Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Tyson Fury "Expose" Wladimir Klitschko?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
    Both of you claimed Wlad was going to flatten Fury.

Stop making excuses. Pathetic.
    Im giving Fury all the credit in the world...no excuses needed he is almost 40 right?

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
      Jennings is a skilled boxer too, like Fury. I think that just goes further to prove the point. Even Tony Thompson showed certain skills at times which befuddled Wladimir in the first fight back in '08 - not consistently but at times. The difference with Fury though is that he's bigger and stronger than Jennings and younger and fitter than Thompson. He put the skills, size, speed and youth together (for the first time Wladimir ever had to face that combination) and Wladimir just didn't have the skillset to deal with it.
      Thompson yes...if he was younger he would beat Vlad imo. Jennings, not so much. He fights in a manner suggesting he has a big punch and he doesn't. He fought to last...He was right on the end of Vlad's jab all night...this works when you have the footwork of a guy like Frazier and can walk in and punch, it does not work when you have to be stationary to punch your opponent.

Thompson is a paid opponent. If he trained really hard, was a few years younger, he would be very good. Odanier Solis is another one who coulda been a contenda!

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        He let others know how clearly Wlad telegraphs his leaping left hook.

People were trying to tell me he doesn't telegraph it when he couldn't miss Pulev with it.

Only difference was that Pulev's Defense is terrible and Fury's isn't. He was clearly telegraphing it against Pulev just as he was last night.
        To be fair to wlad he only went to that punch out of desperation, and was actually able to land it a couple times. Fury was far from impressive imo. He looked tense and was expending a lot of energy with his overly twitchy feints, he's lucky wlad didn't have the balls to push the pace. Usually the guy with the shorter straighter punches gets the better of exchanges. If wlad didn't have such a conservative temperament, I'd pick him to win in a rematch. Then again, he woulda probably won the fight in the first place if that wasn't the case.

Comment

He definitely exposed those foam canvas's Wlad tries to use

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
            I don't think Fury exposed anything we didn't already know about Wlad
            Yeah, but who knew Fury could lick Klit so effectively

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
              I don't like this whole 'Wladimir was shot' drivel. Fury performed well - but it was by no means a masterclass.
              It was a masterclass.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
                Im giving Fury all the credit in the world...no excuses needed he is almost 40 right?
                But you're not though.

The first thing you said was that Klitschko was old. You've been banging on about how easy this was going to be for Klitschko for months. I've seen it.

So don't mention age. Fury just was the better man. Simple as that.

Comment

Working...
                X