Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Al Haymon/Investors Get Upper Hand in Top Rank Lawsuit

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How does a so called boxing fan actually WANTS pbc to fail, that sht makes no sense to me. do you hate haymon THAT much, a guy who doesn't even show his face? are you a fan of boxing, or a fan of a network. if you love boxing, you root for pbc, period. al haymon is taking over the world, big deal, all you should be worried about is the action in the ring, and pbc has provided plenty of it.

i dont care if its donald trump putting together a boxing card, im watching because i love boxing. you dont get a check for rooting on a certain network. just enjoy the damn fights.

all i see is the competition complaining, fighters themselves have nothing bad to say about being under haymon. if fighters are happy, fans should support them, they're the ones risking their lives for our enjoyment.

cant wait for thurman-porter.
    Last edited by Illmatic94; 10-19-2015, 03:20 PM.

Comment

Im not a Haymon supporter but Fk Arum, anytime it doesnt go his way its good for the sport. And honestly, were only at 41 comments!? Why tf isnt there 100+?

TR just took a blow and the biggest Haymon haters are hurtn bcuz this is the lawsuit they leaned on the most. I remember when these 1st came about posters were saying Bobs lawsuit holds more water than GBPs bcuz it was written better and also bcuz Bob had a law degree from harvard lol

Well it looks like PBC is here to stay for now and although i havent directly supported the product, the fights have steadily gotten better.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
        HBO is a network they do not manager any fighters. Despite Haymon's shady "advisor" role he is legally registered as a manager. A manager can't be writing checks which is the responsibility of a promoter. So which is your defense that he is not breaking the Ali Act and acting as both Manager and Promoter or that the law is foolish? On one side you are denying it's happening but then saying it's ok if he is breaking the law because in your opinion right now the fighters are not being hurt by it. Well I can't go drinking and driving and when the cop pulls me over say I drink and drive all the time and I am a excellent driver and I do it all the time and have never hurt anyone else on the road and none of the other cars are complaining. If it's a law and your breaking it it's illegal.

What Dibella says is irrelevant he is working for Haymon he has to defend him what the hell else would he say. Plus he's not even mentioned in any of these lawsuits and can always play ignorance. Again it's Haymon who is accused of breaking the law not Dibella.

Of course if multiple boxers of his are referring and calling him a promoter which is illegal is a big deal because he's denying that's what he is. Well if everyone in the industry knows it and even his own fighters are telling you this you don't think that gives the courts reason to force him to open up his books and explain his actual role? Golden Boy is saying the promoters name you see on his shows is a sham and that he is really the one promoting it and handling the promoter duties.

The screen shot of a fighters check is not the only evidence Golden Boy has and more will clearly come out in court. But many lawsuits have been created and won because of things people post on twitter. The point of the check is this man says he is not a promoter yet his fighters call him a promoter and he is writing purse checks to his fighters like a promoter. Whether you agree with the Ali Act or not the point is he is clearly violating it and is not just a fighters manager and Golden Boy worked with him closely and have insider knowledge of how he works and I'm sure will the lawsuit will lead to them requesting that he make specific documents public. But again which is it are you denying he is also a promoter or is your argument he should be allowed to be both because you keep flip flopping between the two?
        ... The Ali Act makes no issue of a manager writing a check; the only manager related issue in the Ali Act is an instance where the manager gets a check from the fighter while also getting an addition check for the promotion of the event (think Barry McGuigan getting a manager's check from Carl Frampton while Barry McGuigan's Cyclone Promotions also gets a check for hosting the Frampton fight).

Unless you've got some instance where you have Al Haymon going to some athletic commission to secure the right to stage a fight, there's no case to be had.

You add that Golden Boy has already received a payout, to settle the break-up between Golden Boy and Haymon-aligned fighters (as a package deal to settle the matter with Richard Schaefer), and Golden Boy's entire case is already dead in the water (outside of Haymon no longer going to Golden Boy to promote his fights, nothing has actually changed between when Golden Boy was happy to do business with Haymon versus when Haymon no longer wanted to do business with Oscar). No judge is that silly.

Comment

Done worrying bout these little Promoter Ego Stroking Beefs and Lawsuits they have going on. I will continue to support and watch all as long as it is fights I want to see. I don't have a dime invested into PBC, Top Rank, GBP, HBO, Showtime or any of them so I will let them focus on if they're making or losing money and I will just focus on the fighters and the fights in the ring

Grateful for the Unprecedented week of boxing last week and I watched and enjoyed it ALL! The Rift between Promoters, Networks, Managers, Advisers, whoever needs to end though. That is terrible for the sport of boxing and I don't see how it helps the sport in anyway.

Comment

let the free boxing continue

Comment

HBO is a network they do not manager any fighters. Despite Haymon's shady "advisor" role he is legally registered as a manager. A manager can't be writing checks which is the responsibility of a promoter. So which is your defense that he is not breaking the Ali Act and acting as both Manager and Promoter or that the law is foolish? On one side you are denying it's happening but then saying it's ok if he is breaking the law because in your opinion right now the fighters are not being hurt by it. Well I can't go drinking and driving and when the cop pulls me over say I drink and drive all the time and I am a excellent driver and I do it all the time and have never hurt anyone else on the road and none of the other cars are complaining. If it's a law and your breaking it it's illegal.
              It depends on the agreement the fighter has with the manager. The promoter could pay the money to the advisor, who would take his cut before paying the fighter; the promoter could pay the fighter who would take his cut before paying his manager.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                For those openly rooting against the Premier Boxing Champions (PBC) movement, it appears the best chance at a failed venture is waiting for the money to run out.

While one lawsuit is still pending against adviser Al Haymon’s enterprise, a victory was claimed in a separate but related case over the weekend. A $100 million antitrust lawsuit filed by Top Rank Inc. was dismissed by the U.S. District Court in California on October 16, less than seven weeks after such a motion was filed by Haymon’s legal team on August 31, according to documents obtained by BoxingScene.com,
                [Click Here To Read More]
                Dont know much about this.....

But anything that Bob Arum hates simply HAS to be good for boxing.

Good job !

Comment

ha ha! The Bobfather getting a taste of his own medicine... Haymon's got judges too!! Take that!!!

Comment

They are not the same. Top Rank's is geared about anti-trust and claims of monopoly. Golden Boy is about Haymon is illegally operating as both a Manager and Promoter violating the Ali Act which is clear that you can't be both. Given that Golden Boy had a alliance with Haymon for years and clearly has insider knowledge on how Haymon operates unlike Top Rank. Top Rank will refile their lawsuit and we'll see how that goes. But Golden Boy has always been the more serious and damaging lawsuit. Everyone in the industry knows Haymon is both manager and promoter and the "advisor" title is nothing more then a sham and the courts already ruled in Golden Boys favor that this is separate from their arbitration which Golden Boy won and forced Haymon to cut a huge check earlier this year.

The problem for Haymon is he's got idiot fighters posting checks on twitter only to later have it taken down (no doubt at the request of Haymon). That check is one of the pieces of evidence (only a promoter pays the fighter purse not a manager) that is part of the Golden Boy lawsuit. Also you got fighters on PBC doing interviews calling Haymon their promoter not manager not advisor but promoter. So even the fighters are admitting to it. lol Dan Rafael tweeted one of them out a few weeks ago saying I wonder how Haymon feels about his fighter calling him a promoter when he is in court right now denying that he is a promoter. You think Golden Boy won't use that in court? Golden Boy already beat Haymon in court once and will do it again. Golden Boy already knows how he operates they know where the bodies are buried if you will.
                    Who cares really ?

The Ali Act is to prevent fighters from being ripped off, thats all I care about.

Haymons model appears to be good for the fighters, and it appears to be good for boxing.

But a monopoly is usually not a good thing, not sure how this will play out.

He is certainly waaay better than Arum and his revolving in-house rubbish.

Comment

Originally posted by Cinci Champ View Post
                      i do find it ironic that people are rooting for gbp and top rank its like they forgot those 2 been controlling boxing the last decade. its been an ok decade but honestly this past decade or so is what really started the downfall as far as who fights who and when and not only that but pbc has forced gbp and tr hand i mean jsut look at the fights these 2 are making now if they were still in control they would still be doing it like they had 5 years ago but now they forced to make good fight after good fight
                      Yea fcuk Arum and his lying cheating stealing business model.

We deserve better than that and so do the fighters.
                      l

Comment

Working...
                      X