Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin Rejects Idea of Catch-Weight For Cotto, Canelo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doesn't the WBC have any authority to strip Cotto's b1tch ass if he ducks GGG?

Is GGG not mandatory for the WBC?

Comment

• Golovkin shamelessly ducked Ward, no question.

Golovkin also shamelessly ducked Lara, no question..... the "Monroe is a bigger draw" excuse undoubtedly proved that.

They have used money as an excuse to duck both Ward and Lara.

So if Golovkin refuses to give lil 153lb Cotto a catchweight, despite the fact that he demanded one from Ward, and despite the fact that he stated yesterday that he can make 154..... then he will have chosen to get paid 0.

So what happened to the money excuse they used to duck Ward and Lara ?

What, Team Golovkin have suddenly decided that they dont like money ?

SURELY, everyone will be able to see whats up..... SURELY ?

You b1tches will cop it..... especially kafkod.

Comment

• Originally posted by radioraheem View Post
        GGG will not be his biggest payday.

And Cotto has already shown the ability to walk away from the negotiating table if he didn't like the terms (ex. Pacquiao and Canelo). The negotiations (if Cotto beats Canelo), will be difficult! Even worse than the negotiations with Canelo.
        So let him walk away. Golovkin wants the belt, not Cotto. Cotto is like a flea that will be easily swatted aside either in the ring or outside of it. Makes no difference.

Originally posted by Hype job View Post
        Doesn't the WBC have any authority to strip Cotto's b1tch ass if he ducks GGG?

Is GGG not mandatory for the WBC?
        IF Cotto refuses the fight, IF he beats Canelo in the first place, yes, he will be stripped of his title. Cowards should not have champion beside their name in any case.

Comment

• Another delusional fan!

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
            Define crazy, then provide an example.

Crazy =/= things you dont agree with.
            Yes some of the things you say I don't agree with, which I won't elaborate on because it's more about interpretation rather than incorrect facts, and as you seen I respond mostly to incorrect facts. You do make some good points though. And I've been reading the back and forth between you and kafkod and you got him with his own quote which I find pretty damn funny.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cruisin' View Post
              He would be expected to win given that he weighed in at a 172 pound limit for his last fight and that's 2 pound heavier than Golovkin weighed in the ring last night.

Ward's career just gets sadder and sadder. People will look back on this and wodner why he spent years calling out a small middleweight. They won't understand the racial politics behind it or how his fans expected him to "take out" GGG. It will just look like Ward became a coward overnight.

floyd and pac do it. GGG wants to take their place as p4p best. he better suck it up and stop being a ***** *****

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                You did no such thing.

Every fight takes place within the standard divisional limit.

Including title fights.

Unless a catchweight is agreed upon by both parties.

Including title fights.

The point that you have missed is that the WBC have appointed Golovkin as Cottos mandatory..... yes, despite refusing to rank Wladimir Klitschko in their top 10 at heavyweight because he happens to be the WBA champion, the WBC have not only chosen to ignore their rules and rank the WBA middleweight champion, they have decided to install him as mandatory.

I fully expect you to endorse those double-standards.

And as a result of that mandate, Golovkin is relying on the WBC to strip Cotto when Golovkin refuses Cottos catchweight demand.

I fully expect you to endorse that b1tch move as well.

If that happens, Golovkin will be regarded as a cherry-picking coward.

Not by me, I dont use words like that to describe fighters.

But you do.....

True to form, I expect you to totally flip-flop on your prior comments.
                Originally posted by KnickTillDeaTh View Post
                @ aboutfkntime, you be on here saying some crazy schit, but it kinda looks like you got kafkod on the ropes with that one.
                Can you two not comprehend basic English?

Here are the WBC's own rules on catchweights for title fights:

"Every fight is scheduled to a certain weight category . For a fight to be recognized under such weigh category both boxers must make the weight within the limit of the division in the official weigh in ceremony."

"Catch weight – This term is used for specific agreements reached by the 2 fighters and is an exclusive commercial contract which has nothing to do with the regulations of boxing."

The boxers must make weight within the limit of the division. For MW, that means 160lbs.

The catchweight is an exclusive commercial contract which has nothing to do with the regulations of boxing.

The regulations of boxing include the weight limits of boxing. Do I really need to point that out?

http://wbcboxing.com/wbceng/news/478...-weight-fights

Gary Shaw is Geales promoter. He negotiated the catchweight deal with Cotto on Geales behalf. Here's what he had to say about it:

“We’re going to make the weight. It’s going to be tough,”

“I believe that if a fighter wants to fight at any weight that he wants to fight at, he has that opportunity, but he shouldn’t stop the opponent from fighting at the sanctioned weight which in this case is 160.”

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...lem-for-boxing

Title fights always take place at the standard weight limit for that division. Those are the regulations of boxing pertaining to weights in title fights.

Catchweights are an exclusive commercial agreement between the two fighters and their teams and have nothing to do with the regulations of boxing.

That's as clear as day. If you want to carry on saying that day is night, then go ahead. But are wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by radioraheem View Post
                  You are killing them man. It's just comedy.
                  Please give me your take on the following question:

If a title fight takes place at a catchweight, is the officially sanctioned weight the catchweight, or the standard divisional limit?

I already know the answer, btw. I'm just wondering if you do too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Barcham View Post
                    So let him walk away. Golovkin wants the belt, not Cotto. Cotto is like a flea that will be easily swatted aside either in the ring or outside of it. Makes no difference.

IF Cotto refuses the fight, IF he beats Canelo in the first place, yes, he will be stripped of his title. Cowards should not have champion beside their name in any case.
                    I cant believe what I'm reading.

You are aware that Golovkin is being criticized for his shht resume, right ?

Does it really make sense to you that after using money as an excuse to duck two fighters with world-class skills, Golovkin would show no interest in that HUGE payday from Cotto, considering that only yesterday Golovkin stated that he can make 154?

It appears that you fanboys have even less faith in Golovkin than his team.

Golovkin dont have the balls to get in with little Cotto, and yet you asshats think he wanted to fight Froch

Comment

• Originally posted by KnickTillDeaTh View Post
                      Yes some of the things you say I don't agree with, which I won't elaborate on because it's more about interpretation rather than incorrect facts, and as you seen I respond mostly to incorrect facts. You do make some good points though. And I've been reading the back and forth between you and kafkod and you got him with his own quote which I find pretty damn funny.
                      Yep, if they give me the rope, I will fkn hang them with it

Comment

Working...
                      X