No announcement yet.

Gennady Golovkin vs David Lemiuex Does Roughly 150,000 PPV Buys

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
    because regardless of GGG, I believe the HBO platform and marketing machine almost guarantees a better number, regardless of who is fighting.

You have to go back 11 years to Klitschko-Danny Williams to find an HBO ppv that did below 200k buys........

Ultimately, if the number is 150, then so be it. But just because 1 fringe website reports that 72 hours after the event, that doesnt make it fact.

We all have sources, and after 20 years in the business I have mine as well. And as of 8pm last night, my sources were telling me that the numbers arent in yet.
    I agree although it's several sources saying it, actually.

Comment

• Originally posted by STAX ON DECK View Post
      with this doing only 150k,makes me wonder what ward vs kovalve does at 175 next year?? the quiality of that fight is amazing,but kovalve aint no ggg and we dont know what wards ppv pull really is
      Ward-Kovalev will crush anything GGG does as an A-side. There just isn't anybody Gennady is willing to fight, that is a clear B-side to him, thats gonna generate any interest from anyone outside of his diehards. And he just doesn't have a very big diehard fan base.

Comment

because regardless of GGG, I believe the HBO platform and marketing machine almost guarantees a better number, regardless of who is fighting.

You have to go back 11 years to Klitschko-Danny Williams to find an HBO ppv that did below 200k buys........

Ultimately, if the number is 150, then so be it. But just because 1 fringe website reports that 72 hours after the event, that doesnt make it fact.

We all have sources, and after 20 years in the business I have mine as well. And as of 8pm last night, my sources were telling me that the numbers arent in yet.
        That you believe that, fine. That doesn't make it true. Also, just because you love GGG and Apple and Jordan used him as a sponsor, that doesn't mean casual fans or hardcore fans purchased this fight.

Wlad is more popular than GGG. If his PPV didn't sell, its easy to see why GGG's didn't reach expectations.

What fringe website dude? They have the same sources. Sports Illustrated posted the same number as fighthype. Chris Mannix is an insider with HBO and his tweet is in this thread.

Now, I get as a huge GGG fan this is disappointing to you ( it doesn't suit your agenda-that being that GGG is this exciting fighter that everyone loves and is the new face of the sport) but its clear your questioning of the validity of the number is wrong.

Its not 8pm yesterday anymore son, its 10am the next day. Sorry that you are disappointed that GGG didn't do what you expected.

Oh yeah, as to the rest of your BS about my agenda-please don't let those questions go unanswered. Not all Floyd fans or black fans (which is what you seem to be implying-If I am wrong so be it) want GGG to fail.

As for me, in spite of me criticizing him regarding not fighting Ward and the jokes about his fans, I never once suggested this PPV would flop. I wanted it do well because the sport benefits from it.

At least be man enough to address the response to your post.
        Last edited by The Big Dunn; 10-21-2015, 09:02 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by carloscruz10009 View Post
          Ward-Kovalev will crush anything GGG does as an A-side. There just isn't anybody Gennady is willing to fight, that is a clear B-side to him, thats gonna generate any interest from anyone outside of his diehards. And he just doesn't have a very big diehard fan base.
          I don't think Ward-Kovalev would be on PPV but if they build it right, it can be. Ward being on the PPV undercard is a nice start. Either way, it would definitely do more than last Saturday's card but it would have to since both guys will get paid a lot more.

Comment

• People are so emotional in this thread

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
              I don't think Ward-Kovalev would be on PPV but if they build it right, it can be. Ward being on the PPV undercard is a nice start. Either way, it would definitely do more than last Saturday's card but it would have to since both guys will get paid a lot more.
              I think this failing to meet expectations might make HBO reconsider their strategy. If Coot/Canelo fails to meet expectations then KOv/Ward may be WCB in early 2017 instead of PPV late 2016.

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                I don't think Ward nor Kovalev is willing to fight the other for as small a guarantee as HBO can pay. I think it will be just like this one. Moderate guarantee, take your chances on PPV.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                  That you believe that, fine. That doesn't make it true. Also, just because you love GGG and Apple and Jordan used him as a sponsor, that doesn't mean casual fans or hardcore fans purchased this fight.

Wlad is more popular than GGG. If his PPV didn't sell, its easy to see why GGG's didn't reach expectations.

What fringe website dude? They have the same sources. Sports Illustrated posted the same number as fighthype. Chris Mannix is an insider with HBO and his tweet is in this thread.

Now, I get as a huge GGG fan this is disappointing to you ( it doesn't suit your agenda-that being that GGG is this exciting fighter that everyone loves and is the new face of the sport) but its clear your questioning of the validity of the number is wrong.

Its not 8pm yesterday anymore son, its 10am the next day. Sorry that you are disappointed that GGG didn't do what you expected.

Oh yeah, as to the rest of your BS about my agenda-please don't let those questions go unanswered. Not all Floyd fans or black fans (which is what you seem to be implying-If I am wrong so be it) want GGG to fail.

As for me, in spite of me criticizing him regarding not fighting Ward and the jokes about his fans, I never once suggested this PPV would flop. I wanted it do well because the sport benefits from it.

At least be man enough to address the response to your post
                  man enough? lol, what are you, 15?

I didnt address it because its a pointless argument. Sure, you predicted 350k. A number 100k higher than any reasonable person could have expected. A number that would pretty much guarantee that it didnt meet your expectations, and would thus be worthy of criticism.

and yes, its 10am the next day. And other than fighthype, and mannix citing fighthype in a tweet, no other reputable source has confirmed those numbers.

Comment

man enough? lol, what are you, 15?

I didnt address it because its a pointless argument. Sure, you predicted 350k. A number 100k higher than any reasonable person could have expected. A number that would pretty much guarantee that it didnt meet your expectations, and would thus be worthy of criticism.

and yes, its 10am the next day. And other than fighthype, and mannix citing fighthype in a tweet, no other reputable source has confirmed those numbers.
                    Why hasn't Team GGG, Oscar, or HBO come out to refute the number?

Comment

• Originally posted by carloscruz10009 View Post
                      Why hasn't Team GGG, Oscar, or HBO come out to refute the number?
                      you cant refute what doesnt exist yet.

Comment

Working...
                      X