Comments Thread For: Golovkin Rejects Idea of Catch-Weight For Cotto, Canelo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
    Cotto weighs 153 son.
    If he holds the middleweight belt then he defends against middleweights...that means 160 or less......and if he is 153 or 154 then he go's back down a weight and wins a title at light middleweight. And stop trying to play with the big boys....look cotto will not get past canelo next month anyway so he won't hold a belt at middleweight and then canelo I think will have more balls to face golovkn...either way you look at it...if you hold the middleweight belt then you defend against middleweights ...cotto is on borrowed time and you don't like it lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve plunger View Post
      It's 154.1 ounce and then your a middleweight..so it's not 155... Anything that weighs over 154 is middleweight....and if cotto or canelo want belts then they lose that extra pound in weight and make 154 and stop trying to alter the history of weight divisions ..then they don't have to face golovkin because there it the middleweights ...if not then they face golovkin as a middleweight
      What middleweight weighs 154.1 ?

So, a JMW who misses weight by .1, suddenly becomes a middleweight ?

Ridiculous.

A genuine middleweight will weigh close to 160.

Calling Canelo a middleweight because he CHOOSES to weigh 155 is crazy.

Canelo is a big boy, when he moves to middleweight he will obviously weigh 160.

We all know what the weight divisions are, but lets not fail to add in some common-sense and at least a basic understanding of how the game works.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve plunger View Post
        If he holds the middleweight belt then he defends against middleweights...that means 160 or less......and if he is 153 or 154 then he go's back down a weight and wins a title at light middleweight. And stop trying to play with the big boys....look cotto will not get past canelo next month anyway so he won't hold a belt at middleweight and then canelo I think will have more balls to face golovkn...either way you look at it...if you hold the middleweight belt then you defend against middleweights ...cotto is on borrowed time and you don't like it lol
        He will fight Golovkin at 155.

155 is middleweight, right ?

Comment

Cotto weighs 153 son.
          Cotto is the Lineal MW champ.

Comment

It's a mandatory, they can't haggle over weight unless GGG agrees.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fantasiabruja View Post
              I'm not going to get into politics here that was not my intention, I was just wondering why would a GGG Fan think we would favor a Russian over a Mexican. But for the record my country is hated so much that we have millions of foreigners risking their lives daily to cross our borders to come live here. Sorry I couldn't help my self.
              Unfortunately we have thousands from Libya and Syria now and there all heading to my country ...the difference there only coming because America decided to destabilise the whole Middle East and distablise the whole region....are country is accessible through Europe but yours is safe across the Atlantic Ocean ...cheers for that lol..that's the last of the political speeches ......I don't think America will look at golovkin like that...I think they like killers and guys who bring excitement in the ring....in face if a fighter is fan friendly is don't matter where he comes from....but I'll say one thing canelo loves to fight and get paid in the usa but he hasn't learnt English yet...golovkin is willing to learn and speak it

Comment

What middleweight weighs 154.1 ?

So, a JMW who misses weight by .1, suddenly becomes a middleweight ?

Ridiculous.

A genuine middleweight will weigh close to 160.

Calling Canelo a middleweight because he CHOOSES to weigh 155 is crazy.

Canelo is a big boy, when he moves to middleweight he will obviously weigh 160.

We all know what the weight divisions are, but lets not fail to add in some common-sense and at least a basic understanding of how the game works.
                No, when they win a MW title, lineal title, and your contracted weight is 155 to 157, you're a MW.

He is MW champion. No way around that.
                Last edited by Progrssive_Jedi; 10-18-2015, 10:30 PM.

Comment

Cotto can weigh 155 for sure but golovkn doesn't have to lol..he's a middleweight and he can weigh up to 160.....that's the rules

Comment

• Originally posted by Progrssive_Jedi View Post
                    No, when they when a MW title, lineal title, and your contracted weight is 155 to 157, you're a MW.

He is MW champion. No way around that.
                    Dumb and dumber is trying his best to get round it but he can't mate.....he has problems understanding

Comment

• Oh the hypocrisy from GGG

Comment

Working...
                      X