Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wlad is suffering

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He should of been fighting like he did in the 12th since the 5th or 6th round..

Comment

He should be depressed he gave away the most prestigious title in the sport, he could have done a lot of things that night chief among them throw punches to change that. He didn't allow himself the opportunity to win, for any athlete especially a champion they should be appalled by that lack of effort.

Comment

Fair play for his honesty. I do expect him to be better in the rematch but stylistically I really struggle to see how he wins this fight, he'd have to change how he's fought for the last 10 years and open up and take risks which it just doesn't feel like he wants to do vs someone as awkward and tall as Fury.

Comment

He's being honest, time to call it a day and enjoy life

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
            Or, if he had thrown his right hand...

Damn, seeing him slump back in his corner between rounds was soul destroying. His team let him down. Big time.
            Banks was giving him good instructions in fact from the very first in-between round pep talk if you remember. It's almost as if he could foresee how the fight was going to play out if Wladimir kept doing what he was doing. Before it got to round 3 Banks had already told him that he has to connect with the jab, step to him, don't wait too much, try to force the fight more etc.. but Wladimir just didnt seem to listen to him until the 12th round. Credit to Banks though, his instructions were on the money all fight.

Comment

Of course. People forget how long he's been a champion let alone THE champion.

Comment

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
                Wlad will bounce back and reclaim his titles and #1 P4P spot
                the ukraines always prevail
                Not all of them but it feels like some of the US posters would have preferred Wlad stay on top than see a Briton take the belts.

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
                He only really started to land punches late in the fight when Fury stopped moving. If Fury boxes and feints for 12 rounds the next time instead of 8-9 that he did this time, it's conceivable that he could win by a wider margin.

Wlad would have to take a lot more risks to win.

Comment

I mentioned it in another thread; I didn't like the look on his wife's face during the fight. The guy is going through some serious turmoil in his personal life.

Comment

i believe that a HW with a knockout right hand, who doesn't throw the thing when he's behind in teh 12th, deserves to lose.

you deserved to lose, wladimir. you lost to a better fighter that night. nobody wants to see you again if you are going to go out there and paw with your jab to set up f#cking clinches.

just throw your right hand or retire. that's really what it's come down to for me.

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post

even then, we give hiim credit for actually throwing a right hand . it's not like he threw a lot of them, or really took the risks neccessary to put yourself in a position to win a fight via come from behind knockout.

you're a f#cking 6.5' HW with a knockout punch in either hand. we shouldn't be giving you undue credit for just throwing punches. that's what you're supposed to do!

i'll be compeltely content if wladimir retires, and i never see him fight again. we've gotten use to embarrassing showings for the HW championship of the world, FFS. it is all wrong.

this sport needs to move forward. the clinchko era is done. let's hope fury's next fights are more entertaining.

Comment

Working...
                      X