Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Adrien Broner Promoted To WBA 'Super Champion' Status

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the WBA even has another level for its champions. its called the atmosphere status

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      This really stinks BTW and doesn't make Broner's belt anymore valid than any other elevated champion.

Can't we just have titles won and lost in the ring, not in the boardroom FFS.

This is how GGG got his title-elevation. Does this mean its ok if Stax and Brush have Broner as #3 p4p LOL?
      It's not how GGG got his title-elevation. He didn't beat a vacant guy and immediately turn into Super champ. Golovkin was an Interim champion, mandatory to Felix Sturm who continued to duck him and eventually paid the WBA to elevate himself to super WBA champion and duck Golovkin some more, during that time the WBA lifted Golovkin to regular champion after a couple title defenses or whatever and since Sturm was being a hoe. A couple years later, Golovkin was lifted to super WBA champion when the then super WBA champion Daniel Geale refused to fight his mandatory in Golovkin and was stripped his title.
      Last edited by ИATAS; 11-06-2015, 01:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
        It pays to have a powerful manager.

The WBA is by far the worst though. Would be nice to see them go away forever.
        No, not in this case. Haymon's organization doesn't even recognize these alphabet belts. I can't remember them being mentioned on PBC recently, not once, even if his top fighters hold those belts.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
          No, not in this case. Haymon's organization doesn't even recognize these alphabet belts. I can't remember them being mentioned on PBC recently, not once, even if his top fighters hold those belts.
          Yeah they do. The first couple shows they weren't mentioning the belts but they do all the time since. They most certainly care about belts since we see Haymon manage his guys into title fights all the time (the type of fights that would not be made if not for the belt, vacant title shot or title elimination).

Comment

Originally posted by giacomino View Post
            Yet another reason why posters on this site should stop calling everybody with an alphabet belt a "champion." They are belt-holders. And since Broner was "promoted" to "super champion," I just decided to promote myself to King of the MF World!
            You don't have the GOTDAMN authority lol
            Last edited by MC Hammer; 11-06-2015, 01:10 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
              It's not how GGG got his title-elevation. He didn't beat a vacant guy and immediately turn into Super champ. Golovkin was an Interim champion, mandatory to Felix Sturm who continued to duck him and eventually paid the WBA to elevate himself to super WBA champion and duck Golovkin some more, during that time the WBA lifted Golovkin to regular champion after a couple title defenses or whatever and since Sturm was being a hoe. A couple years later, Golovkin was lifted to super WBA champion when the then super WBA champion Daniel Geale refused to fight his mandatory in Golovkin and was stripped his title.
              Whether its lifted or elevated, neither won their titles in the ring. I am not saying the circumstances are exactly the same but the WBA's decision in both cases is equally rancid IMO.

I would hope you hate titles not being won in the ring as well.

Comment

This is how GGG got his title-elevation. Does this mean its ok if Stax and Brush have Broner as #3 p4p LOL?
                If Broner was undefeated, was on a 21ko streak, had several defenses of his title, was unified, and was rampaging through his division....... Sure.

Comment

"Promoted?" What is he, a boxer or a damn mailroom clerk?

Comment

Whether its lifted or elevated, neither won their titles in the ring. I am not saying the circumstances are exactly the same but the WBA's decision in both cases is equally rancid IMO.

I would hope you hate titles not being won in the ring as well.
                    Equally rancid? lol

Sturm and Geale literally ducked Golovkin. It's the only real way there is to combat ducking is by stripping them of their titles (although they never stripped Sturm since he paid them off hundreds of thousands of dollars). Obviously you want to win it in the ring but when guys don't fight their mandatories what are you supposed to do?

The real problem here is having "regular" and "super" champions in the first damn place. This needs to end, its one of the most embarrassing things about boxing right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
                      And this is why BELTS are GARBAGE!!! GGG is going to go broke trying to keeps all of his.
                      Which is why there's no need to try and unify all belts. In his case he's prioritising "unification" fights against C level competition. And if he chooses to try and defend them all. He'll be fighting mandatories against unknown bum after unknown bum. Very similar to Roy Jones' reign at light heavyweight.

Comment

Working...
                      X