Espn: Golovkin To Sue Cotto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
    They're so damn dense

Who in their right man slams Miguel Cotto's resume while defending GGG's?

Oscar ain't the only one back on that bing
    Delvin Rodriguez, weight drained Geale and Martinez who could barely walk.

Cotto's recent resume is nothing to brag about and tomorrow you guys are going to see why handicapping opponents doesn't prepare you for battle against legitimate threats.

As for GGG, you might as well face the fact that he's going to basically destroy whoever is in front of him. The guy isn't some massive guy draining down to make 160, he's a 160 pound guy, not 168, not 175. Let Quillin or Lee get in the ring with him and they both get sparked out too.

Comment

• Originally posted by mathed View Post
      Delvin Rodriguez, weight drained Geale and Martinez who could barely walk.

Cotto's recent resume is nothing to brag about and tomorrow you guys are going to see why handicapping opponents doesn't prepare you for battle against legitimate threats.

As for GGG, you might as well face the fact that he's going to basically destroy whoever is in front of him. The guy isn't some massive guy draining down to make 160, he's a 160 pound guy, not 168, not 175. Let Quillin or Lee get in the ring with him and they both get sparked out too.
      Cotto's resume ****s on Golovkin's. You can bring up "recent resume" or whatever but he'll be fighting Canelo tomorrow so I guess that one gets shoved back in the dookie shoot too. Past & present it's not a contest. Move on.

Comment

Cotto's resume ****s on Golovkin's. You can bring up "recent resume" or whatever but he'll be fighting Canelo tomorrow so I guess that one gets shoved back in the dookie shoot too. Past & present it's not a contest. Move on.
        He's got all those names on his great resume.
        Payed the sanctioning fees for all those title fights no problem
        When it's time for him to fight Golovkin next if he wins Saturday, all of a sudden the fees are an issue and he doesn't want to be "MW champ" anymore lol

Cotto wants no part of GGG

Comment

• Originally posted by i'm a fun haver View Post
          He's got all those names on his great resume.
          Payed the sanctioning fees for all those title fights no problem
          When it's time for him to fight Golovkin next if he wins Saturday, all of a sudden the fees are an issue and he doesn't want to be "MW champ" anymore lol

Cotto wants no part of GGG
          Ok cool. Maybe he feels GGG is too big and too good.

Comment

yep, the great Kelson Pinto, Yuri Foreman, Delvin Rodriguez, the stuff of pure LEGENDS I tell you.

In all seriousness, whats Cotto's marquee win? Judah coming off 3 losses?? Old Mosley??? 1-legged Sergio??

Comment

• Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
              yep, the great Kelson Pinto, Yuri Foreman, Delvin Rodriguez, the stuff of pure LEGENDS I tell you.

In all seriousness, whats Cotto's marquee win? Judah coming off 3 losses?? Old Mosley??? 1-legged Sergio??
              Yup. All better than GGG's.

Comment

Ok cool. Maybe he feels GGG is too big and too good.
                Cotto can duck and you can keep on about Golovkin's resume without ever connecting those dots.

Comment

• Originally posted by OnePunch View Post

Where exactly are these quality wins GGG has? Care to name his top 5, so we can get a good laugh?

Comment

• Originally posted by i'm a fun haver View Post
                    Cotto can duck and you can keep on about Golovkin's resume without ever connecting those dots.
                    Boy that shut you up didn't.

Cotto is a four-division champ and future HOF'er.

GGG isn't anywhere near there yet is only a year younger. Such is life.

Comment

• GGGroupies trying to defend the lack there of resume of lil'g

I've written before a quick explanation of his wins/losses... ill post it again:

lets look at Cotto's losses:

Plasterito- enough said. His trainer admitted to using inserts like the ones they found on previous fights. Both got suspended and their licenses revoked

Pac- Possible PEDs.. who knows. Cotto also didn't have anybody in the corner and that Cotto hasn't made 145 since he first came up to welterweight (oh he made 146 before... keep thinking that one lb south doesnt make a difference, but either way cotto accepted the fight)

floyd- floyd still says it was his toughest fight. I gave cotto 4 rounds in that one fight. I personally didn't like that the ref let floyd hold Cotto's arm for more than 10 seconds at one point in the fight. Other than that there's really no shame in losing to floyd.

Trout- Trout did his thing. IMO, Cotto probably thought he was "easy work" as some people would say it, mix that with cotto trying to outbox an obvious larger and more rangier fighter spelled disaster for that particular fight.

Now lets look at some of his wins:

justin jukko- TKO'd jukko who was 36-6 and cotto only had 9 pro fights.

Cezar Bazan- TKO'd bazan who had a record of 39-5 & cotto only had 13 pro fights

Victoriano Sosa- TKO'd sosa who had a record of 37-3 & cotto only had 18 pro fights (also came 3 fights after floyd outpointed sosa)

Lovemore Ndou- Decisioned Ndou who had a record of 38-6 & cotto had a record of 19 pro fights

Ricardo Torres- undefeated power puncher. (great fight btw)

Gianluca branco- Cotto 1st and only fighter to stop branco who had a record of 36-1 & cotto had a record of 25-0

Paul Malignaggi- we know who he is... no power but can outbox fighters

Carlos Quintana- TKO Quintana (who later beat paul williams 2 fights later)

Zab Judah- Crushed judah (it was judah's 2nd fight after he fought floyd)

Shane Mosley- Beat mosley (brush will deny this lol)

Joshua Clottey- beat clottey (I had the fight 114-113 for cotto, brush will deny and give the 1st round 10-8 to clottey even tho cotto got the knockdown)

Margarito 2- No plasters, punches didn't have the same effect. **** plasterito and his supporters.

Martinez- His knee doe, 50% martinez too much doe. Excuses, martinez never faced a fighter like Cotto and got thrashed.

Comment

Working...
                      X