No announcement yet.

Gennady Golovkin vs David Lemiuex Does Roughly 150,000 PPV Buys

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
    Everyone can see that. But that's not why this fight had disappointing sales. PPV is still somewhat viable for great matchups or stars and/or both.
    At #346 I already said that:
    "It was technology which killed the PPV business model -- nobody (except for Mayweather) was able to compete against the 'Internet streaming'.

... But let's wait for Cotto-Canelo..."

Don't you read posts on this thread?
    OK, I don't mind...

Comment

• I say foregt ppv put ggg on national tv !!!! Prime time

death to ppv !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
        No you werent. If you were, you would be waiting for other sources to confirm what is being reported. But you didnt, since these figures support your agenda.

But now it almost doesnt even matter if these numbers are correct or not. The haters who want to believe 150k will believe it, and even if better numbers come out in the next day or 2 they will just say "K2 / HBO is just lying to make GGG look good doe"
        Fighthype's number was also put out by Chris Mannix of SI, who appears on HBO. That's 2 sources, one "in house", reporting the same thing.

Why would I want the ppv to do poorly? What agenda are you referring to?

Since the fight was announced, I guessed 350k and said repeatedly I hoped it reached this number. Do you have any posts from me suggesting anything else?

Why do you expect a different, higher number to be released?

Comment

• Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
          No you werent. If you were, you would be waiting for other sources to confirm what is being reported. But you didnt, since these figures support your agenda.

But now it almost doesnt even matter if these numbers are correct or not. The haters who want to believe 150k will believe it, and even if better numbers come out in the next day or 2 they will just say "K2 / HBO is just lying to make GGG look good doe"
          So damn sensitive. Nobody is hating. This was a **** fight that was not PPV worthy. Who in their right mind wants to start paying $60 for showcase fights?

This fight, Floyd/Berto and Pac's fights against Rios and Algeiri needed to flop to send a message that we are not going to pay for bull****. If you want to charge us, give us what we want.

Comment

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post
            Mandatory defence > Catchweight demand
            I didn't mention any catchweight

Comment

• Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
              At #346 I already said that:
              "It was technology which killed the PPV business model -- nobody (except for Mayweather) was able to compete against the 'Internet streaming'.

... But let's wait for Cotto-Canelo..."

Don't you read posts on this thread?
              OK, I don't mind...
              Other fighters have done just fine on PPV. We've seen it over the years. Pacquiao, Cotto, etc. You have to be a star or it has to be a good matchup. I for one would rather watch that on my large screen, perfect HD with no hiccups. But put out the nonsense HBO did over the weekend and you get numbers like that.

Comment

• 38 pages already!?

Comment

• some of yall need to face it ggg aint no star lol while hes looking unstoppable every time out most casuals dont care. i often talk with random people and casuals about boxing and NONE of them know ggg 1 person out of all of them mentioned ggg to me in refrence to him fighting floyd and that surprised me but was also back when canelo fought floyd. since then ive never heard a casual mention him. hes gonna have to do alot in a short span of time to reach superstar status. canelo will use this against him in negotiations

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                    Fighthype's number was also put out by Chris Mannix of SI, who appears on HBO. That's 2 sources, one "in house", reporting the same thing.

Why would I want the ppv to do poorly? What agenda are you referring to?

Since the fight was announced, I guessed 350k and said repeatedly I hoped it reached this number. Do you have any posts from me suggesting anything else?

Why do you expect a different, higher number to be released?
                    because regardless of GGG, I believe the HBO platform and marketing machine almost guarantees a better number, regardless of who is fighting.

You have to go back 11 years to Klitschko-Danny Williams to find an HBO ppv that did below 200k buys........

Ultimately, if the number is 150, then so be it. But just because 1 fringe website reports that 72 hours after the event, that doesnt make it fact.

We all have sources, and after 20 years in the business I have mine as well. And as of 8pm last night, my sources were telling me that the numbers arent in yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by revs1227 View Post
                      I say foregt ppv put ggg on national tv !!!! Prime time

death to ppv !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yea a ggg on nbc feature or somthing like that would do him great, he needs way more exposure and media coverage

Comment

Working...
                      X