Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Holly Holm Shocks The World, KO's Ronda Rousey

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I told ya before in the lounge in 1 thread rousey is all hype & she was matched vs weak opposition

Comment

• LMAO.

Anyone who thinks she has any chance against a male professional boxer seriously needs to shut up. You had no idea what you were talking about.

I ****ing love you, Holly Holm.

Comment

• Awesome fuking Day!

Comment

• Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
          I told ya before in the lounge in 1 thread rousey is all hype & she was matched vs weak opposition

So awesome! Beautiful movement by Holm. I'm just pissed I forgot to bet on her.

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
            I could be completely wrong, don't know much about MMA..... but Rousey's game is on the ground right? It just seemed to be that Holm fought her fight, and Rousey couldn't get her game going.

Holm's footwork and timing looked to be right on point. She established the distance well and got Ronda walking onto some nice stuff.

I know where Holm got her footwork/timing and also where she got a lot of her punching technique.
            Pretty much yeah. She's a judoka, a judo black belt and won a bronze medal in judo in the Olympics.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post

Any professional male literally would have popped her in the face before she even swung and knocked her out.

Comment

• Originally posted by imperial1 View Post
                No one in mma will retire undefeated they can't cherry pick like Floyd or take a 2 yr hiatus like he did ..
                Well not anymore they can't, not if they have a long enough career. A guy named Phillip Miller left at 15-0 after a career ending injury and Rickson Gracie retired at 11-0, but both were short careers and if you look at Rickson's MMA record, most of his opponents were not too experienced in MMA and had losing records, plus it was in the early days of the sport, when fighters were less well rounded.

Kind of funny how for years people thought boxing technique wasn't effective enough to use in MMA, with all the footwork, but in recent years, more fighters have started using it more in their actual fights, since throwing kicks can lead to sweeps and more single leg takedowns or put a fighter off balance at times, so even before this fight, boxing had been given more merit as an effective technique in MMA as well. Guys like GSP and the Diaz brothers used it plenty in their fights. This was probably because of the early MMA fights where boxers looked lost once they were taken down, like a turtle on its back. Then, when Maurice Smith beat Mark Coleman, Coleman decided to train kickboxing with smith and Smith learned wrestling from Coleman so fighters were no longer bound to just one style. At first, grapplers dominated strikers, then strikers learned how to avoid takedowns and keep fights standing and the sprawl and brawl style was born, which put fighters who were primarily strikers on an even plane. This is another point for the effectiveness of boxing as a martial art. I just wish Jessica Racokzy were as succcessful but, like Holm, got into MMA after retiring from boxing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vadrigar. View Post
                  This gif sums up why the dirty ***** lost

Lmao.......

Comment

• Originally posted by FightingWords View Post
                    I don't know about all that. FYI, I don't watch MMA. My point was always that there was no way in hell she could beat Mayweather. That was proven today.............
                    Oh hell yeah, that was stupid. Even people I know in person were saying she should start fighting men and I would say to them are you ****ing kidding me? Not only would she get hurt, but it's a lose-lose for the guy. Hell, they don't even let women compete with men in chess.

Comment

• Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
                      yeah because a boxer would have landed that headkick.
                      I like your posting Tua but your sarcasm fails in this context. ONLY a Boxer could judge the distance like Holly did. 28 of 39 significant head strikes from Holly.

Listen to what Ronda says also:

https://mobile.twitter.com/marcelodecasas/status/665808485611892736/video/1

Comment

Working...
                      X