No announcement yet.

Fury "fans" crawling out of the woodwork

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr. Philadel View Post
    it's always the case after a upset....I remember riding in a two door buggy during the Swift vs Khan fight....afterwards I had to order a tour bus

well i told you guys this would happen 2 years ago...

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Philadel View Post
      it's always the case after a upset....I remember riding in a two door buggy during the Swift vs Khan fight....afterwards I had to order a tour bus
      I was definitely on that tour bus after the fight.

That's why I said in the other thread I prefer gettig fights wrong. I picked Khan to win by KO but being completely wrong made it more exciting and enjoyable.

I warmed to Danny in the build up for that fight and jumped on the tour bus after it and won't be getting off.

Comment

I won't say I'm a fan of Tyson Fury but...

He deserved the win and he is his own man.

He is great for the HW division and sport overall.

I don't think he will be a Great Champion.

But fair play to the guy, he delivered last Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomjas View Post
          He's an entertaining albeit politically incorrect guy in a marquee division that has just won a big fight so understandable

However, if he continues to stink the house out with his performances, the lustre will fade

His namesake, he is not and no amount of trash talk will change that
          Wlad is one of the best defensive boxers in the history of the heavyweight division, a master at preventing opponents from even getting a chance to land clean punches on him.

Fury won't be fighting anybody else with those defensive skills, plus the power to knock him clean out with one punch if he made a mistake, ever again. Except in the rematch with Wlad, if it happens.

He did what he needed to do to win the titles, away from home, against one of the most dominant champions the sport has ever known.

And my message to all Tyson's new fans: Better late than never.

But yeah, a few of us have been telling you for years how good Fury was, and getting mocked and even accused of racism for rating him so highly.

It's good to be vindicated at last.

Comment

I'll happily admit I was wrong, I didn't think Fury would win at the weekend but I wanted him to win more than anything.

I wasn't a big fan when he first turned pro. He was fat, out of shape and looking terrible against the likes of John "Man ****" McDermott.

He's improve so much under Peter though. His personality just makes it impossible not to root for him and he made me a fan for life when he tore David Haye to shreds on Ringside.

I said before the fight that Tyson winning the HW title would be the best thing to happen to boxing in a long time.

Comment

I have to say that was one god awful fight Saturday. Wlad didn't do squat, he was old and washed up.

Fury wasn't all that spectacular either. With Wlad not throwing a damn thing all Fury had to do was be just a tab bit busier to win the fight, which he did. Fury didn't look all that great. With the amount of punches that Wlad was throwing Fury should have lit his ass up. Only 140 something punches connected combined between the two, that's god awful.

Ill tell you this much the Heavyweight division didn't get all that better after Saturday. We still have a unexciting SH IT champion who is a giant and sad thing is with Fury's size dude doesn't have power.

If all think this Fury winning made that heavyweights better think again.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                I'll happily admit I was wrong, I didn't think Fury would win at the weekend but I wanted him to win more than anything.

I wasn't a big fan when he first turned pro. He was fat, out of shape and looking terrible against the likes of John "Man ****" McDermott.

He's improve so much under Peter though. His personality just makes it impossible not to root for him and he made me a fan for life when he tore David Haye to shreds on Ringside.

I said before the fight that Tyson winning the HW title would be the best thing to happen to boxing in a long time.
                Yep, you were completely honest, respect.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                  I saw so many fake fans on twitter yesterday. They all suspected Fury might win suddenly

Same on here. Pathetic. At least admit you were wrong if you picked Wlad to flatten Fury.

i have no shame in admitting htat wladimir was either:

A: shot to pieces and unwilling to throw his right hand.

B: poisoned.

Comment

Originally posted by boxinghead530 View Post
                    I have to say that was one god awful fight Saturday. Wlad didn't do squat, he was old and washed up.

Fury wasn't all that spectacular either. With Wlad not throwing a damn thing all Fury had to do was be just a tab bit busier to win the fight, which he did. Fury didn't look all that great. With the amount of punches that Wlad was throwing Fury should have lit his ass up. Only 140 something punches connected combined between the two, that's god awful.

Ill tell you this much the Heavyweight division didn't get all that better after Saturday. We still have a unexciting SH IT champion who is a giant and sad thing is with Fury's size dude doesn't have power.

If all think this Fury winning made that heavyweights better think again.
                    What happens if Fury decided to "lit his ass up" and got countered by one of Wlad's savage shots? Fury did what he had to do to win the fight and minimise risk. Wladimir is correctly considered one of the strongest p4p punchers in the world, why would Fury engage in a shoot out with him? It's daft.

Comment

fury's not only gotten in shape over the past five years or so, his physiology is changed completely.

i'll be shocked if he isn't on something. not going to complain abou tit, however. wladimir didn't strike me as squeaky clean, either. dude promotes himself .

Comment

Working...
                      X