No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Rejects Fighting Golovkin, Unless at 155-Pounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Progrssive_Jedi View Post
    In the U.S., we have systemic racism that is heavily weighted against minorities. I'm not gonna go into why this is.

But having discussions about race in itself isn't bad.

Judging a fighter based on race is. Calling people half breed is.

Recognizing our differences and pointing out bias isn't, it's actually good.
    who freakin cares its a BOXING FORUM dont bring that shit up.

especially the way YA was doing it:

example: If ggg was black he'll be more loved here in nsb (im paraphrasing btw)

Seriously ya type dumb shit like that & expect no one to call you out on it. Fuck outta here.

Comment

• Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
      B-Hop was 39 when he came down at 156 in order to fight and KO Oscar De La Hoya...

so golovkin can do it because hopkins did it?

is that what you're implying, or are you just trying to change the subject completely?

Comment

• Originally posted by nielon View Post
        I am one of the few boxing fans here that can say "I agree with this Catchweights demands from Canelo/Cotto to GGG".... YES I SAID IT!!! I Agree with the CW's!!!. Why? Just becuase, (PLEASE READ).... Cotto was subject to Catchweight demands from Pacquiao and had to accept just to get that HUGE MONEY FIGHT!!!(Cotto WAS the b-side against Manny).... Canelo has also been subject to Catchweghts by Floyd and had to accept the catchweight to get a HUGE Payday also (Canelo was the B-side). Everyone knows what happened to both Canelo and Cotto in those fights, THEY BOTH LOST AND OBVIOUSLY BOTH WERE AFFECTED BY DRAINING THOSE EXTRA POUNDS!!! The difference between GGG (B-side against Cotto/Canelo) and Cotto/Canelo back then is that both were already PPV Star fighters and still had to accept CW from Manny/Floyd. GGG at this moment is not a PPV Star nor brings money to Cotto's or Canelo's the negotiating table. GGG at this moment only brings the "media hype", a mandatory status and 100k PPV buys for a Half Price show. Now, everyone, think about what Cotto/Canelo had been through to reach to their stardom level and compare it to what GGG had been through. Not even remotely close when comparing. GGG should make the same sacrifices at least ONCE to get a big money fight or he can go back to fighting "John Does" on HBO for a few cents. GGG resume is in desperate needs of a "brand" opponent name and they said "154-168" anyone can get it. There should be no excuse either way from GGG's camp. (Thanks for reading)
        A few problems with that.
        -Cotto vs. Manny was at 145. Cotto's previous fight he came into at 146. early in his career he fought at 140 for 4 years. Cotto was 28 years old. He was young and had plenty of experience at that weight.
        -Cotto vs Floyd was at 154 for Super WW belt, which has a weight limit of 154.
        -Canelo vs. Floyd was at 152. Canelo was risking 1 belt and was giving up 2 lbs from his usual weight. He was 24 years old. Canelo had ~6 years of experience of fighting at 147.
        As far as I remember, none of the fighters were mandatory to the belt.

Golovkin's situation a bit different.
        -He's risking TWO belts against 1
        -He's being asked to give up 5 pounds, not 2.
        -He's significantly older than Cotto/Canelo
        -He has never fought below 160.
        -He's a mandatory to the belt that Cotto is holding.
        -He has let the title holder accept another fight TWICE, once for Geale, and now for Canelo.

So no, they are not the same.

Comment

• I don't see what the fuss is about. A side fighters doing A side things. Right Team GGG?

Lol @ Barcham coming out of the woodwork.

Comment

• Originally posted by Golovkin View Post
            How did it feel to get banned because of me? I got your account banned, I got beater of ass banned last night, time for you to make a new account.
            You fcking lame you bragging now LmaO you celebrating now you fcking clown?!

BWaHahahaHAHAhaahahahahahahaaHAHA!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
              To clarify, Canelo gets dumped on for not moving up to fight Golovkin but the same guys say Golovkin (who is at least 170 on fight night) can't go to 168 to fight a guy he called out? Pick a set of standards and stick with it guys. Your arguments are weak as hell.
              Are you a nit wit? 170 on fight night? Do you know how much Super Middleweights weigh on fight night? Around 180 lbs but you obv have an agenda so stick with it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Progrssive_Jedi View Post
                Why do people repeat this same lie. No one offered Ward a Catchweight.

And Ward is in another two divisions away from GGG.

wait what?

so the 164 lbs catchweight according to loeffler was a "private email" and fat dan instead wrote about it.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin's Promoter: We'd Fight Ward at 164, 50-50 Split
                http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=682548

Comments Thread For: Golovkin's Coach: Andre Ward Must Go to 164 or No Fight
                http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=683877

top that off with "154-168"

So ya can stop the bullshit hypocrisies

Comment

• Look, this is not ideal. But this is how boxing is. One guy who happens to have the power for a number of reasons (sometimes unearned like Chavez jr, others earned like Cotto) can make demands at will. If you want to fight them, you have to give in.

Floyd did it for Oscar

Canelo for Floyd

Canelo for Cotto

Cotto for Pac

Dawson for Ward

GGG WANTS TO DO IT TO WARD! So what ****ing grounds does GGG team have to complain about? They are not the A-side they seems to think they are. Spread up, let Canelo do his thing, and if you beat him, you might actually be the A-side.

In the meantime, just because 6 fans at NSB think you're a superstar does not make it so.

Look at GGG, at the first smell of stardom wanted to bring Ward down after years of screaming that no one wants to fight him. Lara? No enough money, etc.

This is boxing politics at its finest. You either complain about it every time or pretend that your guy is special and get banned from an internet forum.

ps (this is is why it is nuts that Donaire fought Rigo, nuts and admirable!)

Comment

• This is the double edge sword. Triple G was willing to fight Floyd at a lower weight but won't do it for Cotto. Cotto is simply asking too much of a CW for the fight.

I am sure if Cotto wins and the money is on the table that both guys can agree with a fair CW, it is the only way that Triple G would make big money in the very near future

Comment

• Originally posted by PRBOXINGCOTTO View Post
                      lmaooo all you canelo fans saying canelo has balls he will fight ggg no problem well look it here he is ducking ggg the only 1 who would fight ggg is cotto and the reason is they can sell out msg and break the gate record but the fight will happen only if ggg ppv numbers come back strong
                      honestly i dont think saying they will fight ggg at a catch weight as being a duck. if ggg says he dont want to do it so be it there are other fights out there

Comment

Working...
                      X