Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Wladimir was always a coward at heart" true or false?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i think coward is harsh,
    i mean lets be fair fury doesnt have devastating knock out power,
    but hes like 6ft9 and 17 stones, hes a big guy,
    so you can understand wlads reluctance to mix it up because he's worried about his chin, so kinda cant blame him,
    saying that it just goes to show he does have a tainted record fighting smaller guy with his jab...

like i said before the fight yesterday, wlad wouldnt have lasted in the other eras of heavyweight boxing

Comment

Absolutely not. Blame Emanuel Steward.

Comment

I would be loath to say that about any fighter (and who am I to say that anyway right?), but I've long felt that there has been a certain element of cowardice in the way that Wlad went about rebuilding his career after the stoppages. Part of the reason that I dislike what he does in the ring so much is due to a belief that he has the talent and physical attributes to be so much more than he allowed himself to become.

He jettisoned his potential in order to play it safe. Now to be fair to him, those losses put him in a position where he no longer had the wiggle room to dare to lose. One more and his career could have been done. But after he steadied the ship, as a fan at the time I wanted him to progress from that base. He never did. He stagnated. He was unwilling to develop as a fighter if it entailed risk.

I can partly understand it. He didn't want to lose what he'd managed to claw back then hold on to (literally) for dear life. But last night showed how detrimental that mindset can be. When the time called for him to fight, to be brave in the face of adversity and take risks in order to win he couldn't do it. Maybe he's forgotten how.

Bar a last ditch gesture in the twelfth he gave up the heavyweight championship of the world without a fight.

Whilst I don't want him to win I'd like to see him redeem himself in a rematch by conducting himself in a manner befitting a champion. I don't feel he's done that for most of his reign. My worst opinions of the man are that he's actually somewhat of a bully masking a streak of cowardice that resides within himself.

Last night reaffirmed the lowest opinions that I have of him. I hope he dusts himself off and comes out guns blazing and shows that he can be better than the man that he's allowed himself to become.

Comment

The mans not a coward, no fighter is a coward however plenty don't have the skills to get them over in tough spots and some of them aren't willing to gamble. That doesn't mean their cowards!!!
          As I've said many times Wlad is a one dimensional boxer who doesn't have the knowledge how to adapt during a fight. Last night he simply wouldn't go for broke and double jab in to have his right hand thrown behind the jabs. He simply couldn't do because he doesn't have type of boxing coordination.
          Riding a surf board is great but in the ring he has cement feet so any decent lateral movement along with head movements stops him in his tracks.

You just saw a guy with 24 bouts with 3 or 4 decent opponents completely
          make a fool out of the champion of the world.

Now someone tell me what Ali would do to Wlad? Plus Ali's right hand is much better than Tyson's. Fury throws wide sloppy arm punches with his right 75% of the time.
          Wlad did alot considering his skill level but his era was very weak, what have his opponents done since they fought him? Hell where are they?
          All fabricated records, all statues who stand in front of each other and get hit by everything thrown. Not one including Wlad has ANY defense and they never throw combinations.
          He was thje Current Day Canerra, better yes! How much over 70 years?
          Not much, you saw it all through his career the fact his opponents were so bad made him look better. One two One two last night where did two go...?

Ray
          Last edited by Ray Corso; 11-29-2015, 12:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post

Now someone tell me what Ali would do to Wlad? Plus Ali's right hand is much better than Tyson's. Fury throws wide sloppy arm punches with his right 75% of the time.
            Wlad did alot considering his skill level but his era was very weak, what have his opponents done since they fought him? Hell where are they?
            All fabricated records, all statues who stand in front of each other and get hit by everything thrown. Not one including Wlad has ANY defense and they never throw combinations.
            He was thje Current Day Canerra, better yes! How much over 70 years?
            Not much, you saw it all through his career the fact his opponents were so bad made him look better. One two One two last night where did two go...?

Ray
            I agree Ali would decimate Wlad just like he did to Ernie Terrell. But any boxing fan with half a brain already knew this before he lost to fury.
            Last edited by Vadrigar.; 11-29-2015, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by - Ram Raid - View Post
              I would be loath to say that about any fighter (and who am I to say that anyway right?), but I've long felt that there has been a certain element of cowardice in the way that Wlad went about rebuilding his career after the stoppages. Part of the reason that I dislike what he does in the ring so much is due to a belief that he has the talent and physical attributes to be so much more than he allowed himself to become.

He jettisoned his potential in order to play it safe. Now to be fair to him, those losses put him in a position where he no longer had the wiggle room to dare to lose. One more and his career could have been done. But after he steadied the ship, as a fan at the time I wanted him to progress from that base. He never did. He stagnated. He was unwilling to develop as a fighter if it entailed risk.

I can partly understand it. He didn't want to lose what he'd managed to claw back then hold on to (literally) for dear life. But last night showed how detrimental that mindset can be. When the time called for him to fight, to be brave in the face of adversity and take risks in order to win he couldn't do it. Maybe he's forgotten how.

Bar a last ditch gesture in the twelfth he gave up the heavyweight championship of the world without a fight.

Whilst I don't want him to win I'd like to see him redeem himself in a rematch by conducting himself in a manner befitting a champion. I don't feel he's done that for most of his reign. My worst opinions of the man are that he's actually somewhat of a bully masking a streak of cowardice that resides within himself.

Last night reaffirmed the lowest opinions that I have of him. I hope he dusts himself off and comes out guns blazing and shows that he can be better than the man that he's allowed himself to become.
              Good post. Ten plus years ago he was a great offensive fighter. I remember the first time I saw him I was blown away that a guy his size had that type of arsenal. He's neglected about 75% of his offence in order to win in a really ugly fashion. He had the ability to change the fight last night, he just refused to Entertain the idea. He's had a great run but I'm glad he lost. The only way for him to beat fury is to fight like he did in the 12th, if he's not willing to do that, he should just retire.
              Last edited by El-blanco; 11-29-2015, 12:31 PM.

Comment

He's 39 years old. Hate him or love him, he's been boxing his whole life. Most people are too cowardly to even step foot into a ring and spar once. It takes guts to get in day in and day out in the ring and box. Don't disrespect the man even if you hate how he fights.

Originally posted by Vadrigar. View Post
                I agree Ali would decimate Wlad just like he did to Ernie Terrell. But any boxing fan with half a brain already knew this before he lost to fury.

I respect Ali, but he's not big enough to handle Klitschko.

Fury is 6'9" with 85" reach.
                Ali is 6'3" with 78" reach.
                Kliltschko is 6'6" with 81" reach.

Ali would lose. He's far shorter and weighs far less than they do. He's a better boxer, for sure, but size really does make a big difference.

Errie Terrell doesn't have the power Klitschko does, hell, neither the resume. He was tall and lengthy, but Klitschko is basically 30+ heavier than that man (and solid muscle).
                Last edited by UNBIASED BOXING; 11-29-2015, 12:30 PM.

Comment

Any man who's that big and strong yet scared to throw a punch has a questionable heart in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by SniXSniPe View Post
                    He's 39 years old. Hate him or love him, he's been boxing his whole life. Most people are too cowardly to even step foot into a ring and spar once. It takes guts to get in day in and day out in the ring and box. Don't disrespect the man even if you hate how he fights.

I respect Ali, but he's not big enough to handle Klitschko.

Fury is 6'9" with 85" reach.
                    Ali is 6'3" with 78" reach.
                    Kliltschko is 6'6" with 81" reach.

Ali would lose. He's far shorter and weighs far less than they do. He's a better boxer, for sure, but size really does make a big difference.

Errie Terrell doesn't have the power Klitschko does, hell, neither the resume. He was tall and lengthy, but Klitschko is basically 30+ heavier than that man (and solid muscle).
                    Ali would slap Klitschko all over the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by Caught Square View Post
                      Hatman is a great Youtube boxing channel btw, he got a bit carried away in this one ( I found it hilarious though) which was understandable but his breakdowns are really good.
                      I like him a lot too.

Comment

Working...
                      X