No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lemieux: I Saw Caution in Gennady Golovkin's Eyes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
    Coming along? Little G is 33, he best get a move on.
    The last true elite MW was 36 when he got his big shot.

Comment

Ward again. Mr. Lawsuit

I wouldn't say either ducked each other.

Ward was offered the fight, turned it down because of other things.

Then Ward offers GGG a absolutely moronic contract, GGG was like get lost, I'm fighting some PPV for belts.

They'll fight when it's right. Team GGG was smart to laugh at that contract. It was absurd. And they were right to stick to their plan, because it's obviously working.

Soon every name in boxing on the planet will be wanting a shot a 3G.

And those repeating Ward is fighting Kovalev, that's still speculations. Last I heard, they're putting together another Lawsuit, this time against Sanchez. Hyperbole! Oh my, what a big word.

Where gonna have to count Ward court battles and ring battles together.

Originally posted by SugarRaRobinson View Post
      Your spin doctoring and hyperbole is grotesque .
      Hey, you've shown extreme propensity for your own circle reasoning here and there, and everywhere.

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
      Pretty sure he's an alt. Have to learn to ignore people who make comments like that to attract attention.
      Like Mayweather!

Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post
      True, its a shame that Ward ducked GGG it really was a shameful act on his behalf.
      Originally posted by Divine Hammer View Post
      i saw it too. golovkin knows this is the toughest fight of his life. lemieux has a very good chance to KO ggg. and i'm a fan of ggg but i know what's real.
      Lol! Tomorrow you'll be saying Lemieux was garbage.

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
      WTF are you talking about? Mexican style with an inclination toward brawling and zero defense ages well?? No, it doesn't. Or, are you talking about fighting shyte competition, because that does age well.
      He's unwilling to change weight so I really don't see a future for him. No good fights at 160 and I don't believe Canelo out Cotto are going to fight him there. .
      I love the zero defense argument. Because it reveals the complete lack of knowledge about what GGG does.

The real boxing scribes tend to differ.

For an aggressive fighter, GGG has really good d.

But I'm better Defense to you is, clinching, holding, hugging and running all night.

Maybe they toss a few love taps in for good measure.

Serious though

It's rare for an aggressive, attack-oriented fighter to regularly come out of fights as cleanly as Golovkin does. He rarely has welts and bruises, let alone cuts.

GGG's defense is better than he's given credit for and he is able to keep up a high output while being solid defensively.

And he has balance, timing, chin, and power in spades.

We've yet to see how good he can be.

But pretending he is bad is lame, and just wrong.
      Last edited by Progrssive_Jedi; 10-17-2015, 11:02 AM.

Comment

Don't tell them that, it's one of the last straws they're grasping at

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
        The last true elite MW was 36 when he got his big shot.
        Its fun watching GGG get all this attention, because it pisses them off all the more.

I mean, ESPN, B/R, Yahoo, etc. all ran articles calling Ward the next big thing in boxing.

GGG fans have just inserted his name where Ward is.

Actually, I'm wondering if Ward's career is And he's an With Cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by Progrssive_Jedi View Post
          I wouldn't say either ducked each other.

Ward was offered the fight, turned it down because of other things.

Then Ward offers GGG a absolutely moronic contract, GGG was like get lost, I'm fighting some PPV for belts.

They'll fight when it's right. Team GGG was smart to laugh at that contract. It was absurd. And they were right to stick to their plan, because it's obviously working.

Soon every name in boxing on the planet will be wanting a shot a 3G.

And those repeating Ward is fighting Kovalev, that's still speculations. Last I heard, they're putting together another Lawsuit, this time against Sanchez. Hyperbole! Oh my, what a big word.

Where gonna have to count Ward court battles and ring battles together.

Hey, you've shown extreme propensity for your own circle reasoning here and there, and everywhere.

Like Mayweather!

Lol! Tomorrow you'll be saying Lemieux was garbage.

I love the zero defense argument. Because it reveals the complete lack of knowledge about what GGG does.

The real boxing scribes tend to differ.

For an aggressive fighter, GGG has really good d.

But I'm better Defense to you is, clinching, holding, hugging and running all night.

Maybe they toss a few love taps in for good measure.

Serious though

It's rare for an aggressive, attack-oriented fighter to regularly come out of fights as cleanly as Golovkin does. He rarely has welts and bruises, let alone cuts.

GGG's defense is better than he's given credit for and he is able to keep up a high output while being solid defensively.

And he has balance, timing, chin, and power in spades.

We've yet to see how good he can be.

But pretending he is bad is lame, and just wrong.
          I get the sense you were one of these kids who were rewarded for participation and think just saying something makes it correct. If you can't see evidence of his poor defense from his last fight, the things EVERYONE saw and are still talking about, then you're intentionally blinding yourself. I've never said he was bad. I've always been plainly honest about him. I like watching him fight. I just don't brainwash myself just because I like afighter.

Comment

Do they test for LSD? Because I seriously think Lemieux is tripping on something. Didn't he get the warning about the bad brown acid going around?

The way Lemieux is constantly talking, I half expect him to come running across the ring when the bell rings and run into a solid Golovkin right hand and it will be lights out.

Comment

GGG's biggest concern going into this fight is that those on the fence about ordering don't realize how big a bum Lemieux is. And tune into some West Coast college football instead.

Comment

whenever a fighter keeps talking about seeing fear in a fighter i get the sense they are scared themselves. if either fighter is not scared there is something wrong with them of course they are both scared or at the very least nervous. by the looks of lemeiux he looked like he had to kill himself to make weight after seeing that i fully expect ggg to beat him up pretty good late and probably get a tko

Comment

I get the sense you were one of these kids who were rewarded for participation and think just saying something makes it correct. If you can't see evidence of his poor defense from his last fight, the things EVERYONE saw and are still talking about, then you're intentionally blinding yourself. I've never said he was bad. I've always been plainly honest about him. I like watching him fight. I just don't brainwash myself just because I like afighter.
                  Dude has quickly become the most annoying poster on this site. He's obviously very new to the sport. Or at least new to following it as a hardcore fan. He speaks otherwise. His boxing IQ is very low. He thinx otherwise. 95% of his posts are simply different variations of each other. And his long winded monologues turn every thread he post in into an instant 20 pager, most his comments.

Comment

Do you have anything of substance.

Let's just say Monroe was a threat, he didn't do a lick of damage. GGG was clearly not concerned about dudes ability to hurt him.

You base you entire argument based on a strategy for one fight. Lol!

U.S. He a defense wizard, no. It's not his style.

Is he bad defender, no. Especially not for his style.

This idea of bad defense easily exposed. He is underrated as a defender.

This is GGG real defense (Third amongst HBO compustat of defensive fighters with at least ten fights). A claim made by Sanchez that appears true.

As a pressure fighter, he is coming forward. You can't discount that in any analysis of his defense. Of course it's easier to defend running away.

GGG timing, jab, positioning, wide stance, chin and experience are what makes his defense.

But his jab leads his defense. His jab is good. Not because it's powerful, it's the intelligent use of it both offensively and defensively that limits his opponents power and opens up the offense.

It keeps the opponent occupied, while covering his opponent’s lead hand as he throws his jab.

GGG cuses side-step, and subtle slips to angle off to his left or right, leading to devastating body shots or powerful uppercut or left hooks.

This is defense that works, leads to devastating offense.

His footwork is great. Not the same as Floyd Mayweather good, but in a different way. He has wide stance and switches stances seemingly at will, oftentimes when cutting off the ring.

Balance is key, he is able to stay in balance, making it hard to break is stride.

Did Monroe land, sure. But GGG doesn't get hit solid very often.

Which is why in 400 fights, no one has stunned him.

Now explain why I'm wrong, other than blanket statements like so and so landed. Because everyone gets hit.

Or insults, now thats better.
                    Last edited by Progrssive_Jedi; 10-17-2015, 12:12 PM.

Comment

After He KO's Lemeiux Early, Then It Will Be ''He Cant Beat Canelo, Ward, Kovalev

Or Klitschko. That's fine. Everyone has a plan until they get hit in the mouth, as Mike Tyson said in his prime. The guy is a class act, puts fans & Boxing first, and only Klitschko can beat GGG.

Comment

Working...
                      X