Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Tyson Fury "Expose" Wladimir Klitschko?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Tyson Fury "Expose" Wladimir Klitschko?

It's the first time Wladimir has fought someone who was the same size (or bigger) who had very astute boxing skills as well as speed, movement and youth. While Fury isn't necessarily always fluid and smooth with his work, he does have a much more diverse skill set compared to Wlad. Being able to switch from righty to lefty for example, very fast feet for a big guy, upper body and head movement, punch variation, slickness (although "ponderous slickness" might be a better description) etc..

Did Fury expose Wladimir for being the "robotic", "predictable" boxer that many have labelled him in the past - David Haye being probably the most publicly visible critic.

Has Wladimir Klitschko been exposed?
    Yes
    49.02%
    No
    50.98%

I don't think Fury exposed anything we didn't already know about Wlad

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
      This.

Fury is a stylistic nightmare for Wlad. No exposing, just all wrong for Klitschko

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
        Agreed. He was just the first fighter with the size and skill set to take full advantage. Jennings showed many of the same flaws but didn't have the skill set.

Comment

He let others know how clearly Wlad telegraphs his leaping left hook.

People were trying to tell me he doesn't telegraph it when he couldn't miss Pulev with it.

Only difference was that Pulev's Defense is terrible and Fury's isn't. He was clearly telegraphing it against Pulev just as he was last night.

Comment

There aren't many 6'9, agile fighters that can capitalize on Wlad's limitations like Fury can.

Comment

He's 39. Wlad has fought a lot of decent fighters, I don't think you can class a loss at 39 as exposed, Fury was better on the night, Wlad is 8-9 or so years past his best.

Comment

He exposed that everyone has a gameplan until they get old. Otherwise he used tactics already known.

Comment

Well, the rematch will either confirm or refute this.

Comment

Yes and no. A lot of people, including me, have not thought much of Vlad. However in my opinion it would be unfair not to recogize that Fury is legitimate. Its more than simply a matter of "Style" though....For example the comment Dan made about Vlad's hook is an example of how smart Fury is as a fighter. I would add the following: kowing Vlad can't fight inside instead of always backing off, Fury simply went in to make sure Vlad would not fire, of course Vlad would clinch right? Thats intelligence and the art of the craft.

I really think the Roussey Holm fight has parallels to the Fury Klitschko affair, Holm went into the fight with Roussey an experienced boxer who could use her feet (not talking about the kick)...Fury comes from a family and his family made sure he developed into a full skilled boxer!

Heres another example: Fury pounding away in Vlad's nice bit muscles when they were in the grapple. This little act actually signifies a lot! Sure Fury as a strategy did not fight this fight on the inside, but he had enough skills to take those shots to wear on and screw up Vlad's ability to land a great punch.

Sorry...I mean no disrespect but Vlad has always been a weak champ in a weak era. He never faced any guys with the type of skill sets that someone trained, as a fighter as an aprentice, would have.

Comment

Working...
                    X