No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Rejects Fighting Golovkin, Unless at 155-Pounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SchoolTheseCats View Post
    Go watch sportsnation when lil g was on there his exact words was 50/50 everything weight money
    Where is it, I can't find it.

Comment

• Here is sports nation, he says he want 50/50, nothing about CW

Not a word about CW. Just says I'll fight Ward, I want 50/50. You are interpreting that interview based off of the Dan Rafael conversation.

GGG never mentions a CW.

GGG has never publically asked him for a CW.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JXxX88xRpfg

Comment

"But the contracted limit can't go under 155. At least for WBC"

....where is that WBC rule? I never heard of that rule before and I've had fighters involved with WBC bouts.
        I understand that contracts can be honored by the federations however I know of no "rules" stating a Middleweight must weigh between 154.1 to 160.

Ray

Comment

• Originally posted by JaguaresMx View Post
          Cotto is no 160 lbs (are we really going to pretend that? He's a true small fighter for the class) and Canelo has never fought on that weight. Even if he had, if he wants to do it at 150 for GGG, that's his call.

But you misunderstand the point. Boxing politics are not about principle. They are about power and who commands. GGG doesn't. He wants to. He's no innocent hero either. But to do that, he has to bend regardless of how wrong the principle.

Essentially you are asking GGG to be the one that does no sacrifice (no coming down or up in weight) when in fact he is the worst position to demand anything.

Fair? maybe not. But's that's boxing.
          Are you being serious right now? I can't believe boxing fans actually defend this crap. Do you want boxing to be a sport or no? Because without rules and regulations it is not a sport.

Cotto fought, and beat Sergio Martinez for the lineal crown. He then defended that title against a former title holder in Daniel Geale. Cotto is, without any doubt, THE middleweight champion of the world.

Canelo is a guy who in his last four fights has fought above the 154 pound division, which makes those fights middleweight. He is a guy that weighs 172-174 pounds in the ring. Technically he is a middleweight. This isn't an opinion this is a fact. Further if he beats Cotto he will be THE lineal middleweight champion of the world. Just because Canelo likes to bend the rules and fight in a made up weight class of 155 pounds doesn't mean he's not fighting at middleweight. Anything over 154 is middleweight. That's a fact.
          Last edited by ИATAS; 10-22-2015, 05:06 PM.

Comment

• Here is one that Laf talks about the Catchweight, still not GGG

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zmTw_Mo0Q8w

My point is, GGG isn't demanding a CW.

Although, when a MW fight a SMW or LHW, a CW makes sense.

When two MW fights for a MW title, it doesn't make sense.

GGG and Canelo are the same weight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Progrssive_Jedi View Post
              Not a word about CW. Just says I'll fight Ward, I want 50/50. You are interpreting that interview based off of the Dan Rafael conversation.

GGG never mentions a CW.

GGG has never publically asked him for a CW.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JXxX88xRpfg
              Dude are you death at 5:50 mark he says 50/50 money 50/50 weight take lil g pipe out your ear 50/50 weight means a cw

Comment

• The A side has spoken. It is up to team B side to accept the terms of the star or settle for another PPV nobody buys.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
                  "But the contracted limit can't go under 155. At least for WBC"

....where is that WBC rule? I never heard of that rule before and I've had fighters involved with WBC bouts.
                  I understand that contracts can be honored by the federations however I know of no "rules" stating a Middleweight must weigh between 154.1 to 160.

Ray
                  I'm done researching links, but I read a quote from WBC president and he said they'd only sanction 155 if both agree.

GGG doesn't have to agree to the 155. He'll still get belt, and it can't go lower than 155.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing lives View Post
                    The A side has spoken. It is up to team B side to accept the terms of the star or settle for another PPV nobody buys.
                    Fear is a big motivated.

GGG may just unify the MW division based on Fear alone.

Originally posted by SchoolTheseCats View Post
                    Dude are you death at 5:50 mark he says 50/50 money 50/50 weight take lil g pipe out your ear 50/50 weight means a cw
                    Really, go listen to it. 50/50, means split, money. I want 50/50, that doesn't mean CW.

I know you dislike dude, but putting words in his mouth, I proved you wrong, so now you just infer what they mean.

Besides, Wards a LHW, GGG is a MW who weighs as much as Canelo. Wouldn't a CW be the thing there.

GGG was willing to come all the way to 154 for Floyd.

Comment

• Originally posted by i'm a fun haver View Post
                      I'm not worried about anything.
                      I'm not involved any farther than just watching fights lol
                      It just doesn't make much sense to me why Canelo/GBP would pay money so Canelo can drain himself

30 days out GGG is 165 for a fight at 160
                      30 days out Canelo is 168.7 for a fight at 155 lol

Canelo is almost 4lbs heavier 30 days before his fight than GGG was and Canelo has to weigh in 5lbs lighter than GGG did.
                      I doubt GGG is worried about it either lol
                      I dont even think its an issue.....

FACT: a reasonable catchweight request from a guy who weighs 153, to a guy who stated that he can make 154, should not kill that fight.

They will make tonnes of money from that fight, who cares how they spend it.

Comment

Working...
                      X