No announcement yet.

How Would gennady Perform Against Higher Level Opposition

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
    We don't know because he doesn't appear willing to get into the ring with one.
    Wrong as usual. The 2 surest bet HOFers around are Cotto and Froch, and he pursued both of them and got ducked. Froch at least would have been a risky fight, nevermind on his turf.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
      Wrong as usual. The 2 surest bet HOFers around are Cotto and Froch, and he pursued both of them and got ducked. Froch at least would have been a risky fight, nevermind on his turf.
      Froch is old out of prime retired fighter. Cotto is a battle-worn much smaller fighter. Try again.

Comment

Froch is old out of prime retired fighter. Cotto is a battle-worn much smaller fighter. Try again.
        Froch wasnt retired last year when they were after him, he was #1 SMW, p4p rated. Cotto was above GGG in all the MW rankings, and best qualified HOFer around. You fail again.

Comment

Froch wasnt retired last year when they were after him, he was #1 SMW, p4p rated. Cotto was above GGG in all the MW rankings, and best qualified HOFer around. You fail again.
          I like how you act like Froch was still prime then. I know how about a fight with the SMW champion, since he was willing to fight Froch at 168. Oh, wait....

Also, Cotto weighed in under 154 his last two fights, fighting in his 4th weight division. Much smaller fighter. We all know Team GGG's stance on taking on bigger fighters, right?

Yet another fail by the GGG defense force.

Comment

I like how you act like Froch was still prime then. I know how about a fight with the SMW champion, since he was willing to fight Froch at 168. Oh, wait....

Also, Cotto weighed in under 154 his last two fights, fighting in his 4th weight division. Much smaller fighter. We all know Team GGG's stance on taking on bigger fighters, right?

Yet another fail by the GGG defense force.
            Being p4p and easily #1 SMW is not washed up dumbo. He was better regarded then back in 2011. Cotto, whatever, HOF with the lineal belt in GGG's division. Ugly duck. Why does it bother you so much that the 2 surest HOFers around ducked him so openly?

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
              Impossible to know. He is 33 though so time is running out. I think his fans love his style so much that when he does step up and lose, they'll blame it on the age. Almost a decade already, not one elite fighter in sight on his resume. 10 years, jesus christ. Him becoming P4P top 3 is a tragedy and media/fan pressured activity rather than actually earning it. Imagine if Cotto would have been top 5 P4P when he was steamrolling through top 10 140 and 147 pounders from early 2000s to 2008? Never saw that, I think highest he ever was iirc was #8. Crazy how GGG gets treated to Top 3 P4P status for doing less than Cotto, Cotto beat guys at 140 and 147 and saw #8 P4P spot maximum. Golovkin does in only 1 weight for 3 years (fight top 10 guys), what Cotto did in two weight classes for 5 years, but one guy gets way more praise than the other. Cotto even fit in a future HOF'er there in Mosley.
              I understand your frustration. No way should you go top 3 p4p with that resume. However p4p is in transition, all the proven guys are retired or close. You're also overrating Cottos 140 run. He barely had top 10 wins, and grew out of it before doing much. Some good wins at 147, but not dominant or #1 in division

Comment

Being p4p and easily #1 SMW is not washed up dumbo. He was better regarded then back in 2011. Cotto, whatever, HOF with the lineal belt in GGG's division. Ugly duck. Why does it bother you so much that the 2 surest HOFers around ducked him so openly?
                Oh, so Pacquiao wasn't washed up? Nice of you to admit that. Lol @ Froch being regarded higher after the Ward schooling. Only in the delusional mind of a Manny/GGG fanboy.

Why does it bother you that he ducked Ward so shamelessly?

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
                  Let say he was facing a HOF level fighter and neither has a stylistic advantage.

Would he still put on dominant performances or would it turn into competitive 8-4, 7-5 type of decisions.
                  Depends on what type of HOF level fighter he is fighting, for example, I believe Cotto is too small at MW to put up much of a fight against GGG and would get stopped after a brutal beating. GGG KO6 or maybe a bit later.

In all honesty, outside of that, who is HOF worthy currently at middle or super middle? Ward has moved up to light heavy and although he has the skills for the HOF, I wouldn't label him a HOF fighter because he doesn't have the career or resume of one. I believe GGG can beat and probably stop Groves, Murray and Jack at 168. Abraham may be regarded as a HOF fighter but he is in the twilight of his career and gets beaten on points.

Maybe, just maybe, a returning Carl Froch, a true HOF quality fighter, could give GGG huge problems. The size height and reach advantage, not to mention the power that he had is enough to challenge GGG more than any of his recent foes. Having said that, Froch has been away for a while and I'm not sure he can regain that fitness level he had 18 months ago.

Comment

Oh, so Pacquiao wasn't washed up? Nice of you to admit that. Lol @ Froch being regarded higher after the Ward schooling. Only in the delusional mind of a Manny/GGG fanboy.

Why does it bother you that he ducked Ward so shamelessly?
                    You sound frustrated. Pac is 10x more talented than Froch, and also in his 7th division. Froch never moved up. How the fcuk you come up with that dumb comparison?

Froch wasn't that well regarded in 2011, Ward was the clear favorite. Froch wasn't p4p, and most had even Bute ahead of him.

Comment

You sound frustrated. Pac is 10x more talented than Froch, and also in his 7th division. Froch never moved up. How the fcuk you come up with that dumb comparison?

Froch wasn't that well regarded in 2011, Ward was the clear favorite. Froch wasn't p4p, and most had even Bute ahead of him.
                      Him being #1 and being ranked p4p. Pretty sure I've seen you attempt to discredit that win.

Lol once again @ Froch being more highly regarded in 2014 than 2011. It's not like he had trouble with an unheralded Groves or anything.

No comment on the Ward duck?

Comment

Working...
                      X