No announcement yet.

Canelo Is Not a Middleweight!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sparkman0811 View Post
    How is he a light heavy weight? Because there's a fat dude at 220 lbs., does that make him a heavyweight? Can he fight a true heavy weight, who is solid muscle? Canelo would be small at 168, even, let alone 175.
    Lol Canelo a light heavyweight..... Smh Using that logic, Crawford is a Jr Middleweight. Lol he be at 154+ on fight night.

Comment

Canelo isn't necessarily bigger than GGG, but he does rehydrate more water weight and will definitely grow into the MW division. He might even be draining himself to make 155 like Chavez was when he was making MW. Obviously, the situations are different because Canelo has never looked THAT unhealthy at the weigh-ins. Canelo can't be called a LMW right now because he's been fighting above the LMW limit. He's towing the line between both divisions, but he's officially a MW titlist, even-though he's yet to fight a true MW. However, I don't think draining his opponents will help us build a case of whether he belongs at MW or not.
      Last edited by kiaba360; 11-26-2015, 08:19 PM.

Comment

Still laughing at this ****ing braindead idiot asking me to "find a middleweight who can make 155"

BAN BAN BAN

BAN FOR STUPID

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman0811 View Post
          Show me a middleweight who can make 155.

I don't buy this "Canelo is bigger" argument. If Canelo is bigger, then GGG shouldn't have a problem making 155, since the bigger guy can make that weight.

Not defending the catchweight bull****. But, let Canelo come up to true 160 first, fight some middleweights, test the waters, then fight GGG.

GGG only calls out small dudes. 160 is weak, not impressed with his opposition at all. I'm okay with Canelo fight, but let him acclimate to division first, never even fought at 160 or fought a true middleweight, yet.
          People are fed up with CWs and they should only be used as a last resort and in this case it isn't really necessary. Canelo hasn't got a zero to protect so what is he messing about for, he isn't Floyd trying to protect his zero at every opportunity and effects every decision Floyd makes of his waking moment.

Just fight for the 160 title. Floyd wont do it as he wants his zero. You haven't got a zero and theres no disgrace in losing to GGG. GGG wants to protect his own zero for the time being as well I guess so Ward will come later and be the cherry on top of the cake. But GGG don't need that right now.

Floyd didn't let JMM have warm up fights before fighting him, and JMM didn't think he needed them. So if canelo doesn't think hes up to the job don't take the fight then. Not everyone is as brave as JMM.

Comment

Originally posted by Baltimore View Post
            But the group trying to fight a guy who has never fought at middleweight is actually trying to fight a guy who holds the middleweight championship of the world. Oh and not to mention they are the Mandatory opponent because of that belt.

The only way what your saying is not defending is if you are also implying that Canelo should drop the belt now, then when he gets acclimated to the weight fight GGG in the future. If that's your opinion fine, but if you think Canelo should be able to keep the belt now while claiming he's never fought at middleweight so give him time, then your defending it

Yes, if he isn't ready for GGG, drop the belt. I'm fine with that. I just can't defend people making an argument that Canelo is scared or that GGG is the better fighter, when one guy has been fighting at true middleweight his whole career, while the other guy has never fought a 160 pounder in his life. Yes, its a paper belt, I get it, but how is GGG respected calling out smaller fighters? So, I'm saying let Canelo vacate, acclimate to 160, then fight GGG on a more level playing field.

Comment

Stop it boss, he is a MW. And he will beat the living **** out of the division, bar Gokovkin (competitive fight.)

End of story, happy Tday.

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
                Hi Oscar..
                Hi, Cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigg Rigg View Post
                  Lol Canelo a light heavyweight..... Smh Using that logic, Crawford is a Jr Middleweight. Lol he be at 154+ on fight night.
                  Yup,exactly. I hear you, bro.

Comment

when u are champion u shouldn't ask other fighters in the division where u are champion to fight at catchweight. especially if u rehydrate 15++ lbs.it's wrong and should be illegal.

canelo should be stripped of his ring/wbc titles, investigated and banned for a year.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                      Canelo isn't necessarily bigger than GGG, but he does rehydrate more water weight and will definitely grow into the MW division. He might even be draining himself to make 155 like Chavez was when he was making MW. Obviously, the situations are different because Canelo has never looked THAT unhealthy at the weigh-ins. Canelo can't be called a LMW right now because he's been fighting above the LMW limit. He's towing the line between both divisions, but he's officially a MW titlist, even-though he's yet to fight a true MW. However, I don't think draining his opponents will help us build a case of whether he belongs at MW or not.
                      Great post. Yes, I agree with everything you said. I am not in favor of dehydrating a fighter or fighting smaller opposition, which what we have Canelo & GGG calling for.

Comment

Working...
                      X