Collapse
No announcement yet.

I like Guerrero to pull off the upset over Garcia

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Guerrero ditches that crossfit crap he'd have a decent shot of pulling off the upset.

Comment

I have criticized Guerrero in the past, but he is tough. Thurman couldn't stop him, & he stops most of his opponents. I question Garcia's ability to bring his power to WW. Herrera gave "Gift" hell, and Guerrero has more power and at least as much will as Mauricio does. It will be a dog fight, that the "Ghost" may just pull off.

Comment

Garcia can not overlook anybody. He does everything good, nothing great. Although he does have a chin from hell, that's all he has going for him that is great. Otherwise Garcia is just a good fighter. He has to train every training camp like he's fighting Floyd Mayweather or Manny Pacquiao. He really can't take easy on any fighter, he can't afford to. With that said I have Garcia as undefeated still, I don't agree that his fights vs Peterson and Herrera were robberies.

Comment

rg is underrated 'cause of his performance against martinez..
          he did pretty damn good against thurman.
          dg is so damn limited... and lets not forget he just moved to 147 lol.
          he could barely finish paulie

Comment

Guerrero got a gift decision in his fight against Martinez. Didn't bother me because his opponent made it an annoying clinch fest. But it seemed clear the ghost is shot and can't spook anyone anymore. Precisely why Garcia is getting another gift fight.

Comment

Martinez could have just been a bad night.

Or it could mean that he's significantly declined.

We won't know until fight night. I like this bout, though, and I think Guerrero has a solid chance to win.

Fuck that bible toting fanatical fucking douchebag though. I hope that somehow they both lose.

Comment

guerrero doesn't move his head enough to escape DSG's ****** strength left hook.

Comment

Originally posted by imperial1 View Post
                  It could only because we don't know how Garcia will be at WW but if he carries his speed and power with no issues he should beat Gurrerro .
                  Danny hasn't had his speed in a while though. He's been a step slower in his last few, definitely not "swift" anymore and it's only going to be worse at 147. That said, I think Garcia brings power still and Gurrero is very easy to hit at 147. Robert can be unpredictable and awkward if he needs and if he were to smother Danny and throw him off his game early, who knows....

I'd love to see Guerrero win but predict that Garcia takes it, after which he'll get an even bigger backlash from people saying he's avoiding top competition.

Comment

Unfortunately, because I'm a fan of his, but I think Guerrero may be in decline as a fighter and I think Garcia may just find a way to stop him late in their fight. He's getting hit by punches which he wouldn't have earlier in his career and, just through his last few fights, has taken entirely too much punishment imo. I do think he'll give his best though and if he does truly have something left, we'll see it in the ring that night.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
                      Martinez could have just been a bad night.

Or it could mean that he's significantly declined.

We won't know until fight night. I like this bout, though, and I think Guerrero has a solid chance to win.

Fuck that bible toting fanatical fucking douchebag though. I hope that somehow they both lose.
                      His cousin had just died so he may have been off his game.

Regarding the last line, I'd expect better of you. Robert is a class act. A real humanitarian that isn't condemning or preachy. I think he's a wonderful example of how a person of faith can elevate humanity without getting in other people's business.

Comment

Working...
                      X