No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Rejects Fighting Golovkin, Unless at 155-Pounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JaguaresMx View Post
    Look, this is not ideal. But this is how boxing is. One guy who happens to have the power for a number of reasons (sometimes unearned like Chavez jr, others earned like Cotto) can make demands at will. If you want to fight them, you have to give in.

Floyd did it for Oscar

Canelo for Floyd

Canelo for Cotto

Cotto for Pac

Dawson for Ward

GGG WANTS TO DO IT TO WARD! So what ****ing grounds does GGG team have to complain about? They are not the A-side they seems to think they are. Spread up, let Canelo do his thing, and if you beat him, you might actually be the A-side.

In the meantime, just because 6 fans at NSB think you're a superstar does not make it so.

Look at GGG, at the first smell of stardom wanted to bring Ward down after years of screaming that no one wants to fight him. Lara? No enough money, etc.

This is boxing politics at its finest. You either complain about it every time or pretend that your guy is special and get banned from an internet forum.

ps (this is is why it is nuts that Donaire fought Rigo, nuts and admirable!)
    this right here....

GGGroupies are just gonna tell you Cotto & GGG are in the same division.

But forget that Froch, Chavez Jr & Ward are also in the same division.
    So why no cw for Froch & Chavez Jr but 164 cw vs ward?

They'll defend that regardless.

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
      so golovkin can do it because hopkins did it?

is that what you're implying, or are you just trying to change the subject completely?
      How do I change the subject? You just said:

Originally posted by New England
      golovkin is too big / old to fight for the 155 championship of the world
      ... And i answered that B-Hop was 39 when he came down at 156 to beat ODLH?
      ... So YOU imply that what B-Hop was able to do at 39, GGG isn't able to do at 34? Because B-Hop is a true idol, while little G is a fraud, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
        this right here....

GGGroupies are just gonna tell you Cotto & GGG are in the same division.

But forget that Froch, Chavez Jr & Ward are also in the same division.
        So why no cw for Froch & Chavez Jr but 164 cw vs ward?

They'll defend that regardless.
        That makes no sense. Has Golovkin ever fought above 160 and does he hold a title, let alone the lineal crown, at 168 pounds? Ok then.

Cotto/Canelo will have the WBC belt and lineal crown, in which Golovkin is mandatory to. It shouldn't be that hard to distinguish the difference.

Comment

• Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
          That makes no sense. Has Golovkin ever fought above 160 and does he hold a title, let alone the lineal crown, at 168 pounds? Ok then.

Cotto/Canelo will have the WBC belt and lineal crown, in which Golovkin is mandatory to. It shouldn't be that hard to distinguish the difference.
          http://boxrec.com/boxer/356831 two fights over 160, just sayin

Comment

• At this point you might actually wanna root for Cotto to win since Canelo is acting like the bigger bit*h. Lets just say they don't get stripped or GGG really wants to fight one of them, Cotto fought Sergio at 159 and Gale at 157, so anywhere around 157-159 is good if he applies the same weight to GGG.

Comment

• Originally posted by rajaomair View Post
              So he basically just stated that I will duck GGG, SO those who wont lose respect for him must be dumbfcuks and only about 1% of the total fans.

All he did is to tell us in advance that he will duck GGG, so yeah it's safe to say 99% of people are going to lose respect for him.

Again read my previous comment
              Welp. Based on this thread, safe to safe you're wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by Golovkin View Post
                LMAOO. So true. Truth is Gennady is hated by a certain sector because he is white skinned and the most dominant/greatest fighter in the history of the sport. And me being white, I am a 100% proud of that. I love it.
                Lmao at this loser. Should be permabanned

Comment

Cotto is no 160 lbs (are we really going to pretend that? He's a true small fighter for the class) and Canelo has never fought on that weight. Even if he had, if he wants to do it at 150 for GGG, that's his call.

But you misunderstand the point. Boxing politics are not about principle. They are about power and who commands. GGG doesn't. He wants to. He's no innocent hero either. But to do that, he has to bend regardless of how wrong the principle.

Essentially you are asking GGG to be the one that does no sacrifice (no coming down or up in weight) when in fact he is the worst position to demand anything.

Fair? maybe not. But's that's boxing.

Comment

• Originally posted by RetroSpeed05 View Post
                    At this point you might actually wanna root for Cotto to win since Canelo is acting like the bigger bit*h. Lets just say they don't get stripped or GGG really wants to fight one of them, Cotto fought Sergio at 159 and Gale at 157, so anywhere around 157-159 is good if he applies the same weight to GGG.
                    Conveniently leave out the fact cotto's third defense at MW is at 155. 159,157,155. See the trend?

Comment

You know what I'm talking about.

Froch 168
                      Chavez 168
                      Ward 164

You see nothing wrong with that? And I don't wanna hear about A/B sides or anything of that nature.

Is that cw bullshit or no?

Comment

Working...
                      X