Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Muay thai guy vs boxing guy Who'd win in a street fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by betmen View Post

even the muay thai boxer only have half of the boxer reach muay thai still win.

i will bet againts boxer versus any martial art artist
    I took boxing for 5 years I took martial arts for 3 and every time I sparred I would get inside and bust them up they were clueless when it came to hands. Now I just fought stand up never against Judo or Ji Jitsu. So you can't always bet against the boxer unless it's a guy that just stands there like James Toney You have to use foot work to beat them

Comment

The one with the gun

Comment

the guy who knows something closer to street fighting so muay thai

boxing is part of most other martial arts, it's very limited by itself

a boxer can still embarrass a group of random drunk guys who havent trained in anything

but among martial artists, they rank dead last, or maybe somwhere between useless **** like kung fu and tae bo

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
          I took boxing for 5 years I took martial arts for 3 and every time I sparred I would get inside and bust them up they were clueless when it came to hands. Now I just fought stand up never against Judo or Ji Jitsu. So you can't always bet against the boxer unless it's a guy that just stands there like James Toney You have to use foot work to beat them
          clueless inside?? muay thai have elbow and variation of knee strikes inside. look up in youtube no matter where in ring or street fights Muay thai is always superior vs Boxing.

Comment

Muay Thai. As much as I like boxing, a muay thai fighter has more tools in his arsenal to dismantle you.

Comment

When I fought against MT guy what stood out is the roundkick. One has to get used to them, dealing with them. its almost like a baseball bat being put to your leg.

People telling you to check the leg should be very wary, you can get your leg broken doing this the wrong way. What worked for me was, when a kick came in hard, to take your weight off the leg being kicked and spin with the kick. The absolute best way to deal with these kicks is the way other MT guys deal with them from a self defense perspective: go inside and through the guy. Drop him on his head by charging in and through him.

Biggest problem for you is that he has the reach because of the kick...to box him effectively you would have to get a real feel for how to work your punches when he comes in hard....they come in fast, you have a lot better odds moving in than out and treating the kick like something to be bloked low while you charge in.

The difference is, as said by some posters...MT guys dont have the hand skills, there is no subtlety at this range...you can feel when they are pulling around the neck and elbowing. A good boxer can work against this if they relax and go with the strike and turn at the last minute. But the kicks are really fast, incapacitating, and you won't have a clue when they are arriving, which is why the habit of lifting the leg as it impacts can save you.

Also, protect your groin. Boxers are real suckers, in a fight for a feint that says "yeah lets punch each other!" then when you feint, lift your hands, the boxer does likewise and bam!! kick right to the boxer's pills.

So, I would train myself to step inside as the kick comes grab it and drop the guy on his head. If you miss a few times, be prepared to lift leg as the leg is hit. when inside, work your punches and instead of resisting the clinch go with it until the last second, moving towards him and punching all the while.

Comment

clueless inside?? muay thai have elbow and variation of knee strikes inside. look up in youtube no matter where in ring or street fights Muay thai is always superior vs Boxing.
                MT is also very rigid with respect to fighting ranges. This is because they train to fight each other and not necessarily to use these techniques against a boxers punch for example. MT guys don't need to do much but unload that roundkick on most street fighters. Its like fighting a guy with a baseball bat.

Comment

no is not boxing is more sport than martial art
                  A martial art is any form that has history and that consists of more than one techniques used to disable an opponent or opponents ...which includes boxing and even wrestling .

Again the art doesnt win fights the person who better utilises there form of combat does , No amount of vids or opinions will change that.

Comment

Punch him in the balls and you win

Comment

Originally posted by seany1 View Post
                      kicks all the way leave you in severe pain and unable to walk after just a few hard ones, which would then leave you standing there to get smashed
                      You're acting like this guy is some type of pro fighter lol. It's probably some dumb kid who's been training for 3 months.

Comment

Working...
                      X