No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: WBO Prez Explains Hard Decision To Strip Rigondeaux

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
    He hasn't fought in nearly a year, this should happen every time to every fighter who doesn't have a fight scheduled in that time frame. If only there was consistency and that's the problem with the WBO here.
    Yea thats the problem alright.

Why did they decide to do that today ?

I wonder if it had something to do with what shoulder roll was referring to?

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
    Hey Paco Valcarcel, why no mention of the fact that this move will now allow a Top Rank fighter to get a shot at that WBO belt? Your organization and Bob Arum seem to be pretty tight lately, wouldn't you say?

Boxing fans aren't ******. We're watching you.
    Its like the WBC with Golovkin, they took it upon themselves to issue a number of consecutive press releases confirming a lot of factors that relate to that situation...... immediate defence, no cw, the winner will be stripped, etc..... they really did make a public display of removing all roadblocks for Golovkin.

I wonder if the WBO are paving the way for a TR fighter like the WBC are for GGG?

As fans, we really shouldn't support that kind of thing.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP. View Post
      Fixed for you
      your execution on that ... eh.

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
        Yea thats the problem alright.

Why did they decide to do that today ?

I wonder if it had something to do with what shoulder roll was referring to?

Its like the WBC with Golovkin, they took it upon themselves to issue a number of consecutive press releases confirming a lot of factors that relate to that situation...... immediate defence, no cw, the winner will be stripped, etc..... they really did make a public display of removing all roadblocks for Golovkin.

I wonder if the WBO are paving the way for a TR fighter like the WBC are for GGG?

As fans, we really shouldn't support that kind of thing.
        Why are you so obsessed with Golovkin? You're thinking about him more than his fans. There are literally no ties or comparisons between Rigo and the WBO and GGG and the WBC, literally none. Further, the hell are you talking about the WBC is making it easy by having an immediate defense? Golovkin has been mandatory for a while now, since he beat Rubio and the WBC allowed Cotto to have two fights instead of fighting Golovkin...they've already went further then they should have.

Boxing fans complain when fighters aren't stripped for inactivity and complain when they are stripped for inactivity. Fickle bunch.

Personally, I think extremely highly of Rigondeaux. He is my #2 fighter on the planet. I don't know what the WBO rules states, and I haven't even bothered looking, but if it's for inactivity alone, I can't blame them since it's been nearly a year. I think fighters should be stripped after 6 months of inactivity, unless there is a legit reason (injury, family problem, etc.), but like I said, the problem is consistency which these sanctioning bodies lack and their rules are often cloudy to say the least, or they flat out break their own rules or invent new ones. I have no doubt there are politics behind the WBO/Rigo belt situation, as there often is with the WBA/WBC/WBO. The only one that seems good about mandatories and inactivity is the IBF, but even they are really weird at times.

Comment

Translation = We have a Too Rank / HBO AFFILITED FIGHTER WE'd like to give the belt to.

This sh.its a joke

Comment

If the title is at stake for Donaire and Juarez then I'm sure Arum pushed for the title to become vacant ASAP.

Comment

ABC org's will never be fair as long as they are paid by percentages of the purses. They have every incentive to get the belts into the hands of the fighters that sell the most PPV's. And I bet that president of the WBC also gets paid bonuses based on the WBC's income, so he has a direct incentive to steal the belt from Rigo.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
                Why are you so obsessed with Golovkin? You're thinking about him more than his fans. There are literally no ties or comparisons between Rigo and the WBO and GGG and the WBC, literally none. Further, the hell are you talking about the WBC is making it easy by having an immediate defense? Golovkin has been mandatory for a while now, since he beat Rubio and the WBC allowed Cotto to have two fights instead of fighting Golovkin...they've already went further then they should have.

Boxing fans complain when fighters aren't stripped for inactivity and complain when they are stripped for inactivity. Fickle bunch.

Personally, I think extremely highly of Rigondeaux. He is my #2 fighter on the planet. I don't know what the WBO rules states, and I haven't even bothered looking, but if it's for inactivity alone, I can't blame them since it's been nearly a year. I think fighters should be stripped after 6 months of inactivity, unless there is a legit reason (injury, family problem, etc.), but like I said, the problem is consistency which these sanctioning bodies lack and their rules are often cloudy to say the least, or they flat out break their own rules or invent new ones. I have no doubt there are politics behind the WBO/Rigo belt situation, as there often is with the WBA/WBC/WBO. The only one that seems good about mandatories and inactivity is the IBF, but even they are really weird at times.
                Oh fk I cant read all that.

The point really was obvious.

FACT: the ABC sanctioning bodies are inconsistant and corrupt

FACT: a knowledgable boxing fan should not support them, just because it happens to suit his guy today.

We should all have more integrity and a love for the sport that exceeds love for a fighter.

Not a difficult concept.

Comment

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
                  Translation = We have a Too Rank / HBO AFFILITED FIGHTER WE'd like to give the belt to.

This sh.its a joke
                  Most likely, just like the WBC with Golovkin, the WBA when it suits them, etc.

Genuine boxing fans should NOT support corrupt/inconsistant ABC bodies.

Comment

Originally posted by baya View Post
                    boxing does not want rigo, that much is evident.
                    I have to brutally honest I am not much of a fan either.

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                      Oh fk I cant read all that.

The point really was obvious.

FACT: the ABC sanctioning bodies are inconsistant and corrupt

FACT: a knowledgable boxing fan should not support them, just because it happens to suit his guy today.

We should all have more integrity and a love for the sport that exceeds love for a fighter.

Not a difficult concept.
                      what is the point of talking to you? You write incoherent novels all the time and my two paragraphs are too much for you to read? If you would have actual read my posts, maybe, just maybe you would understand that I don't support the WBO at all, but then again, you're too ****** to understand anything on here. Going to my ignore list, as you've wasted my time more times than I'd like to admit.

Comment

Working...
                      X