No announcement yet.

Ward beating up and dropped by Uzbek boxer in 2004 Olympics

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
    What does Golovkin have to do with my post or the video? Stick to the video in question.
    You're making it sound like Ward getting beat up by an older, more experienced fighter is something special. It happened all the time. Ward got his ass kicked, initiated a ton of clinches and as always, didn't get punished for it. And he somehow 'won' the fight.

Comment

this thread just.....

Comment

clearly got hit BEHIND the head and the momentum from that shot while he swung was what carried him down this is NOT a LEGITIMATE knockdown

Comment

And people say he'll handle Kovalev

Comment

Originally posted by BlackSoul View Post
            clearly got hit BEHIND the head and the momentum from that shot while he swung was what carried him down this is NOT a LEGITIMATE knockdown
            True, Ward lunges forward alot with his head down, if you turn him he goes reeling, I've seen it a couple of times. The other two could be counted as KD's though.

Comment

He looked like he tripped over his foot, but it also looked like he took a good shot on the temple. I think the KD was legit.

Khaydarov was a good boxer and he was 30 year old physically matured man, whereas Ward was a 20 year old and that does play a difference.

Comment

Notice how the biased judges with the clicker were ignoring every punch the Uzbek landed?
                I actually never watched the Olympics in 2004 but I'm glad I view some of that stuff, that was a straight up robbery right there the Uzbek exposed Ward, knocked him down several times and beat him up it was a joy to watch but ruined by a blatant fix job in favour of Ward.

Comment

Boone made Ward his ***** doe.

Comment

What an ugly fight. How can you call either guy a winner. Whats that say about American boxing when that type of performance was the pinnacle of the US boxing that year.

Ward was holding quite a bit and that first knock down was not legit.

Plus watching that fight lets you know why Amatuer Olympic sucks to watch nowadays.

As much as I love Ward he was very unpolished and looked terrible there.

Comment

^^ he looked terrible? he wasnt that bad, he was green.

i rate all olympians, hard task to get there. ward looked good beating the grown ass 30 year old in his physical prime

Comment

Working...
                      X