No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Alvarez Outpoints Cotto, Claims Middleweight Crown

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cupo303 View Post
    In this fight, Canelo gets the opportunity to drop the Hyprid Boxing where he is half Slick Boxer, half big aggressive fighter. He can simply try to outbox GGG. Cotto would have tried to do it, and he wouldn't have succeeded because he is not that great of a boxer when he dances around the ring. He can only get away with that against a Margarito type, but GGG is a much more skilled come forward fighter.

Canelo has a bit of Floyd in him, with his defense and one punch pot shots. I don't think he will win, but it will be interesting.
    I understand the triple G hype, not only because he can punch but he has skills. I don't see anybody beating him but I would be interested in seeing him against Canelo, Quillin or Lee

Comment

• Had it 8-4 Canelo.

A lot of people hating on Canelo for no reason. A great win for him. He landed the much more harder & eye catching punches. Some of those body shots, upper cuts and left hooks were really solid and I'm surprised Cotto managed to stay up. Canelo's defence today was also underrated, he showed really good upper body movement and managed to slickly avoid quite a few of Cotto's punches. The only negative I see is that maybe Canelo could've been more active at times, and he still needs to learn to cut off the ring better though he did better than usual in this fight due to the nature of the bout.

Going forward, it's great that he's willing to fight GGG. He's willing to fight anyone and has the toughest resume in recent years. Honestly, as a Canelo fan, I still think GGG would beat him but you never know I guess. At least he's willing to take the challenge. I reckon he should take the fight next September and take a slightly easier fight in May time. Perhaps someone like Andy Lee or Peter Quillan at 160.

Comment

• Originally posted by richardt View Post
        Reported for RACISM!
        ...get over it...

Comment

• Originally posted by PRBOXINGCOTTO View Post
          Cotto won that fight the fix was in those score cards were ridiculous all this crap canelo was going to walk thru and destroy cotto what happend cotto was never hurt took w.e canelo brought and outboxed him canelo had the bigger shots but cotto control the pace canelo gained my respect but cotto won this fight by 1 round or I can see canelo by 1 round wide score cards what a joke
          hahaha PUTO RICAN, your fighter got owned.

the fix was in for cotto to win but when they saw how bad he was out boxed they had to pull the plug lol.

Comment

• Great fight from both guys. Canelo did more than enough to take it home, Cotto was lucky to not leave looking like a mongeral.

Comment

• Originally posted by tiliheels View Post
              do u see how bad he delt with that jab tonight...ggg is going to take his head off unless he is weight drained...canelo tried to play that mess off by showboating and over moving his head, but the truth is he had a mouse on his eye from it and cotto never looked really good during the fight..even before he got hit
              I understand that but Canelo did not get pushed into the next level. Cotto couldn't hurt him so we don't know if Canolo can go into another gear.

Canelo has always had good head and waist movement that compensates for his slow legs

Comment

• at least we have a winner now, time for Golovkin vs Canelo

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve plunger
                  I picked canelo you dummy......show me where I once picked cotto.....I know black people are thick...but your worse than than that lol
                  yep, u mad AF

Comment

• i honestly would not be surprised if cottos wife is in canelos locker room right now on her knees sucking canelos **** right now.

Comment

• Cotto got robbed

Comment

Working...
                      X