No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin's Promoter Rejects Talk of PPV Doing Poorly

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Progrssive_Jedi View Post
    If PPV was a mark of Boxing greatness, the Floyd Mayweather Jr. Would be hands down the Best Ever, and not by a little, by a lot. He would be twice as good as anyone else.
    damn bruh calm down! No one is saying any of that. Since this thread is about ppvs, here we have a chance to specifically talk about ppv numbers.

I haven't seen one post saying, "Floyd is TBE because he has the most buys"

So please stop moving the goal posts, deflecting or whatever damage control ya trying to do.

All ya GGGroupies (to whom it applies) where all talking about numbers when talking about Ward.
    Last edited by bigjavi973; 10-23-2015, 09:17 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      wtf????????????????
      My bad....it was not meant for you so sorry pal.....I tried to remove it but was to late..it was for schoolthesecats.....your see the post
      Last edited by The plunger man; 10-23-2015, 09:19 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve plunger View Post
        Look ok 150 k is fine by me and it's fine by them...ita not huge by any means but for first ppv against a Canadian fighter not known really....it will get better......I couldn't give a toss what you think I am......I've been reading a lot of your posts since I joined and it's always been pro mayweather, pro broner, pro wilder and it's always been no pacquaio , no golovkin , no kovalev lol.....the scary thing is you don't even know your doing it...but crack on son
        Yes it will eventually grow, but its clear he isn't where a lot of his very worst fans claimed he was. that is really all we are discussing.

now this is an outright lie. I am known as fan of Floyd, Danny Garcia and Leo Santa cruz. No one has been more critical of wilder than I. Broner-when did you see me say anything positive about Broner is the last 2 years?

Yes, I take shots at Manny, GGG and Kov. Those are 3 fighters out of thousands. I am also known for hating SRL as much as I do ODH.

You are generalizing because I am a Floyd fan. Just like you did with the "your wards and broners". That's what should be scary to you-that you based who I liked solely on me being a Floyd fan.
        Last edited by The Big Dunn; 10-23-2015, 09:22 AM.

Comment

I wouldn't call it a flop.....a flop is when you lose money....the event made over 11 million dollars.....golovkin got 2 mil lemeuix got 1.5 so do the math.....wasn't spectacular but the day boxing becomes based on how popular it is on ppv is the day boxing days....how many ppv did Barrera vs morales do...or gatti vs ward ...that's the kind of boxing what I wacth....not some overhyped Kim kardashian look at me I got my melons out fight......if your into ppv go to the oscars and the wait on the red carpet....u mug
          Where did you get that number from? And wouldn't the same be said of a Ward fight if he only sold 78K as opposed to ggg's 97K?

And how are you trying to get all self righteous about the quality of fights when you just said said "imagine how bad Ward would do?" When Ward would definitely give ggg his toughest, but losers such as yourself don't want that. The last foreign hype you guys lived vicariously through got exposed and you don't want that to happen so fast with this one.

Comment

• The thing with PPV is that you have to sell an attractive brand, Golovkin is a hell of a fighter but a very, very, almost extraordinary dull personality. He's like a piece of wood in boxing shorts. He could have done better numbers but you can't try to sell something that doesn't exist yet. If I were Golovkin I'd start banging models indiscriminately or doing coke for show.

Boxing is a show, his team might need to get with the program.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slip Stream View Post
              The thing with PPV is that you have to sell an attractive brand, Golovkin is a hell of a fighter but a very, very, almost extraordinary dull personality. He's like a piece of wood in boxing shorts. He could have done better numbers but you can't try to sell something that doesn't exist yet. If I were Golovkin I'd start banging models indiscriminately or doing coke for show.

Boxing is a show, his team might need to get with the program.
              Lmao. True.

It's hard to have an "interesting" personality when English isn't even your second language. Although recently he's shown a bit of a bad boy side, first talking sht about Monroe "Monroe.. he's nothing", and lately saying that he took Lemieux to school. Those are not 'good boy' moments, those are fighting words.

He may be onto something.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
                damn bruh calm down! No one is saying any of that. Since this thread is about ppvs, here we have a chance to specifically talk about ppv numbers.

I haven't seen one post saying, "Floyd is TBE because he has the most buys"

So please stop moving the goal posts, deflecting or whatever damage control ya trying to do.

All ya GGGroupies (to whom it applies) where all talking about numbers when talking about Ward.
                It's wasn't great numbers but I don't think it was terrible.....still made money......if it comes to the quality of the ppv it was value for money......look at mayweather pacquaio it was a failure boxing wise...but it was a success commercially.....I just don't think of ppv as a big part of the scheme of things.....we never see the riches of ppv extravaganza.....that's all kept to super rich ****ers....hey and this actually brings the ppv prices lower then it's good thing for the likes of me and you.......ok did the fight do low ppv numbers ...yes it did..do I care about that ...no I dont

Comment

• Originally posted by Eastlos View Post
                  Truth be told, Lil G PPV numbers hurt his @ss. Canelo bend over backwards to fight Cotto why does 3G things he won't have to do the same? A side dictates the terms of who they fight is known fact if Lil G thinks he doesn't have to abide by them then forget him. Canelo doesn't need Lii G is the other way around. The Middleweight division doesn't have **** besides Canelo n Cotto for big money PPV and if 3G think he's bigger then call him bluff dude brings nothing to the table his PPV numbers prove that ****, Fuk him and his big drama show
                  Yeah. All that. Let Cotto and Canelo fight each other again or somebody else, just not GGG. He sold just 150K on ppv, therefore he is disqualified... On top of that he hits awfully hard and may beat them up pretty bad. But now they don't have to fight him, because he sold just 150K. Yippee!!!!

Comment

My bad....it was not meant for you so sorry pal.....I tried to remove it but was to late..it was for schoolthesecats.....your see the post
                    Of course it comes back to ward because they tried to prop GGG up to be something he was not and kicking around the A side nonsense, with no notable wins on resume thinking casuals was going to buy into the boogie man aura HBO and ESPN was trying to feed us, now look canelo saying no fight unless it's at 155, cotto we already know if take fight going be cw, they can't throw lee-GGG on ppv now and if lee loses you can forget about him getting that wbo belt Saunders said he avoiding he like the plague, all the belts he has besides ibf he won fighting for vacate heiland and Johnson mando's not going cut it, without that ppv doing 200k+ sells you can say he in a worse position now after all the talk Abel and loeffler did if I was GGG I'll tell them to just shut up nomore interviews nomore answering questions about canelo/cotto and hope one of them agree to fight instead of dropping belt

Comment

• If the ppv numbers are really 150k, it's fine. It's less than what they hoped for but around what they budgeted for.

Remember, the only reason this was on ppv was because hbo didn't have the budget to pay out those type of purses (but still owed golovkin a fight).

Comment

Working...
                      X