Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which was more dissapointing? Floyds 389k ppv buys or GGG's 97k buys.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
    Lol. Just what I expected. Deflection instead of an answer.

I would love for u to tell me how showtime turned a profit for Floyd/Berto when anyone with basic math skills can't easily point out how it didn't.
    Yeah dude but business isn't as straight forward as you make it out to be. There are plenty of factors that come into play. His point isn't moot, Floyd's last fight generated an insane amount of revenue for everyone. Nothing after that was a flop not even his last fight with Berto.Floyd was on a 5 fight contract for a reason and they made it worth it regardless of its last fight which wans't that bad of a number to be honest.

I like GGG, but his numbers were bad and confusing. Considering he's hyped and backed by HBO and the fight promised a KO. This has to be one of the worst numbers HBO's ppv has had in recent years. HBO needs to get back to the drawing board with GGG.

Comment

Someone posted last week that cotto's first Ppv did 60k. Any validity to this?
      That was not a HBO ppv it was a Top Rank closed circuit ppv

Comment

Small FYI, but final PPV buy count for Mayweather/Pacquiao ended up being 4.6 (not 4.4) million...

Comment

Meanwhile the GGG/Lemieux card did 97k at $60. That's $5,820,000. Divide that by 2 and you get 2.9mil. Not sure what the gate was but it was reported as a complete sell out. The combined purse for both fighters were 3.5mil.

At the best they broke even. At the worst they took about a $500k hit. .

Comment

Originally posted by -Johannes- View Post
            Yeah dude but business isn't as straight forward as you make it out to be. There are plenty of factors that come into play. His point isn't moot, Floyd's last fight generated an insane amount of revenue for everyone. Nothing after that was a flop not even his last fight with Berto.Floyd was on a 5 fight contract for a reason and they made it worth it regardless of its last fight which wans't that bad of a number to be honest.

I like GGG, but his numbers were bad and confusing. Considering he's hyped and backed by HBO and the fight promised a KO. This has to be one of the worst numbers HBO's ppv has had in recent years. HBO needs to get back to the drawing board with GGG.
            I'll give u a shot. Explain how showtime didnt lose money on Floyd/Berto. I already broke down how they did.

Comment

Meanwhile the GGG/Lemieux card did 97k at $60. That's $5,820,000. Divide that by 2 and you get 2.9mil. Not sure what the gate was but it was reported as a complete sell out. The combined purse for both fighters were 3.5mil.

nobody cares about all that man...97k is horrible simple and plain

Comment

GGG because many are claiming him to be top 3 P4P and had Gonzalez on the undercard who many are putting on the top of their list. It's obvious that many here are a bunch of followers without any thought of their own.

Comment

I'll give u a shot. Explain how showtime didnt lose money on Floyd/Berto. I already broke down how they did.
                  Because if you do 4.4 million there is no way you can lose money....in 1 year Floyd did almost 5 million ppv ....5 million ppv=you cant lose money

Comment

Originally posted by wardnine View Post
                    Small FYI, but final PPV buy count for Mayweather/Pacquiao ended up being 4.6 (not 4.4) million...
                    you got a source for that?

Comment

At best they broke even sure, but I'm sure sponsors will be hesitant to be part of GGG's next ppv that doesn't involve an established star.

You have to understand they're marketing GGG as boxing next best thing which he very well could be, but for some reason not even a 10th of his usual HBO audience bothered to buy this fight. Maybe it was a bad move to have this fight on ppv against Lemieux but they have to fix this somehow and it will be a while before he headlines another ppv event again.

Comment

Working...
                      X