No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sanchez: GGG Not Being a Draw is No Longer an Excuse

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
    The trainer of Gennady Golovkin (33-0, 30 KO's), Abel Sanchez, is preparing his fighter for a middleweight unification bout in two weeks against David Lemieux (34-2, 31 KO's) from Madison Square Garden in New York. Sanchez says Golovkin is preparing for the toughest fight of his career just two weeks out.

“We have one more week of training, one more week of sparring, we’d weighed 165 for the 30 day weigh in,” Sanchez told BoxingScene.com. “So we’re going to be ready come two weeks. And if we do what we what we need to do it should be ok. But it’s an explosive fight a fight for the fans and as a fan I would tune in.”
    [Click Here To Read More]
    I will have everything laid out. Drinks, herbs, & snacks. Will have a few buddies over, go into my fortress of solitude, and try not to blink!

I am going to enjoy it while it lasts.

Comment

Originally posted by tredh View Post
      I like GGG and think he is a damn good fighter hasn't fought much of anybody competition wise but he for sure passes the eye test.

With that said I will NOT be ordering this ppv because its not a ppv worthy fight. Just like Mayweather vs Guerrero and Berto was NOT ppv worthy. Same as Manny vs Rios and Algeri was NOT ppv worthy.
      Thanks for keeping it real and not being a hater!

I am going to order the fight because I like guaranteed fireworks and I don't want to read about it Sunday morning!

Comment

Originally posted by Cinci Champ View Post
        whoa whoa whoa hold the phone sanchez u guys just used the same excuse for ward hahaha

Ward is a singer though... What the hell you talking about?

Comment

I like GGG but no matter what his team wants to believe about his drawing power, he will not be tha A-side against Cotto or Canelo...

Comment

Originally posted by Cinci Champ View Post
            u have yet to name a grade a or even b at the time fighter lemeiux is his toughest fight by far its not even close what does that tell you? just boggles my mind that same people who discredit other fighters for same thing give ggg excuses
            Wards best wins are all against guys who were nearing retirement that's a fact Martin Murray is still going on and he is vying to win the title off of AA in Germany and he likely is a strong B level guy the difference is the manner GGG beats his opponents there is little room for clinching and foul play he beats them clean the same can't be said for Ward who spoiled and stunk the house out with the Froch and Kessler fight that's another fact

Comment

Originally posted by Jayallday9 View Post
              I like GGG but no matter what his team wants to believe about his drawing power, he will not be tha A-side against Cotto or Canelo...
              Obviously!
              If he was Puerto Rican, Mexican or African American then maybe he would because all the dumb Fl0mo's would be leaping/latching onto him as their saviour but instead they do that with Ward funny that, wonder why?

Comment

I find it funny that a guy with no signifigant wins considers himself a draw .. So we are celebrating the fact that he is knocking out guys that have already been beaten for the most part ? Hysterical !

Comment

Originally posted by Raonic View Post
                  GGG is on Apple commercials. Hes clearly A side
                  ^^^^^^This

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post
                    Obviously!
                    If he was Puerto Rican, Mexican or African American then maybe he would because all the dumb Fl0mo's would be leaping/latching onto him as their saviour but instead they do that with Ward funny that, wonder why?
                    No it's not about what his race/ethnicity/background is..Cotto and Canelo have done far more than GGG and he can't be the A-side against either when they fight... Ward is nobody's savior, but he is the best SMW in the business and since GGG said he can beat the best, we want the best to fight the best....

Comment

Originally posted by Jayallday9 View Post
                      No it's not about what his race/ethnicity/background is..Cotto and Canelo have done far more than GGG and he can't be the A-side against either when they fight... Ward is nobody's savior, but he is the best SMW in the business and since GGG said he can beat the best, we want the best to fight the best....
                      It has plenty to do where he is from you pretending Americans/Mexicans/Puerto Ricans would give a **** about Canelo, Mayweather or Cotto If they weren't of those nationalities and they just came from some small country like Iceland/Sweden or Finland you're ****ing kidding yourself on.
                      Where you come from definitely plays a big factor on what you can reach in your career look Kell Brook puts on PPV's and is it because he is world class, absolutely not he's an average fighter from Britain being hyped he's not fought anyone besides Porter but because he comes from a country which is rich they can afford to put average guys like Kell as a PPV star anywhere else he'd be trash and likely would never have ever put on a PPV event.

Comment

Working...
                      X