Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Erislandy Lara May Jump To Middleweight After Next Bout

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just read where someone tried to lump Cotto in as a B level fighter?? the man has only lost 4 fights! 1 - against a proven cheater 2 - Manny (the man didn't even have a corner for that fight 3 - Mayweather (speaks for itself) 4 - Trout, jumped back in the ring too soon, did not let his body fully heal from the Mayweather fight! Cotto has the 3rd best resume amongst active fighters (Bhop & Manny P) the man has fought everyone! 44 wins with 33 KO's - show some respect!

Comment

• Originally posted by Progrssive_Jedi View Post
      If Lara can become a decently ranked player at 160, I think a GGG Versus Lara could be a big fight, although GGG will beat him. It will be a matter of how long can Lara survive.

Lara called out everyone, but someone you clowns only believe GGG ducked him, while Floyd chose to fight someone else.

You can't duck guys from another division.

Canelo put himself dead in the path of GGG, that's what makes it a duck if he chooses not to fight.

Agreed, if Lara can hang, then it can be built. No excuses from haters saying Lara was too small.

His problem may be if he engages enough to be the MW fighters, he may not take the power.

Maybe Cotto will stop ducking his mandatory and actually fig at 160. If you wanted GGG against a name, tell you boy to stop being a coward.

After De La Hoya's Floyd rant, and Canelo insistence he isn't scared, if he vacates that belt to fight another MW, he'll look pretty dang pathetic.

With the WBC same day weigh in in affect, Canelo isn't gonna be able to put on a lot of muscle for a GGG fight.

If Canelo doesn't fight GGG next, he'll never fight him, because I don't see GGG taking yet another step aside.

If Lara was at 160! Lara isn't that good, GGG will hurt him, and quickly.

Actually all those are valid reasons. What has Lara ever done that gives him the right to jump from big fight to big fight?

The man called out Canelo, and lost! WTF!

Cotto has had a lineal title and WBC strap that GGG should have long ago had a shot at, and dude played *****.

Now Canelo willingly put himself in the line of fire.

If Lara can get some decent 160 wins, and the fight looks to be big, absolutely K2 takes it.

Lara couldn't even beat Canelo, what are his chances against GGG?
      I don't read your **** ******, stop quoting me.

Comment

• Originally posted by parrish duke View Post
        just read where someone tried to lump Cotto in as a B level fighter?? the man has only lost 4 fights! 1 - against a proven cheater 2 - Manny (the man didn't even have a corner for that fight 3 - Mayweather (speaks for itself) 4 - Trout, jumped back in the ring too soon, did not let his body fully heal from the Mayweather fight! Cotto has the 3rd best resume amongst active fighters (Bhop & Manny P) the man has fought everyone! 44 wins with 33 KO's - show some respect!
        I said Cotto is a B level middleweight, there's a difference.

At 154 he's a B+ fighter... he did lose to the fish after all.

At 147 he's still a B+ fighter. He lost to margarito because he didn't know how to clinch. Something he rectified at 154. In any case he is a B+ plus fighter because he doesn't beat the true A fighters the division had in the past: De la Hoya, younger Mosley, Trinidad, Leonard, Duran, Robinson, Hearns, Mayweather, Pacquiao. Hell he even loses to some B+ guys like Whitaker that fought De la Hoya, and Margarito who beat him.

At 140 ,before he started having problems making, he was an A fighter. He had power, and threw triple left hooks, he had speed, and timing. All he needed was a bit of experience.

Comment

• Originally posted by Starsam69 View Post
          You know that GGG was heavily fettered in that fight, right? He didn't get to rehydrate because he had Visa issues getting into Panama, which is why you saw him with a beard because he didn't even have time to shave. He was jet lagged, sleep deprived, and dehydrated. You could see how yellow his face looked and the fact that in between rounds, Abel had to stretch out GGG's arms and slap him to get him to stay awake. Kovalev commented on this fight in a SecondsOut interview with Radio Rahim where he said, "The only time I have ever seen Gennady tired was in Panama vs. Ouma. Even then, he overcame a lot of adversity getting to the fight and he was drained, but he still got the knockout. It was incredible."
          You'll likely never get a response to this because it burns one of the great rattling sticks from all the critics. The truth is that even though GGG was wasted before the fight, he still sent Ouma to the hospital. If that's someone's idea of an opponent having success, well...

Comment

• Lara schools EVERYBODY in Haymon's 160 stable!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
              Unable to secure the big names at junior middleweight, WBA champion Erislandy Lara could be moving up to the middleweight sooner than anyone had expected, according to his manager Luis DeCubas Jr.

On November 25, Lara will defend his title against big under Jan Zaveck, who held the IBF world title in the welterweight division. The fight headlines a Premier Boxing Champions [PBC] on ESPN from the Hialeah Park Race Track in Florida.
              [Click Here To Read More]

One week after Lara announces his move to 160, Gutless Gennady Golovkin will announce his move to 168.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                Do you feel that this is similar to Team GGG saying they would fight anyone from 14 to 168 and then backtracking to only Floyd at 154, and only Chavez Jr and Froch at 168, and Ward only at 164? Only that Lara is doing the opposite, they are backtrackig from staying at 154 and now moving up?
                Nah, Jubei doesn't think that, he thinks that Golovkin is cute.

Comment

• Originally posted by BOXEO _ View Post
                  Lara schools EVERYBODY in Haymon's 160 stable!!!
                  And Golovkin will likely still not fight him.

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                    Nah, Jubei doesn't think that, he thinks that Golovkin is cute.
                    You can see some of them describing his looks and his smile, "jokingly", but I would not be surprised if these were either bi***ual or *******ual men. And there would be nothing wrong with that. It gets talked about pretty frequently too, like they like to talk about a fighters looks, **** size and personality very frequently. There is some truth behind every joke. Sigmund Freud believed that ***ual jokes were true, and one reason for ***ual jokes were to expose unconcious desires, such as ***ual thoughts. Like when you tell a girl in 7th grade, "i'd like you to suck my ****, na i'm jk lol". In the case of these Golovkin fans that say suspect comments about GGG and how hot he is, their "jokes" are the ***ual desires they have, that is their unconcious desires. They are being exposed. Then they say things like "well i'm just a man who can admit this and that" Na, you got some Yusak Mack in you bro.

Comment

• Little G is then going to move up to Super Middleweight...

Comment

Working...
                      X