Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather Claims Conspiracy To Create a White Star

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What elite fighter has Golovkin beat? ... Abraham lost to Stieglitz and might lose to Murray, Froch had controversial wins over Dirrell and Groves, Ward had an ugly win over Kessler.

Inadvertently, the question was answered: Jack Shit.

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
      And so Ward can't move up to face Kovalev just as some people want GGG to move up? What exactly is the difference if I may ask? It's literally the exact same thing.

Except that GGG has bigger fish to fry at MW like Cotto and Canelo.
      I love this excuse. Stop acting like ggg and his team didnt want the froch fight in between.... oh thats right cotto/canelo.... oh wait thats if someone mentions ward.

Comment

• I'm a Floyd fan from the headgear days, but I call bull****. Cuz if I'm HBO I do the same thing & I'm not trying to run no conspiracy.

The reality of HBO's landscape is their middleweight roster is loaded. They got GGG, Cotto & Canelo. I suspect they will try to the best of their ability to get a round robin between all those guys over the next year. Cotto vs Canelo is going down in weeks, the winner is supposed to fight GGG & I won't be surprised if GGG wins or loses vs that winner that he'll face the loser of the fight in a couple weeks later in 2016. Theres too much potentially happening at 160 right now to move up GGG.

On the other hand, Ward is holding his **** @ 168. There is nothing happening that anyone cares about @ 168. Maybe there could be a unification vs DeGale or something but thats the best possible fight to make (outside of moving GGG up of course & then what after GGG?, GGG II I guess).

And Kovalev is holding his **** @ 175. They are trying to sell a Pascal rematch now that nearly everyone is ****ting on. And then what? They is only the fights with Stevenson & Beterbiev that hold any interest with most fans & with the HBO/Duva vs PBC/GYM divide those fights seem unlikely.

It makes all the sense in the world for GGG vs Canelo vs Cotto to go down over the next 12 months & for Ward to move up & fight Kovalev in the meantime.

Comment

• Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post
          If Murray beats Abraham that will further make Ward's best wins look a bit weaker (AA lost to Stieglitz that does make it look like a not so impressive win) Then we can mentioned the fact Groves was beating Froch in that first fight before a robbery stoppage kind of tells a story about perhaps overrated best wins also Dirrell clearly was robbed against Froch.
          Kessler was a good win but he ruined what would be a good win by constant fouling, I don't think Ward's resume is all that it is cracked out to be the manner you beat someone should matter not unless sporting integrity doesn't matter to you?
          You better hope Murray doesn't get stretched

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
            No need for ifs. It was a simple question.
            ... you'll easily find the answer by Googling "fighters who ducked Golovkin" or "Golovkin most avoided", for instance...

Comment

• Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
              ... you'll easily find the answer by Googling "fighters who ducked Golovkin" or "Golovkin most avoided", for instance...
              No I won't. I wasn't referring to imaginary fights. Boy, it's really a damning question, huh? Don't even have the balls to give a straight answer

Comment

• Before Kovalev, Pacman was the great white hope trying to keep the black man down.

Comment

• Reported everyone in this thread for race baiting.

Comment

• Ward doesn't have to go anywhere

Funny how Ward fans were so proud he moved up, but now Ward and his fans are whining. Ward is so butt hurt over GGG fame and he is what, faking injuries.

The guy was about to fight straight bums.

Nothing Floyd, or Ward can do to stop it.

But hey, if Ward wants to levy another lawsuit, good for him.

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                    Surprisingly lucid and honest statement by Floyd. I rarely agree with much of what he says but when he cuts the BS, he's really down to earth.
                    But I thought Ward was the man, he moved up to fight Kovalev. But now he is being forced too.

So, it's racist to ask Ward to move up. But to ask GGG to move up is cool.

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                    He has a point.

Whether it's a race thing or not. They definitely know who they want their next star to be and keeping him as far away from perceived threats like Ward is their main priority.
                    Like Ward, who else is this threat, a heavy weight this time.

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                    Ever since Ward's name wash brought up in relation to fighting Golovkin, there's been a huge drive to get Ward to move up to keep away from him.

Ward has proven himself already. Golovkin hasn't and real fans want to see him in a real fight but the powers that be won't let it happen because they need to protect their potential cash cow.
                    There has been nothing of the sort. Ward long ago said he wanted to beat Heavy Weights.

Jesus, Ward fans are as pathetic sounding as him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                      So what if he was? Kovalev is already signed to fight Pascal and there's an agreement in place to fight Ward later in the year.

A similar deal could have quite easily been agreed upon with Golovkin but the powers that be wanted to push Ward up to 175 so Golovkin would never have to fight him. It's just blatantly obvious.

And lets not act like Team Golovkin have ever been receptive to the Ward fight, they've been making excuses why it shouldn't happen for years.

Why does it have to be either or? We could have had GGG vs. Canelo, then GGG vs. Ward then Ward vs. Kovalev.

You'd think most real boxing fans would salivate at the thought of that but we know why some don't.
                      Yes that's why the fight isn't signed I assume. Unlike what was proposed to GGG in the middle of preparations for another fight.

We sure could. But as I just said, GGG vs Cotto/Canelo is right for NOW. Ward vs Kovalev is right for NOW.

GGG vs Ward is also right for NOW but if they fight either GGG vs Canelo/Cotto or Ward vs Kovalev will be out the window.

So it makes a lot more sense if they do those fights first, which should be better financially for all parties involved anyway. If GGG comes out on top, and Ward does the same.

Of course, GGG vs Ward should happen at 168.

Now, are people scared that if Ward fights Kovalev he'll never get his hands on "little G"? I think so.

This is the same Ward who said he could fight one of the Klitschko brothers. Now, I don't see people reciting that every day here like people do with GGGs 154-168 business.

Comment

Working...
                      X