No announcement yet.

Gennady Golovkin vs David Lemiuex Does Roughly 150,000 PPV Buys

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by From Russia View Post
    If Floyd was from Kazachstan, his fights wouldnt even be televised in America. The numbers arent really that bad considering it was a fight between canadian with armenian roots and a russian/korean from Kazachstan, LOL
    Stay on the topic....

Comment

• I'm not that surprised, a debut PPV between two foreign fighters with little or no bad blood in the build up?

I think GGG's attraction will be built on his ability to sell out arenas, the good old fashioned way. And I'm sure, as more news of this fight, the result etc spreads, GGGs popularity will spread further.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrRolltide91 View Post
        what about GGG vs Ward ppv buys?
        I think it could do 300-350K. Which is why Ward wants the fight. And why GGG wants Canelo-Cotto lol.

Comment

• Good start for GGG, only goes up from here.

I hear Ward is fighting the guy from the A-team, sounds about right.

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
            All wrong, chum. Aren't you from the UK? All kind of crap is ppv over there, right? It's not as bad in the US, but at some point you gotta go ppv if its more money than a network can cover.
            What's all wrong? I don't give a **** is am from Jupiter. I hope all PPV sink, that's the only way we get to see boxers get in there and fight. Instead of pulling out the PPV excuse card, I have been saying this for years now, The last PPV i brought was when Prince Naz was active, since then i realise that the more we pay for the more most boxers go through that PPV route. Dont care if you are Mayweathe, RJJ , Hatton or Ward, i seriously hope PPV all dies.

Comment

• It was technology which killed the PPV business model -- nobody (except for Mayweather) was able to compete against the 'Internet streaming'.

... But let's wait for Cotto-Canelo...

Comment

• Originally posted by Jubei View Post
                From reading that post it seems more than your brain is full of sh i t.

Also Floydhype as source? I won't even comment on that.
                fighthype is not known to lie whether they are fair to mayweather or not. so using that as an excuse is pointless

Comment

• That clearly shows how many is the die-hard boxing fans is, in excess of that are the casuals.

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                    It's also month 1.5 after Floyd Berto. It didn't do well but at least it hit the break even
                    Mayweather vs Pacquiao was a once in a lifetime type fight between 2 of the greatest fighters ever. It was a fight people demanded.

Nobody demanded or wanted Floyd to fight Berto.

Comment

• Loooool. So many excuses...

- PPV is dying doe
                      - He doesn't speak English doe
                      - They weren't American doe

And then we have this...

Originally posted by Barcham View Post
                      I am so tired of reading their crap that I won't bother with the ignore list anymore, I'm just going to leave the board completely. It is really not worth the aggravation. This is one of the poorest moderated boards of any kind that I have ever been a member of. No other board allows people to do nothing but troll those who try to contribute useful information, while adding nothing of value to the board themselves. All other boards I have belonged to would simply ban trolls like that outright.

Here, the trolls seem to be the norm rather than the exception. So honestly, **** IT. Let the inmates run the asylum. Let the board sink to the bottom of the swamp if that's what the mods want it to be.
                      Loooooooooooooooool. Biggest baby I've ever seen online.

Comment

Working...
                      X