Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gennady Golovkin vs David Lemiuex Does Roughly 150,000 PPV Buys

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm just waiting for the bet that Kev and Stax made with the other user, can't remember who was...

lol

Comment

• Originally posted by xhiddenx87 View Post
      I'm just waiting for the bet that Kev and Stax made with the other user, can't remember who was...

lol
      Barcham, but he appears to be weaseling out. Hope the mods permaban him if he doesn't live up to the bet.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
        This is another example of the kind of reasoning from a GGG fan I wish we had seen before the fight so we could've discussed it.
        Ok Floyd fanboy. I said I thought it would do better numbers. But I wasn't expecting any home run with this PPV. This PPV is a flop and I'm giving you my reasons why it flopped.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
          This is 100% spot on. I can understand the scumbags and trolls posting this, but how in the hell does any respectable poster figure fighting Lemuiex for another 160 belt would be more appealing to fans then GGG going up to fight Ward?
          It's a career suicide.

If he goes up to 168 and fights a bigger man at an uncomfortable weight and loses, he'll get absolutely no credit from anyone, he wont make much money (because Ward doesn't sell right now), and he'll lose any hype he has accumulated as a fighter.

If he beats Ward at 168, his Risk/Reward ratio goes through the roof - no other popular fighter will ever fight him because they'll know that they will likely lose AND Golovkin is still not popular enough.

It's a lose-lose proposition for him right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by j0zef View Post
            It's a career suicide.

If he goes up to 168 and fights a bigger man at an uncomfortable weight and loses, he'll get absolutely no credit from anyone, he wont make much money (because Ward doesn't sell right now), and he'll lose any hype he has accumulated as a fighter.

If he beats Ward at 168, his Risk/Reward ratio goes through the roof - no other popular fighter will ever fight him because they'll know that they will likely lose AND Golovkin is still not popular enough.

stop trying to talk sense to Wards 6 fans. Its a pointless exercise......

Comment

• Oscar and Hopkins hyped this fight hard too. I wonder what the details of who the buyers are, like what % are from Canada and the US.

Comment

• Originally posted by boxinghead530 View Post
                Ok Floyd fanboy. I said I thought it would do better numbers. But I wasn't expecting any home run with this PPV. This PPV is a flop and I'm giving you my reasons why it flopped.
                and I am crediting you for the sound reasoning in your post. I am not calling you out because you predicted a higher number. FFS! You can't even compliment a poster anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
                  HBO lost a lot of money on this fight. They've done a great job promoting Golovkin, and this is how he repays them?

Bad boy!
                  I don't think HBO lost money on this PPV but it didn't generate a huge pay day for them either. Their overhead wasn't all that much going in. They didn't have to worry about paying GGG 30+ million dollars. With the gate and PPV I see it all generating around 80+ millions dollars overall. So after paying all fighters which can't be anymore than 10-12 million overall. They still have around 70 million to split with the cable distributor. Like I said HBO didn't lose money and they only made a small profit.

Comment

• Originally posted by j0zef View Post
                    It's a career suicide.

First off, fighting ward right now was a better, more important, more lucrative fight that would've appealed to more fans then the Lemuiex fight. Ward Isn't a big name, but he is bigger than Lemuiex.

WIth all due respect, you are looking at it in the worst possible way. Is that realistic?Win or lose the obstacles are still there.

If he loses, he goes back to 160 and fights for the same MW titles he wants now. The only thing is he isn't undefeated. If he wins, he goes back to 160 with an elevated status and a bigger PPV sales number, which may entice a Canelo into a fight.

GGG going to 168 to fight Ward isn't a lose/lose situation. Its more like Canelo fighting Floyd-a loss doesn't hurt you so much because you were not expected to win.

Besides, boxing has a way of rewarding those who make bold moves.
                    Last edited by The Big Dunn; 10-21-2015, 11:20 AM.

Comment

• He's probably still going to be fine. If he gets the winner of Canelo/Cotto (assuming no rematch), that will be on PPV and he'll gain recognition by beating either of them.

His career isn't over because of one PPV against a guy no one knew.

Comment

Working...
                      X