No announcement yet.

"Froch doesn't need the money" vs "Khan is ****** to turn down $5 million"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Salim_Shady View Post
    On this forum I've seen a lot of funny comments, and something that I've found amusing is how everyone mentions Froch has made enough money fighting Groves so he doesn't need to fight anymore but in Khan's case he's ****** to turn down $5million. In terms of legacy turning the fight down isn't the best move but purely from a financial perspective, Froch has a net worth of $20 million whereas Khan has a net worth of $30 million. To summarise, money should not be the main enticement for Khan to fight Brook this summer but rather to establish himself back at the top of British boxing and the top of 147.
    I never understand what earnings have to do with legacy.

Khan fans always fall back on his 'net worth' as if it actually means something.

If Khan didn't have twitter or Sky Sports he would literally cease to exist in the minds of the public.

Apart from a few Bolton cab drivers...

Khan is a good businessman, he is making money out of doing f**k all.

Comment

Originally posted by kiDynamite92 View Post
      Only one year older then Taylor but ok let's pull Taylor, Keasler and Judah out of it, what about the rest?
      Why? Jermain Taylor had only been beaten by one man, Pavlik. I thought he arguably won the second fight. Kessler had only lost to Ward and Calzaghe.

Judah had been ****ed on by every top fighter he'd ever been in the ring with. He picked up a vacant title at 140, he wasn't really that relevant at all. To put it into context, he got KTFO by Tszyu a decade before Khan fought him

I think I'm doing fine there thank you very much.
      No mate. Trust me, you're embarrassing yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
        Why? Jermain Taylor had only been beaten by one man, Pavlik. I thought he arguably won the second fight. Kessler had only lost to Ward and Calzaghe.

Judah had been ****ed on by every top fighter he'd ever been in the ring with. He picked up a vacant title at 140, he wasn't really that relevant at all. To put it into context, he got KTFO by Tszyu a decade before Khan fought him

No mate. Trust me, you're embarrassing yourself.
        And tszyu was a great fighter. Yeah he picked up a title at 140 before he fought khan, he beat Lucas Mythesse who was like a terminator at the time and after losing to khan he lost a highly competitive fight with the 140 King Danny Garcia. Kessler and Taylor were in there mid 30's at the time, if you're going to give him credit for beating those two you should give khan credit for beating Judah and MAB.

Trust me buddy, I'm fine. No Brook fan is mentally fit to judge someone else, especially when we're talking about embarrassments.

Comment

Well when you consider one of them was a decrepit Marco Antonio Barrera and another was an acient recovering alcoholic Collazo, it doesn't really mean as much.

You can always tell when a person doesn't have a real argument when they don't list the actual names of the opponents. They use vague phrases like "7 former champions"

No he wasn't.
          Yes he was, he was the number one guy at 147, after Bradley left the division. Who was ranked above him? It certainly wasn't Peterson, who most felt was very, very lucky to get the win over Khan. Then, Garcia v Khan became the fight for numero uno status and Garcia v Matt became the fight for the ring title if I'm not mistaken, but that would never have happened if Garcia had not beaten Khan.

But, that's just part of the argument. Khan was a unified champ and has a very good resume, you can hate him out of whatever reason you like bit boxing wise, you can stfu.

Comment

And tszyu was a great fighter. Yeah he picked up a title at 140 before he fought khan, he beat Lucas Mythesse who was like a terminator at the time and after losing to khan he lost a highly competitive fight with the 140 King Danny Garcia. Kessler and Taylor were in there mid 30's at the time, if you're going to give him credit for beating those two you should give khan credit for beating Judah and MAB.

Trust me buddy, I'm fine. No Brook fan is mentally fit to judge someone else, especially when we're talking about embarrassments.
            Lucas Matthysse wasn't "like the terminator" - he hadn't fought anyone

And almost everyone universally agrees that Judah lost that fight, got dropped like a sack of **** towards the end of it and got a gift decision.

Just because two fighters are "in their 30s" doesn't mean they are at the same point in their careers.

Anyone who says Froch has a poor resume is just deluded and embarrassing. He fought everyone at 168 and ducked no one.

Can't say the same for Queen Khan.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
              Yes he was, he was the number one guy at 147, after Bradley left the division. Who was ranked above him? It certainly wasn't Peterson, who most felt was very, very lucky to get the win over Khan. Then, Garcia v Khan became the fight for numero uno status and Garcia v Matt became the fight for the ring title if I'm not mistaken, but that would never have happened if Garcia had not beaten Khan.

But, that's just part of the argument. Khan was a unified champ and has a very good resume, you can hate him out of whatever reason you like bit boxing wise, you can stfu.
              So he was number one by default?

Wow what a thing to be proud of!

To me there was no clear number one in the division until Garcia took Khan's head off

Comment

Lucas Matthysse wasn't "like the terminator" - he hadn't fought anyone

And almost everyone universally agrees that Judah lost that fight, got dropped like a sack of **** towards the end of it and got a gift decision.

Just because two fighters are "in their 30s" doesn't mean they are at the same point in their careers.

Anyone who says Froch has a poor resume is just deluded and embarrassing. He fought everyone at 168 and ducked no one.

Can't say the same for Queen Khan.
                You're a fool! Mythesse was animating his opposition and went onto beat guys like Peterson and Provnikov and losing a close decision to the King in Danny Garcia! If you're going to call that gift decision then why are you giving Froch the nod against Andre dirrell that joker robbed Dirrell and never wanted to fight him again the *****!

Well fine if age isn't anything then Judah was just fine at that time as illustrated by his close loss to the King of the division at that time in Danny Garcia. Hey which one of Carl Froch's opponents came close to beating ward ?

Khan has fought in several different weight classes and has fought the best in almost all of them. B1tch ass Froch could only fight at the top in 1 divion and when he came up against the best he was totally dominated
                Last edited by kiDynamite92; 12-05-2015, 03:42 PM.

Comment

You're a fool! Mythesse was animating his opposition and went onto beat guys like Peterson and Provnikov and losing a close decision to the King in Danny Garcia! If you're going to call that gift decision then why are you giving Froch the nod against Andre dirrell that joker robbed Dirrell and never wanted to fight him again the *****!

Well fine if age isn't anything then Judah was just fine at that time as illustrated by his close loss to the King of the division at that time in Danny Garcia. Hey which one of Carl Froch's opponents came close to beating ward ?

Khan has fought in several different weight classes and has fought the best in almost all of them. B1tch ass Froch could only fight at the top in 1 divion and when he came up against the best he was totally dominated
                  I don't see how you come to that conclusion based on facts.

Khan fought at 135 and got absolutely wrecked by a Colombian window washer. He never fought a living soul in that division.

He fought some decent guys at 140 but got wiped out in 4 rounds by the best of them, Garcia. Froch lost a decision to Ward who is far superior to someone like Garcia.

And he's yet to fight a single top level welterweight.

Khan is a man of many traits but a master of nothing.

Comment

I don't see how you come to that conclusion based on facts.

Khan fought at 135 and got absolutely wrecked by a Colombian window washer. He never fought a living soul in that division.

He fought some decent guys at 140 but got wiped out in 4 rounds by the best of them, Garcia. Froch lost a decision to Ward who is far superior to someone like Garcia.

And he's yet to fight a single top level welterweight.

Khan is a man of many traits but a master of nothing.
                    So he fought the King at 140 right, now he's fighting at 147 and he's beaten top level opposition already in Alexander and Algeri. So that's 2/3 weight classes he's fought at the top at is it not?

If Algeri isn't a top level welter then something must be wrong, cause he was one of Pacquaio's opposition. Alaxander holds victories over Maidana who was Floyd mayweathers opponent X 2.

Yes Ward is superior to Garcia but Marcos Maidana, a khan victim, lost a close fight to Floyd Mayweather who's on a level above Ward. Maidana is better then anything on his resume.

Comment

So he was number one by default?

Wow what a thing to be proud of!

To me there was no clear number one in the division until Garcia took Khan's head off
                      He was number one because he had beaten Maidana, Kotelnik, Judah and Paulie. As well as Bradley openly ducking him and Marquez too. So that's why he's number one.

stfu and get back in your troll cave

Comment

Working...
                      X