Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Glaser reporting 650,000k buys for Cotto-Canelo........

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wrote this days ago. It’s not new information.

Actually, Mark Taffet confirmed the 150k for Golovkin and Dan Rafael also called the numbers official. You guys know that the HBO vice P can’t lie about this in public, right? On the other side no official statement or article regarding Canelo/Cotto PPV yet...
    Last edited by Herr Schmeling; 12-02-2015, 11:53 AM.

Comment

Don't believe any of this nonsense. Glaser is very funny and I enjoy reading his ramblings but he is never accurate. He doesn't even work in boxing anymore and any of his inside contacts that maybe he once had don't even work in boxing anymore. Multiple credible sources said GGG-Lemieux did slightly over 150K and that the Canelo-Cotto numbers were strong (though a number hasn't been confirmed yet).

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
        read the last line of my post, genius
        LOL I didn't bother to read all of it because I know you're trolling. GGG ****boys want to only use this guy's numbers when it fits their agenda. You guys tried using Glaser for Floyd-Berto, didn't want to use Glaser for GGG-Lem, and now you guys want to use him as a source again lol maybe not you but mostly all GGG fans

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
          Cotto was the A-side in their match [75-25 split]. Saying "Canelo sold 900k" is absolutely not true. Canelo by himself sells 300-350k (Lara & Angulo).

Cotto/Canelo purses were at least 5x as much as Golovkin/Lemieux, not including Cotto's PPV share and higher marketing costs.

Canelo has had a lot of prior PPV exposure, including Floyd. His mainstream popularity is not likely to explode all of a sudden. This was Golovkin's first PPV. Nobody can predict what kind of effect it had on his popularity - it can increase slightly or jump to Canelo/Cotto levels immediately.

Canelo is not Floyd. His purse vs. Cotto was reported as between 5m-6.5m, which is the highest of his career. Golovkin's was 2m vs. Lemieux. If Canelo insists on being A-side and asks for 75-25, Golovkin's gonna make the same amount of money vs. Canelo that he's been making recently, possibly slightly more. Canelo is more popular, but he's NOT a huge payday. Floyd is, and Froch probably would be in UK.

Golovkin's risking 3 belts vs. 1.
          J0zef I get you like GGG but this is a simple case of economics that GGG loses everytime.

Maybe Nelson, who brought GGG to HBO, uses his new position to force Canelo to fight GGG. But Canelo still holds all the leverage, no matter how many belts GGG has.

You have to accept that just because HBO is telling you GGG is something that doesn't make it true. The low PPV sales shows that mainstream US fans have not warmed up to him yet.

They might if he beats Canelo. Canelo knows this, as does ODH.

Sorry dude, but GGG just isn't a star on Canelo's level.

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
            Cotto was the A-side in their match [75-25 split]. Saying "Canelo sold 900k" is absolutely not true. Canelo by himself sells 300-350k (Lara & Angulo).

Cotto/Canelo purses were at least 5x as much as Golovkin/Lemieux, not including Cotto's PPV share and higher marketing costs.

Canelo has had a lot of prior PPV exposure, including Floyd. His mainstream popularity is not likely to explode all of a sudden. This was Golovkin's first PPV. Nobody can predict what kind of effect it had on his popularity - it can increase slightly or jump to Canelo/Cotto levels immediately.

Canelo is not Floyd. His purse vs. Cotto was reported as between 5m-6.5m, which is the highest of his career. Golovkin's was 2m vs. Lemieux. If Canelo insists on being A-side and asks for 75-25, Golovkin's gonna make the same amount of money vs. Canelo that he's been making recently, possibly slightly more. Canelo is more popular, but he's NOT a huge payday. Floyd is, and Froch probably would be in UK.

Golovkin's risking 3 belts vs. 1.
            Youre not being serious are you? You seriously think just cause 97k people watched him on PPV it will make his popularity jump to Canelo/Cotto levels? After 1 PPV that NOBODY watched? You guys are really delusional.

Unless it's Canelo, GGG's next PPV will do 150k... maybe.
            Last edited by .:: JSFD26 ::.; 12-02-2015, 12:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bardock View Post
              LOL I didn't bother to read all of it because I know you're trolling. GGG ****boys want to only use this guy's numbers when it fits their agenda. You guys tried using Glaser for Floyd-Berto, didn't want to use Glaser for GGG-Lem, and now you guys want to use him as a source again lol maybe not you but mostly all GGG fans
              I LMFAO when I saw he started the thread after He got pissed if anyone used Glazer's 97k.

Either way GGG got outsold about 7 to 1.

But yeah, OnePunch is an interesting fellow.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                J0zef I get you like GGG but this is a simple case of economics that GGG loses everytime.

Maybe Nelson, who brought GGG to HBO, uses his new position to force Canelo to fight GGG. But Canelo still holds all the leverage, no matter how many belts GGG has.

You have to accept that just because HBO is telling you GGG is something that doesn't make it true. The low PPV sales shows that mainstream US fans have not warmed up to him yet.

They might if he beats Canelo. Canelo knows this, as does ODH.

Sorry dude, but GGG just isn't a star on Canelo's level.

No objective person can disagree with this statement. But you also have to acknowledge that historically its pretty hard for fighters from outside north america to really cross over into "mega" stars. Remember, Pac burst onto the scene against Ledwaba in 2001. Yet it took 7 years and an Oscar fight for him to really become a crossover "mega" star.

Calzaghe-Kessler was supposed to be a box office bonanza, yet it bombed on HBO.

GGGs boxing style and personality give him a good chance to develop into a big star, but it certainly wont be easy. Putting Canelo on the floor would certainly be a good start.....

Comment

i bought so theres 1

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                    I LMFAO when I saw he started the thread after He got pissed if anyone used Glazer's 97k.

Either way GGG got outsold about 7 to 1.

But yeah, OnePunch is an interesting fellow.
                    lol its the usual NSB flip-flop nothing new

Comment

Originally posted by Bardock View Post
                      lol its the usual NSB flip-flop nothing new
                      Two of the biggest PPV names only selling 650k though?

Floyd sold nearly more than that with a fight against Berto :/

Comment

Working...
                      X