Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: McGregor aims for record of old motherf***ers May/Pac

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

aldo had basically no head movement. that was embarrassing.

Comment

Can McGregor sell more pay per view and do bigger numbers at the gate than Floyd? Yes it's possible because the UFC usually stacks their cards top to bottom.

But he is very delusional if he thinks he can even make a 10th of what Floyd has made in the sport of boxing. The UFC has never paid their top fighters ever that type of fighter. I would like to know if the top UFC fighters made as much as Canelo did his last fight when he fought Cotto? Even that I doubt

So McGregor and other UFC can talk whatever type of S__T about Money May or other top boxers but the facts are they will never ever get paid the money they deserve and they will never get paid that type of big time money.

Comment

Originally posted by LOCOMEX89 View Post
        I would like to know if the top UFC fighters made as much as Canelo did his last fight when he fought Cotto? Even that I doubt
        I think the most has been in the 5 million range after PPV backend for a UFC fighter(not Conor). Though Im curious where Conor will fall after this fight and going forward.

Either way doesn't matter if its a UFC fighter making 5 million or a boxer making 50 million....they are all a hell of a lot wealthier than anyone here posting being lucky to scrap 50-100k a year.

Comment

Originally posted by fathergll View Post

As happy as I would be if someone gave me one, that car is a tremendous waste of $150k.

Comment

is this ufcs new hype job since the blonde bit*h got iced?

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              LOL at you if you think womens MMA gots the depth of talent mens MMA gots. Pretty much its a universally accepted fact womens MMA has lil to no depth.

Stop it. Last night 2 fights occurred with the 2 best guys in their respective divisions. I can't remember the last time that happened in boxing. There was also a fight between the #3 & #4 guy in one of those same divisions that set up the next fight between arguably the new top 2 guys.

The UFC represents the most competitive combat sports entity right now. Its not even competitive between the UFC & anyone else. And this **** happens monthly more or less (maybe not top 2 x 2, but top 5 guys are always fighting, top 10 guys are always fighting, competitive fights are always happening). I'd be hard pressed to name any boxer outside of maybe 2 or 3 tip top of the elite in this era who's fought top 5 level competition fight after fight like is demanded in the UFC.

Sure you have an occasional good KO in UFC but most of the time it's GAY FK'N ****!!! Two sweaty guys 69ing each other in the ring doing this
              :*******: to each other.

Next year we could be seeing Canelo vs. GGG and Kovalev vs. Ward

Conor McGregor

1 Amateur Fight
              2 losses

2015 UFC Champion

Sherdog
              2014 Breakthrough Fighter of the Year

Combat Press
              2014 Breakout Fighter of the Year

MMA Insider
              2013 Best UFC Newcomer

Flavor of the month.

Wasn't a WWE wrestler a UFC Champion??? 1-2 years and your at the top in UFC??? WOW!!! Takes YEARS with boxers starting out at 7,8 years old. UFC all you need is a couple of good years of training...

Comment

It's funny how the two most popular fighters in UFC cannot stay in their lane without mentioning or dissing Mayweather who was/is the face of boxing.

Comment

McGregor seems to be the real deal skills wise. I don't think I have ever seen a more calm, confident, agile fighter In the UFC. I am not a big fan of the UFC but he seems to be the real deal.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
                    Welp, that dominant ko just destroyed boxing to casuals, now pacquiaos ppv is going to do 75 k buys, casuals will be reminded about the money they wasted on may pac because mcgregor is reminding them, plus his ko made them buy into the hype, mcgrgeor was huge compared to aldo, plus his main weakness are wrestlers, mendes was tossing him around, imagine mcgregor at 155? Against men his size or bigger? Would love to see him against pettis.
                    Casual fans will be turned off once they get to see 99% of how UFC fights end up. 2 sweaty guys lying on top of each other dry humping one another... Then one will spin around to grab a leg and end up with a nut sack in his mouth while the guy farts in his mouth at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                      If you mean in giving fans what they wanna see you are 100% correct. I love boxing first & foremost, but boxing sucks at making the big fights when people wanna see the big fights. Always gotta "marinate" everything. Every food ain't good marinated you f#cking ****ty ass greedy boxing promoters.

Boxing fans are like kids with divorced parents who forget their birthday every year & get you something on discount at Walmart 6 weeks late in comparison.
                      I agree with this.
                      This card delivered I enjoyed every single second of it and people don't realize that this will only help MMA grow.
                      Who knows it may end up being a good thing. Maybe the greedy people that get into boxing because of the money will move to MMA when MMA gets bigger. It may take years though.
                      Something needs to happen in order for there to be change in boxing imo. Maybe MMA's rise will only help boxing.
                      People will go where the money is and the money is still in boxing, but it may change in a few years.

I don't know maybe I'm hoping for too much. So as weird as it sounds I'm rooting for MMA to grow in popularity in hopes of it changing boxing.

Comment

Working...
                      X