn't a true world championship since it's just MLB and not other leagues or do you only use those analogies when convenient in an attempt to **** on MMA in general?

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
            The constant crying about the UFC makes boxing fans look like insecure ******s.
            So f#cking this. F#ck you momos talking about all these goofy non-combat sports & ****ting on MMA. On some level fighting is fighting. F#ck sports with kicking, carrying & hitting balls for real doe. That **** is ******ed & boring.

Originally posted by greglory View Post
            He will never see the type of Money Floyd or Pac made. The UFC Business model is never gonna pay a fighter $300 million for one fight.
            I think its for the betterment of the sport of MMA that it is the case. I mean its great for the Floyd's & Manny's they can make 9 digits & were making healthy 8 digits payday for years beyond that, but ultimately I think you wanna spread the wealth more in a competitive sport. If 1 or 2 guys can generate so much of your entire sports income its ultimately a bad thing for the sport overall.

I mean Floyd's & Manny's May paydays could've made 500 millionaires or w/e. Thats nuts & no other sport has such a wealth disparity as boxing cuz boxing is ran like a ****ty, who can bring in the most people into the big top, circus instead of a competitive sport.

Comment

Originally posted by Redeaux View Post
              The more I hear about the UFC, the more I think it's more closely related to WWE than boxing.
              If you mean in giving fans what they wanna see you are 100% correct. I love boxing first & foremost, but boxing sucks at making the big fights when people wanna see the big fights. Always gotta "marinate" everything. Every food ain't good marinated you f#cking ****ty ass greedy boxing promoters.

Boxing fans are like kids with divorced parents who forget their birthday every year & get you something on discount at Walmart 6 weeks late in comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by MisanthropicNY View Post
                This is the same Aldo who was talking about Ronda and how women's MMA wasn't on the same level as men's lol...

Dude got KO'd in 13 seconds lol...

People act like MMA isn't like boxing..same BS..you don't get the fights you want to see: GSP-Diaz when we wanted it happened too late; Cyborg and Ronda: never happened;...

Aldo was fed a bunch of nobodies for years and got KO'd by the first legit puncher... it's the same BS as boxing but UFC used the Pacquiao-May flop as it's excuse to act like it did things differently...

The women's UFC is more exciting than the men's and they have better story lines..that would never happen in boxing..
                Absolute rubbish.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                    Looking at it again, McGregor didn't even look to sit down on that shot before he threw it. Totally fluid. Did he just catch Aldo cold?

If not there's not point in a rematch, because on that evidence he would drop Aldo every time he actually put some heat on a shot.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                      they wear tiny gloves and are allowed to hit a guy when he is down. surely you see why those things lend themselves to short fights.

now, i agree that a worthy competitor is at the very least not willing to make the early mistakes / take the early risks to get knocked out in 13 seconds. but it's still not the same as a boxer getting knocked out in 13 seconds. in boxing you can take a count and get your bearings. in MMA you get hit when you go down. different sport.
                      Yeah I guess you're mostly right.

Comment

Working...
                      X