No announcement yet.

why is PAC still ranked so highly and he is 3-3 in his last 6 fights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why is PAC still ranked so highly and he is 3-3 in his last 6 fights

I still think he is a top 5 welterweight but he hasn't been dominant or impressive the last 5 years over top notch fighters

The mayweather loss wasn't close

Jmm knocked him out and arguably won the 3rd fight, I had JMM by 2 rounds

The Bradley 1 was competitive but pac won that fight IMO

Outside of Bradley PAC hasn't beat a top notch welterweight in a long time

ESPN has him #1 and the ring has him ranked #2....that's a bit too high when he hasn't been consistent

Brook, Thurman, khan and porter should be ranked higher because of their consistency and they actually fight welterweights not making guys move up to face them

IMO he should be around 5-6

What you guys thoughts?

Comment

I agree entirely. I don't have a clue why he clings to the top doing nothing impressive. Brook should be considered the best, with Thurman right behind. But I will say that neither of those 2 has done anything amazing lately themselves. Someone needs to step up at 147 and grab the division by it's throat.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
        I agree entirely. I don't have a clue why he clings to the top doing nothing impressive. Brook should be considered the best, with Thurman right behind. But I will say that neither of those 2 has done anything amazing lately themselves. Someone needs to step up at 147 and grab the division by it's throat.
        Yeah. The division is wide open now Floyd has supposedly retired and Pacquiao on his way out of the sport.

I just hope we see the fights that need to happen to see who's the best. Or at least some good rivalry between a few top guys beating each other.

Comment

Khan goes life and death with Algieri, and he should be ranked higher than Pacquiao?

Comment

I'd say he's around #4 or #5 right now.

Its the same with Andre Ward. He's a great talent but his last significant win took place in 2011 against Froch and has had only 3 fights since then yet some people have him pfp#1.
            Last edited by Deevel916; 10-27-2015, 06:50 AM.

Comment

because ESPN and Ring dont know S hit about boxing and you all can start hating on them? nyahahahhaa

Comment

That's a good point. I don't think Pac being ranked so highly has much to do with what he's done lately, it has more to with what the other guys haven't done lately.

There is no clear standout, just a lot of stagnation at Welterweight. As of right now, old Pacman is still the man to beat since Floyd is retired and no one else has really stepped up. Just a lot of talk.

Thurman vs Porter is a step in the right direction.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
                  That's a good point. I don't think Pac being ranked so highly has much to do with what he's done lately, it has more to with what the other guys haven't done lately.

There is no clear standout, just a lot of stagnation at Welterweight. As of right now, old Pacman is still the man to beat since Floyd is retired and no one else has really stepped up. Just a lot of talk.

Thurman vs Porter is a step in the right direction.
                  I agree

I think all the top guys at WW were wasting time the last 2 years trying to keep winning in case they got the MONEY call and not take a risk

We should have been had a Thurman vs Porter type fight by now....Brook should be fighting Khan or Thurman, Im glad that Rios/Chaves fight didn't pan out

Comment

its about time the top 5-6 guys start fighting ach other at least on a semi-regular basis to clear up who is gonna be the champion there.....get some unification fights in Brooks IBF and Thurmans WBA would be nice

Comment

Working...
                    X