Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Waddell+Reed's PBC investment has lost 59% of it's value.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so they're bleeding money while generating absolutely no buzz from the casual audience? this shyt aint gonna work, not now not ever.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rath View Post
      do you think they will all end up like Floyd?

300 million worth?
      No, but they have all been handsomely paid and all made millions...

Not every basketball player is gonna make Michael Jordan money, but dudes in the NBA still getting paid big

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
        That's a whole different class, those guys don't make 1/10 of Floyds minimum wage. Haymon guys tend to be overpaid, true, but none of them have made over 2m in purse briefcase, z. except maybe Stevenson. Or carried a US PPV
        Still,, all these dudes have made millions, at the very least 3 million in just a few years.. Berto was getting paid a million plus for years fighting bums on hbo..
        The average guy making 50k a year would have work a 100 years to make Berto's career earnings...

Comment

• Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
          No, but they have all been handsomely paid and all made millions...

Not every basketball player is gonna make Michael Jordan money, but dudes in the NBA still getting paid big
          pigeon was talking about how good haymon handles his fighters.

just like i said fighters are making millions now whether they are under haymon or not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
            Still,, all these dudes have made millions, at the very least 3 million in just a few years.. Berto was getting paid a million plus for years fighting bums on hbo..
            The average guy making 50k a year would have work a 100 years to make Berto's career earnings...
            Main difference i, unlike Floyd, none of these guys generate any money.

Comment

• LMFAOOO, can't wait till they go out of bizzzzznesssss
              PPL gonna be like, some companies gotta go bankrupt and go out of business to make some money... gawd, don't you know money?

Comment

• People are waiting on that day to say I told u this will be a failure, smdh.

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                  Main difference i, unlike Floyd, none of these guys generate any money.
                  True,,, and none seem to have a future as a major draw

Comment

• Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
                    5 good matchups out of how many cards they've put on in the past 8 months?

Porter has been calling out Thurman for 2yrs. Why isn't that fight happening? Surely al could make it happen if he wanted to.
                    Thats not fair , you are asking him to do something no one else does .... match making is a BIG issue in boxing and was always big even before PBC dont go that route its really not fair....
                    I think the main issue for the haters here is the quantity vs quality , they had a really good share of good fights but becuase they air so much boxing they put a ton of **** fights as well , they cant work like HBO/Show with once every few weeks/monthes kind of events due to their startegy of doing a weekly (sometime more then 1) broadcast......
                    Competiton is ALWAYS better for the consumer and unless you have something personal against PBC you as a boxing fan shouldnt want it to fail , improve sure , but fail no.

Comment

• The problem with PBC is that boxing just isn't that popular.

You may say putting fighters on regular TV might make the sport grow but it takes a long time to get people who don't follow boxing familiar with the fighters and give them something to be interested in, not to mention the fighters might only appear on PBC once every 6 months.

This is just a different era now, there's not enough really famous names to carry the brand.

Most business investments take a long time to recoup money but i just feel they might be flogging a dead horse with this one.

I mean, i personally don't mind PBC, the more boxing there is, the better for me. I'm just a spectator but i think from a business point of view, it's probably a difficult task.

Comment

Working...
                      X