No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ward: Golovkin Can Come Up With Any Excuse He Wants

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
    Because he made an official offer to fight GGG. It's a much more realistic fight.
    Now it was "official"? Then you must have a link to that "official offer".
    No, man, he said he made a "formal offer" (by email), which was turned down in 36 minutes only (also by email). The content of those email messages wasn't "official", which is understandable.

Comment

• So there's an excuse for Ward saying all by himself that he's willing to drop to 160, but posters on boxingscene critique GGG for saying the same thing. Not to mention he sent his offer to GGG either the moment he signed for a fight with Lemieux or while GGG's camp was closing the Lemieux fight. Plus before he sent that e-mail offer to K2, Ward went quiet even though GGG offered him a fight at 164, but we haven't heard anything from Ward for a month or two. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying GGG would beat the **** out of Ward or anything like that, if anything it's about 50/50 fight, plus me myself I know Ward fighting Floyd wouldn't be realistic, but Floyd/Haymon fans (Now Ward isn't in PBC but it's obvious Haymon groupies here are jumping on his bandwagon) are the biggest hypocrites, only quoting what suits their agenda while somehow chosing to forget Ward saying he can drop to 160 for Floyd. They are doing something similar with Laura, he's calling out GGG from the safe distance and we are supposed to believe he want's to fight him, while he can't even make the fights against the other middleweights who are with Haymon. Just because Laura knows Haymon would never alow the GGG fight. Somehow there is always a valid excuse why they can't fight other promoter's fighters and it's not only Top Rank, ther's Kathy Duval, there's K2 Promotions, but yeah, I guess I'm just a Haymon hater...
      Last edited by StefanTosic; 11-28-2015, 01:18 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
        Former super middleweight ruler Andre Ward (28-0, 15KOs) is still highly disappointed that a fight never came off with Gennady "GGG" Golovkin (34-0, 31KOs), who holds three middleweight titles.

Ward is now focused on a run in the light heavyweight division with a planned fight against IBF/WBO/WBA champion Sergey Kovalev in the fall of 2016.
        [Click Here To Read More]
        Ward is not only lying....he is completely mesmerized by GGG....couldn't even half fill his own home town arena in his last fight...and he got his knees buckled in the sixth by 'Tomato Can Smith'.....

Comment

• Originally posted by GaryMSchneider View Post
          Ward is not only lying....he is completely mesmerized by GGG....couldn't even half fill his own home town arena in his last fight...and he got his knees buckled in the sixth by 'Tomato Can Smith'.....
          and that was even with Roc giving away free tickets by the BRICK......

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr.Daddy View Post
            To back up a bit, Ward said, "No." (when he was inactive) when asked by HBO about fighting GGG. Then by the time Ward notified GGG's team that he was seeking a fight, GGG's team had moved on to another fighter (whether it was Murray, Monroe, of Lemieux). As to where negotiations had gotten to for the other fighter, I do not know, but as GGG is fighting multiple times a year, I'll accept that his team had moved on. So, long story made short: For HBO, GGG said, "Yes." Ward said, "No." Subsequent to that, Ward's team made an offer, and GGG's team reject it out of hand. Presently, all that is past - and let's hope that it isn't a factor which prevents making a 2016 fight. Currently, Ward is looking for two fights before his Kovalev fight, and GGG needs an opponent for 2016 as Canelo won't fight GGG for some time. My position is that GGG's team make an offer to Ward for the first half of 2016 so that it won't interfere with Ward's fight against Kovalev. And make the offer realistic: one that both fighters find acceptable. That's it. Take it out of the media, and put it into the ring. Get it done. End all the speculation by announcing the date and site of the fight.
            Right, he needed to work back down to 168, AND he wanted a tuneup.

Immediately following the Smith fight, Ward approached Team Golovkin.

And he approached them again 2 months later.

So, I felt it was a little dishonest of you to insinuate that Ward ducked Golovkin by saying "NO"...... when the question really was..... " are you ready NOW " ?

Originally posted by Mr.Daddy View Post
            Andre Ward on HBO said, "No." when asked if he wanted to fight GGG. GGG on the other hand said, "Yes."
            People aren't keeping it real, in their attempt to support their guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
              Now it was "official"? Then you must have a link to that "official offer".
              No, man, he said he made a "formal offer" (by email), which was turned down in 36 minutes only (also by email). The content of those email messages wasn't "official", which is understandable.
              Some people here only live in their fantasy world, i mean look at that dude, check his posting history, he spends more time in this forum than in the real world out there.

Ward sent that hoax offer when GGG was locked in to fight Lemieux and Canelo/Cotto winner afterwards. Sure GGG gives up the Canelo fight and his WBC mandatory spot to fight a guy who is either inactive or injured, has no fans and didnt make 168 in over 2 years.

I mean its so obvious what this offer was really used for. To pretend Ward who cant even make 168 wants to fight GGG, which he never wanted when he had the chance.

These people without common sense doe, they believe just anything that fits their agenda.

Just ignore em, they are as stubborn as it gets.
              Last edited by Jubei; 11-28-2015, 11:59 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jubei View Post
                Sure GGG gives up the Canelo fight and his WBC mandatory spot to fight a guy who is either inactive or injured, has no fans and didnt make 168 in over 2 years.
                So yeah, you just said he turned down the fight. He turned down the fight. You can't have your cake and eat it too: if GGG felt he had better prospects elsewhere, cool, but that doesn't change the fact that he turned down the fight.

He turned it down.

Go ahead and write a big ass response, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                  1) he has never faced a world-class fighter Wrong, Daniel Geale, a former unified middleweight champion, Martin Murray, a former multiple title challenger who could have gotten away with a split decision win against Abraham this past weekend, Marco Antonio Rubio, David Lemieux? The quality of opposition is only improving.

2) his PPV flopped Wrong He got the buys you would expect for first PPV, this isn't Floyd Mayweather we are talking about, 150,000 buys would still pay out $2-3 million to GolovKING

3) he will not fight Cotto/Canelo, despite saying he could beat anyone at 154, Wrong He'll fight Canelo for the 160 pound belt at 160 pounds, will Canelo man up?

Have fun with those facts Robby.
                  There are some facts for you to consider.

Comment

• SOGgy biscuit brilliant! Hahahaha
                    Originally posted by Steve plunger View Post
                    Can't wait till Andre (soggy biscuit) ward gets sparked out by kovalev when he finally meets him....that's if he actually gets in the ring with him and don't fake an injury.....golovkin is the best middlweight in the world who will soon hold all the belts...ward needs to concentrate on his own division and start preparing for the crusher...life's a ***** Andre isn't it ...what a f@ckn big girls blouse. War golovkin

Comment

• Originally posted by robbyheartbaby View Post
                      SOGgy biscuit brilliant! Hahahaha
                      Hahahahaha you clocked on to it .....lol

Comment

Working...
                      X