Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is pacquiao the greatest southpaw of all time??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If he would have beaten Floyd I'd say he would undeniably be #1. Otherwise I'd say there are good arguments for Sweet Pea or Pac.

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
      According to the fair and unbiased boxrec he's 7th
      Out of curiosity I entered P4P, SouthPaw, All Boxers (Active & Inactive) into Boxrec and Pacquiao comes up 2nd. Hagler #3, Sweet Pea #7.

#1 is Young Corbett III, I don't think I would have been able to guess that with 10 tries.
      Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 12-11-2015, 09:52 AM.

Comment

Thinking about it now it's not easy to pick between Whittaker or Pacquiao.

EDIT: Fortunately this poll is a multi-option poll for some reason. I voted for both "yes he is" and for "no sweet pea is"

Comment

In terms of offensive capability.. Yes. But for now pacquiao will never get the credit he deserves history will remember him better.

Comment

Originally posted by betmen View Post
            For me is between Pac, Hagler or sweet pea. but if i have too pick from those three i choose pac, i might be a bit bias because pac and one other guy are my teen idols but he also get my vote because of his signature lethal straight left-hand. i just think pac is more southpaw than the other two i also think if pac was orthodox boxer he wont reach the level of succes he's in rightnow.

so what's your opinion?? and let's hope this thread does not turn out as another pissing contest between pac and the other guy
            **** no. #48 is only in consideration for greatest marketing gimmick of all time.

Sweet Pea may or may not be but one thing for sure sweet pea>>>#48

Comment

Originally posted by nivek535 View Post
              how the fck on earth is hagler rated so highly???
              he NEVER left middleweight division lol.
              he lost to a natural welterweight, coming off of 2 of his best wins in mugabi and thomas hearns.
              leonard didnt get old, but hagler did.
              leonard's style is more reliant on his age than hagler if anything. srl relied on his speed, and thats the first to go.
              lol this, SRL was semi retired for 5 years and going blind in one eye and people try to make it out like hagler was the old and shot one

Comment

Originally posted by betmen View Post
                comeback from all those 3 KTFO is also super impressive
                Protecting your guard and never losing for 19 years straight and most pro boxers acknowledging that greatness is "super impressive." Doing a face flop onto the canvas at the end of the sixth round is also super impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob View Post
                  Out of curiosity I entered P4P, SouthPaw, All Boxers (Active & Inactive) into Boxrec and Pacquiao comes up 2nd. Hagler #3, Sweet Pea #7.

#1 is Young Corbett III, I don't think I would have been able to guess that with 10 tries.
                  I see why.... Corbett defeated such men as Billy Conn, Gus Lesnevich, Mickey Walker, Fred Apostoli, Ceferino Garcia, Jackie Fields, "Young" Jack Thompson. All are hall of famers and former world champions

Before people make polls they should at least add sufficient options. Plus a lot of people on this site don't study boxing past 5 years ago so its hard to have a conversation about "all time" when people only know "their time"

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
                    But PAC kept privately saying it was a lucky punch. It wasn't a lucky punch.
                    But publicly he gave Marquez credit! Tight socks is a legit issue!
                    I dont recall Manny saying it was a lucky punch. He said he got caught with a shot he didnt see and thats part of boxing. I believe its the fans that said it was a lucky punch.

Comment

Originally posted by NUCLEAR View Post
                      In terms of offensive capability.. Yes. But for now pacquiao will never get the credit he deserves history will remember him better.
                      the past 5-6 years he got more credit than he deserved by the media and HBO commentary

close decisions, dodging drug testing, and still being considered top 5 p4p after being outboxed and knocked out several times

Now he is place in history is being viewed more realisitically....he was one of the best of his era and and an all-time great....he just wasn't the level of fighter the media tried to make him out to be.....Im sorry but he was not fighter of the decade in the 2000s in my opinion.....He never beat Juan Manuel Marquez clearly...not even once....and got outboxed my a past prime erik morales and didn't beat him until Zahir Raheem did it first at a better weight.
                      Last edited by therealpugilist; 12-11-2015, 11:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X