Collapse
No announcement yet.

this is why boxing is a dying sport....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• this is why boxing is a dying sport....

The Canelo vs Golovkin situation & of course other situation similar..... Boxing is like the old wild west NO RULES & ORGANIZATION. ...fighter nowadays do what they want. They are to many belts per division. Fighters create their own weight classes & dictated term such as ring size,golves,etc. This is why boxing needs one Organization in form such as UFC,NFL,NBA to dictate and overview the sport of boxing. ALL FIGHTERS NEED TO FIGHT IN A EVEN PLAYING FIELD.

This is what boxing needs imo one champion per division; no catch weight title fights, I don't mind catch weights as long as they ain't title fights; random olympic style testing thru out the year; compubox as judge instead of normal judges; one size ring for all fights & standardized boxing gloves; also the champion must fight title defense at least once a year against a TOP 5 rated fighter in his division....thoughts?
    Last edited by El Tejano; 11-26-2015, 01:27 PM.

Originally posted by El Tejano View Post
    The Canelo vs Golovkin situation & of course other situation similar..... Boxing is like the old wild west NO RULES & ORGANIZATION. ...fighter nowadays do what they want. They are to many belts per division. Fighters create their own weight classes & dictated term such as ring size,golves,etc. This is why boxing needs one Organization in form such as UFC,NFL,NBA to dictate and overview the sport of boxing. ALL FIGHTERS NEED TO FIGHT IN A EVEN PLAYING FIELD.

This is what boxing needs imo one champion per division; no catch weight title fights, I don't mind catch weights as long as they ain't title fights; random olympic style testing thru out the year; compubox as judge instead of normal judges; one size ring for all fights & standardized boxing gloves; also the champion must fight title defense at least once a year against a TOP 5 rated fighter in his division....thoughts?
    Agree with everything except this.

Comment

So we should make pro boxing more like Olympic boxing?

Comment

Compubox isn't accurate, its a guy clicking a button. It shouldn't be a judge, but judges should be forced to go through tests yearly to measure their competence and if they mess up a decision they should get demoted to smaller fights with less pay until they wise up. Similar to refs in football (soccer)

UFC isn't a standardized organisation, it's a promotion, MMA have a few Bellator for one. It's like if all but a few major fighters were under Bob Arums umbrella and Arum just made a belt called 'the arum belt' and divisions fought for it. Though I think that would be best for the fans it isn't best for the fighters. Random Olympic drugs testing is expensive (without a governing body) and still quite easy to beat (look at all the athletics cheats).

Everyone would love less weight classes, belts, standardized rules but boxing will never go back to the way it was.

Comment

Sounds good for the most part...except compubox instead of judges.

Comment

This "dying sport" pulled in an insane record number of something like 4.4mill buys this year. So, bytch all you like but GTFO with the "dying sport" nonsense.

Comment

I didn't mean to quote you goldneboi

People have been saying boxing is dying since the 1800's and it's still here today. The things the boxers are doing today have always been done. Boxing is more regulated, organized, and less corrupt today than any other time in the history of the sport. I laugh when people say certain individuals are so corrupt and killing the sport. This sport used to be run by the Mafia ffs! If you think boxing is more corrupt and unorganized today than ever before maybe you need to read up on the history of the sport.

Comment

Why the **** is there no rule that you need a certain post count before you can create threads?

Comment

HELL no, but yes to everything else. I also think I should get ten bucks for every post I make here ... but watcha gonna do

Comment

That is what I was hoping for pbc to become, an alternative to the boxing status quo

Even if pbc didn't have all the top fighters, they had enough to have their own organzoation with its own belts, similar to bellator..

Pbc just needs to be standardized:
                    20x20 rings
                    No catchweights
                    Making champs defend vs top contenders just like how they do in mma

Sadly, pbc is more of the same instead of something different, and really is no alternative.

Comment

Working...
                    X