No announcement yet.

Espn: Golovkin To Sue Cotto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
    I didn't give the photo link for Canelo; it was only for the 'background' image...
    my bad, i meant to reply mathed, i didnt even click on the pic to be honest...

Comment

• Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
      Loooooool. Shaken to his core? Cotto has been in with the best his era has to offer. The way I remember it, GGG is the one who appears terrified of a challenge. He'd rather go after smaller fighters.
      GGG chasing Cotto is hilarious

They re so far apart in natural size

How his fans dont acknowledge it beyond me.

Comment

• GGG has not hing to sue for . Cotto agreed to pay him and the WBC said no. So no title no money.

GGG should sue the WBC for not making him full champ already

Comment

• Good for GGG.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fetta View Post
            Because in an oral agreement if there are witnesses, which im guessing there are plenty, then it can be viewed as binding. the 2 parties agreed that step aside will be paid ad that has been put into action, however, the 2nd part was to be that GGG would be getting the mando shot at title after this fight and that is no longer happening cause the title is gone. So Cotto team probably just seeing what they need to pay now that the 2nd part of the agreement is no longer in place. They might need to pay it all or half or none but why say "OK we will pay when the "oral/handshake deals" have been beaten in the past.

Now this is all from my personal exp. and you are right we really dont know what is going on backstage but i see this happening.

And in all my "oral/handshake deals" i have done, and i have done quiet a few, i always follow up with an actual contract to avoid these type of situations and thats where i feel team GGG may have dropped the ball

Its not an oral contract. The WBC already acknowledged that the step-aside contract contains a contains a confidentiality clause, therefore they could not comment on it.

So that statement does not detail exactly what its in the contract, but it indicates that a contract actually exists.

Comment

• Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
              lol see what all this has done? And to think it ALL could have been avoided many months ago if Cotto would have just dropped the belt. Canelo vs Cotto would still be happening. Golovkin would be happy. There wouldn't be any need for step aside money. But no, Cotto wanted to squeeze Canelo/Oscar for every last penny by holding on to the belt.
              ^^^ this right here. Cotto tried to be slick, and it blew up in his face.

Comment

• Originally posted by JaguaresMx View Post
                GGG chasing Cotto is hilarious

They re so far apart in natural size

How his fans dont acknowledge it beyond me.
                But Cotto isn't too small for Canelo, right?
                Idiot

Comment

• the posters in this forums are idiots and don't even know how to read or heard, Cotto has been saying that he's willing to pay GGG but not the sanctioning fees, fools always in GGG nuts but they don't support the guy, 125k PPV LMAO

Comment

• Originally posted by PrBoxing88 View Post
                    the posters in this forums are idiots and don't even know how to read or heard, Cotto has been saying that he's willing to pay GGG but not the sanctioning fees, fools always in GGG nuts but they don't support the guy, 125k PPV LMAO
                    Why does Cotto all of a sudden have issues with sanctioning fees when he has to fight GGG next?
                    No problem paying them for Martinez and Geale fights.
                    No where else to go if he wins Saturday so all of a sudden the WBC are evil crooks lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by PrBoxing88 View Post
                      the posters in this forums are idiots and don't even know how to read or heard, Cotto has been saying that he's willing to pay GGG but not the sanctioning fees, fools always in GGG nuts but they don't support the guy, 125k PPV LMAO
                      cotto will likely clear 20 million plus, but all this drama is over a lousy 175 grand? (he agreed to pay the 800k, and 125k sanction, so the difference in question is only 175k)

Im guessing if Canelo is successful in moving the split back to 50-50, thats gonna be a lot more than 175 grand.

lol cotto is a complete dunce. He really should let his lawyers and advisors do the talking and keep his trap shut

Comment

Working...
                      X