Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jacobs-Quillin only draws 267,000 viewers??? ouch...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The sports tv ratings numbers are a little different. They were split off into 4 chunks. I assume one was the beginning of the broadcast, the undercard fight, the main event (which was the 376k since the time was like 7 minutes) then the remainder of the show... I don't know, everything they do is in AVG though

Comment

• Whatever the case, this is bad for free boxing. I'm not kidding regardless of how poor the PBC production is. I still hope people watches, less than 300k is just not good for buziness...

Comment

• Originally posted by SUBZER0ED View Post
        No one but hard core fans know who Jacobs and Quillin are. I can count on one hand how many times I've seen Jacobs fight anybody notable. Similarly, Quillin had a chance to build his name, but chose to vacate his title rather than fight his mandatory in Korobov. Haymon's been milking fighters' careers by matching them easy. What he may not realize is that if his fighters would rather fight easy fights, casual fans will find something else to watch. By the time he does finally match them up tough like Jacobs & Quillin, it's too late, casuals have lost interest.
        This is completely true. I really don't think Haymon knows a thing about building fighters, he is great at getting them good paychecks but he is ruining fighters by overprotecting them and overpaying them.

Comment

• The #s are pathetic, It was a Good fight and I was looking forward to it but I thought for sure its do at least 3x more

Showtime #s are slipping bad this year

Comment

• Originally posted by ea22 View Post
            This is completely true. I really don't think Haymon knows a thing about building fighters, he is great at getting them good paychecks but he is ruining fighters by overprotecting them and overpaying them.
            This is also the reason IMO, none of them develop.

You already paid them top dollar to fight bums, WTF are they going to work n getting better for?

It really is astonishing how few of his guys get any better from when we first see them.

In Jacobs defense I do think he's one of the few who wants bigger and better things, and is willing to work for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by AddiX View Post
              This is also the reason IMO, none of them develop.

You already paid them top dollar to fight bums, WTF are they going to work n getting better for?

It really is astonishing how few of his guys get any better from when we first see them.

In Jacobs defense I do think he's one of the few who wants bigger and better things, and is willing to work for it.
              Shawn Porter.

Comment

• Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
                Shawn Porter.
                Agreed.... Porter is hungry for sure

He also never really got the fight the bum of the month treatment from Haymon. He wasn't spoiled.

Comment

• Originally posted by deanrw View Post
                  They are bad numbers. There is no denying that. The worst part is the pay fighters are getting for low ratings. The sport has shrinking numbers over here. Purses are getting larger and eventually the money well will dry up.

Where that leaves us, the fans, is eventually less fights to watch down the road because the cable giants will just say to hell with it if they see no subscriber interest.

That is the reality. There is no reason to defend or gloat about those numbers, as they effect every fan, no matter where you align yourself.
                  The money part is fine for Haymon... for now.

Now these guys have an inflated self worth and fights won't be made unless they get what they're worth...which is way more than they're actually worth.

These numbers don't really matter to Haymon IMO, just uses Showtime to have them pay for fights then take them back to the timeslots. They didn't have any fights for months and got them to pay millions out the ass these past 2 weeks.

I kind of expect a repeat of last year with 1-2 fights on Showime to start the year then prospects till the end of the year. Showtime going down the shitter at this rate, and they were once crushing showtime in fights... until 2014 happened

Comment

• Maybe these numbers were just an unlucky anomaly that doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things..

But I think it's time to ask the question: is Haymon hurting boxing by deluding the product and over-saturating the market with boxing that people just don't want to watch?

Comment

• Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
                      Main Events took a lesser talented fighter in Curtis Stevens and kept him busy on NBC sports, getting him a fight with Golovkin. To this day that's Golovkin's highest rated fight.

Stevens/Golovkin ****s all over Jacobs/Quillin with 1.4mill viewers and sold-out MSG Theater at 4,600. I'm not sure if Jacobs/Quillin actually sold 6,000.
                      So Curtis Stevens sells now? Lol get the hell outta here

Comment

Working...
                      X