No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Al Haymon/Investors Get Upper Hand in Top Rank Lawsuit

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MC Hammer View Post
    All TR and GB need now are chairs and rope lol. They're both stuck fighting for the limited budget and space at HBO, also competing with guarantees for Kovlev, GGG and maybe Ward. What makes it worse is they did it to themselves.
    i do find it ironic that people are rooting for gbp and top rank its like they forgot those 2 been controlling boxing the last decade. its been an ok decade but honestly this past decade or so is what really started the downfall as far as who fights who and when and not only that but pbc has forced gbp and tr hand i mean jsut look at the fights these 2 are making now if they were still in control they would still be doing it like they had 5 years ago but now they forced to make good fight after good fight
    Last edited by Cinci Champ; 10-19-2015, 12:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MC Hammer View Post
      Both mentioned the Ali Act. Plus a violation of the act has nothing to do with GB;Thats between the fighter and promoter. GB has no grounds to get any money based on that. Face it my friend, GB and TR lose here.
      I can care less. Just stating what I've read. If I want to see court battles I'll watch judge judy. Whomever wins/loses a court case has zero effect on my life or me as a fan of the sport.

BTW- GBP lawsuit must have some legs if the judge denied motion for it to go to arbitration and instead be played out in court.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
        I can care less. Just stating what I've read.

BTW- GBP lawsuit must have some legs if the judge denied motion for it to go to arbitration and instead be played out in court.
        Was denied to go to the arbitration judge because it wasn't tied into settlement haymon and gb agreed to is why

Comment

Originally posted by SchoolTheseCats View Post
          Was denied to go to the arbitration judge because it wasn't tied into settlement haymon and gb agreed to is why
          these nsb lawyers i tell ya lol if two cases have very similar findings and bring up the same points, and one case, the case that alot of ppl were drooling over bc that promoter has never taken an L in the courtroom gets dismissed, what do they expect to happen to the lesser put together case?

solution: just compete and stay consistent

Comment

Now we know who was killing boxing. Basically, Top Ranks feeling is hurt, because Al Haymon decided to give us too many free fights. How many non-network or non-ppv fights did Bob give us prior to PBC?

Comment

Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
              Number 1. The Ali Act is to protect fighters against promoters not promoters against boxing networks. If that were the case HBO would be sued all the time for violating the Ali Act.

Number 2. DiBella co-wrote the Ali Act. Do you think he'd work with someone violating it and leave himself exposed?

Number 3. A boxer calling Haymon his promoter means nothing. That's just like black ppl calling our close friends our cousin. It's not what they say it's how it's structured legally. Every single show has had a promoter not named Haymon.

Number 4. If GBP & TR are relying on screenshots their cases are shot. Every cent Haymon pays out is accounted for. If you're operating illegally you don't write a check. Haymon takes his advisor fee off top then he pays Chavez. How can TR or GBP prove that's not true?

The fact of the matter is that neither GBP or TR have any idea how PBC is structured so they're throwing anything hoping it sticks. They're banking on the judge to give them discovery evidence but before that phase they have to prove they're being damaged. So it's basically "PBC is damaging us but we aren't sure how they're doing it but judge we'd like you to show us Haymon's books so we can prove he's damaging us."
              I expect this post to go unrecognized by the GBP/TR Defense League around here.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                Can't wait to hear the excuses after the GBP lawsuit doesn't dent the PBC train.
                They will mostly consist of "Al Haymon sucks" and "PBC gives us mismatches" comments, as if GBP didn't rob 50,000 gullible fans Saturday night with its latest mismatch.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
                  I can care less. Just stating what I've read. If I want to see court battles I'll watch judge judy. Whomever wins/loses a court case has zero effect on my life or me as a fan of the sport.

Stop lying. Seriously. Anything relating to Haymon, PBC, or Mayweather means everything to you which is why you've been posting about it every damn day for years.

Comment

Top Rank taking L's always puts a smile on my face.

Almost as much as every Golden Boy fighter getting knocked out does.

Comment

Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
                      Number 1. The Ali Act is to protect fighters against promoters not promoters against boxing networks. If that were the case HBO would be sued all the time for violating the Ali Act.

Number 2. DiBella co-wrote the Ali Act. Do you think he'd work with someone violating it and leave himself exposed?

Number 3. A boxer calling Haymon his promoter means nothing. That's just like black ppl calling our close friends our cousin. It's not what they say it's how it's structured legally. Every single show has had a promoter not named Haymon.

Number 4. If GBP & TR are relying on screenshots their cases are shot. Every cent Haymon pays out is accounted for. If you're operating illegally you don't write a check. Haymon takes his advisor fee off top then he pays Chavez. How can TR or GBP prove that's not true?

The fact of the matter is that neither GBP or TR have any idea how PBC is structured so they're throwing anything hoping it sticks. They're banking on the judge to give them discovery evidence but before that phase they have to prove they're being damaged. So it's basically "PBC is damaging us but we aren't sure how they're doing it but judge we'd like you to show us Haymon's books so we can prove he's damaging us."
                      HBO is a network they do not manager any fighters. Despite Haymon's shady "advisor" role he is legally registered as a manager. A manager can't be writing checks which is the responsibility of a promoter. So which is your defense that he is not breaking the Ali Act and acting as both Manager and Promoter or that the law is foolish? On one side you are denying it's happening but then saying it's ok if he is breaking the law because in your opinion right now the fighters are not being hurt by it. Well I can't go drinking and driving and when the cop pulls me over say I drink and drive all the time and I am a excellent driver and I do it all the time and have never hurt anyone else on the road and none of the other cars are complaining. If it's a law and your breaking it it's illegal.

What Dibella says is irrelevant he is working for Haymon he has to defend him what the hell else would he say. Plus he's not even mentioned in any of these lawsuits and can always play ignorance. Again it's Haymon who is accused of breaking the law not Dibella.

Of course if multiple boxers of his are referring and calling him a promoter which is illegal is a big deal because he's denying that's what he is. Well if everyone in the industry knows it and even his own fighters are telling you this you don't think that gives the courts reason to force him to open up his books and explain his actual role? Golden Boy is saying the promoters name you see on his shows is a sham and that he is really the one promoting it and handling the promoter duties.

The screen shot of a fighters check is not the only evidence Golden Boy has and more will clearly come out in court. But many lawsuits have been created and won because of things people post on twitter. The point of the check is this man says he is not a promoter yet his fighters call him a promoter and he is writing purse checks to his fighters like a promoter. Whether you agree with the Ali Act or not the point is he is clearly violating it and is not just a fighters manager and Golden Boy worked with him closely and have insider knowledge of how he works and I'm sure will the lawsuit will lead to them requesting that he make specific documents public. But again which is it are you denying he is also a promoter or is your argument he should be allowed to be both because you keep flip flopping between the two?

Comment

Working...
                      X