Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hyde: Rigo Destroyed Own Career..."Turned Down Many Multi-Million Dollar Offers"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PBP. View Post
    Depends man. Imagine this scenario. Top Rank is generating an abnormal profit on Garcia fights in comparison to other fighters in his stable. Yet he's making the same purse. Can the extra profit be considered compensation for his services? Who knows?

There's trillions of scenarios.
    What was the original point of this argument? That promoters take a standard cut from a fighter's guarantee. (We were talking about Rigo's guarantees with the various promoters) Even if you want to get philosophical about it, what we learned today is that Mikey Garcia situation does not show there's a standard cut that a promoter gets specifically from a fighter's guarantee (or purse, which I think they're kind of synonymous in Rigo's case).
    Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 11-02-2015, 08:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
      What was the original point of this argument? That promoters take a standard cut from a fighter's guarantee. (We were talking about Rigo's guarantees with the various promoters) Even if you want to get philosophical about it, what we learned today is that Mikey Garcia situation does not show there's a standard cut that a promoter gets specifically from a fighter's guarantee.
      My point is that promoters are taking something whether it's the 20% that Caribe gets from Rigo or the 10% that Top Rank allegedly takes from Mikey.

Of course it's not standardized because it's illegal.
      Last edited by -PBP-; 11-02-2015, 08:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by i'm a fun haver View Post
        Why didn't Rigo just fight another Jap in Japan?
        Would've at least been staying active
        Because they think they're too good to have to travel to Japan

Comment

Hyde appears to be pointing the finger mostly at Caribe. They seem to be a bunch of leeches and hanger ons who don't do anything for Rigo.

Comment

What was the original point of this argument? That promoters take a standard cut from a fighter's guarantee. (We were talking about Rigo's guarantees with the various promoters) Even if you want to get philosophical about it, what we learned today is that Mikey Garcia situation does not show there's a standard cut that a promoter gets specifically from a fighter's guarantee (or purse, which I think they're kind of synonymous in Rigo's case).
            Cmon Doc, you've been around here long enough to know that the "original point" never matters, because once the "original point" has been debunked, it either gets shifted to something else, or the poster abandons the thread lol

Comment

My point is that promoters are taking something whether it's the 20% that Caribe gets from Rigo or the 10% that Top Rank allegedly takes from Mikey.

Of course it's not standardized because it's illegal.

A promoter guarantees a specific purse. That promoter makes money from what's left over after the purse has been paid. They don't take money from that purse. That purse is only for the fighter and however the fighter choose to pay his other people.

You're saying that Top Rank is making so much money, that somehow philosophically that profit should be part of Mikey's gross purse. That's completely irrelevant even if that's true. We were only talking about the purse the promoter guarantees the fighter because the subject was how Rigo divides his 600k purse.

This whole thing started with people saying that Frank Warren or Roc Nation would take 20% from that 600k guarantee per fight Rigo would get from a 3 fight deal. OnePunch comes in and says something along the lines of "No, that's not how it works. They do not get a standard cut from that guarantee. They get money elsewhere"

Then you come along and say "No, that's wrong! Look at Mikey's contract!"

So how was OnePunch wrong and how does Mikey's situation show that OnePunch was wrong?
              Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 11-02-2015, 08:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LeonSpinxMwfpce View Post
                It explains the same as before. Rigo wanted more than he was worth, for fighting nobodies. Dudes a fraud.
                The dude wanted the Haymon treatment. His hanger on's were prolly in his ear telling him only if he were with Haymon he would get big money fighting bums. And that made Rigo mad that arum or Carib wanted him to fight quality guys and he wasn't happy with the money. But dude needs to open his eyes and see that people are not clammering or begging to see him fight. He really isn't worth all that much. He's a million dollar fighter with a thousand dollar fan base. You are only worth what your fan base will pay and his fan base isn't paying that much.

He's just butt hurt he's not with Haymon fighting the bum of the month club for huge money so he's pouting and not fighting fighting. F' it he getting old anyways and there are other guys more exciting to watch.

Comment

A promoter guarantees a specific purse. The promoter makes money from what's left over after the purse has been paid. They don't take money from that purse. That purse is only for the fighter and however the fighter choose to pay his other people.

You're saying that Top Rank is making so much money, that somehow philosophically that profit should be part of Mikey's gross purse. That's completely irrelevant even if that's true. We were only talking about the purse the promoter guarantees the fighter because the subject was how Rigo divides his 600k purse.

This whole thing started with people saying that Frank Warren or Roc Nation would take 20% from that 600k guarantee per fight Rigo would get from a 3 fight deal. OnePunch comes in and says something along the lines of "No, that's not how it works. They do not get a cut from that guarantee. They get money elsewhere"

Then you come along and say "No, that's wrong! Look at Mikey's contract!"

So how was OnePunch wrong?

I'm referring to what was alleged in the complaint. I read it months ago and didn't remember the exact wording but remembered that one of the major issues being alleged was the 10% of his gross purse. After rereading it they state that there were certain fees taken out of his purse that were not disclosed.

You speculating about his lawyers being idiots is no different than me speculating that the promoter is being paid something. A mam with a law degree doesn't know the difference between gross purse and total revenues generated?

Fact is, nobody knows what they meant by putting that wording in there but it clearly says gross purse and not total revenues generated. I see Haymon being paid 15% and Caribe being paid 20% so iii wouldn't surprise me if other promoters are getting paid in some manner.

If Rigo is paying 20 percent to Caribe as Hyde alleges and another certain percentage to a co-promoter if such allegations are proven to be true, he's not bringing home close to $600,000 per fight.
                  Last edited by -PBP-; 11-02-2015, 09:07 PM.

Comment

Fact is, nobody knows what they meant by putting that wording in there but it clearly says gross purse and not total revenues generated. I see Haymon being paid 15% and Caribe being paid 20% so iii wouldn't surprise me if other promoters are getting paid in some manner.
                    I think promoters get paid a percentage of purse if they put him on another promoters card. So Caribe will take a percentage of any Rigo purse since they do not actually promote, but TR would not take a percentage when they put Rigo on the card.

This would be b/c if a promoter is putting on the card, taking a percentage is effectively just paying the guy less. You might as well just pay him less. But if a promoter puts you on another card, he isn't making a penny unless he takes a cut of your purse.

KEYWORDS: I THINK. But I'm usually right

Comment

Rigo can't do no wrong with some of the people here. They blame everyone but the Cuban. I mean forget about his boring style, he can stick with it all he wants. But man, this guy needs to make some adjustments in the business side of his career and make some sacrifices every now and then. He's not effing Tyson or something.

Comment

Working...
                      X