No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Main Evenst Confirm Sergey Kovalev Out Until 2016

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlackSoul View Post
    people tend to think that boxing is some kind of video game where everybody has the same characteristics. NO THEY ARE NOT.
    people age faster and bodies respond differently what works for one fighter doesnt work for the next and so forth and so on just bc andre ward can beat carl froch doesnt mean that another fighter can beat him and vice versa
    it will almost be a full calendar year since kov fought everyones body doesnt respond in the same fashion
    So I guess you have genetic test results and full medical test results to justify your claim that Andre Ward is basically a more genetically perfect individual than Kovalev? That is what you are claiming, is it not? That Andre Ward is some kind of superman, above all other fighters in the sport to the point where fighting only three times in four years has no effect on him at all?

Maybe you should contact Roc Nation to tell them that they are wasting time looking for tune up fights and that Ward should move up and challenge Wlad and Wilder immediately!

Comment

Originally posted by Barcham View Post
      So I guess you have genetic test results and full medical test results to justify your claim that Andre Ward is basically a more genetically perfect individual than Kovalev? That is what you are claiming, is it not? That Andre Ward is some kind of superman, above all other fighters in the sport to the point where fighting only three times in four years has no effect on him at all?

Maybe you should contact Roc Nation to tell them that they are wasting time looking for tune up fights and that Ward should move up and challenge Wlad and Wilder immediately!
      may not be able to beat the big boys in HW but from 160-175 he's favored against EVERYONE and rightfully so
      theres something called an EYE test and Ward passes with flying colors all kovalev has is power and we've seen generation after generation after generation what GENERALLY happens to Boxers vs "power" punchers 85-90% of the time the "power" puncher gets beat
      nothing new remove your emotional attachment and you can see what everybody else sees

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
        So Ward fights in November, Kovalev fights in January/February.
        Both fight on the same card vs. different opponents in May/June.
        Then a mega collision for 3 belts in September/October 2016.

Sounds good to me.
        IBF strips Kovalev, in all likelihood, before he even steps into the ring for the January/February fight. To that, you can also throw in the rest of the fights at 175 that are happening to close out the year, and note how none of the marketable fighters will likely be there for Kovalev anyway.

Kovalev could literally be down to one belt come Fall 2016.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackSoul View Post
          my top 5 fav who's yours?
          I like so many fighters bro, difficult to pick a top 5.

A lot of people dont know my favorites, because they are old, and some of them are not very good ...... mates that I know and support.

Carpentier, Fitzsimmons, and Sullivan, are fighters that mean a lot.

Carpentier is a legend to me, the same as Bob Fitzsimmons..... and I have always supported Sean Sullivan, a local fighter here. Carpentier and Fitzsimmons are my two favorties.

But I like Toney, Leonard, DeLaHoya, Roy Jones, all the guys I watched growing up.

I respect some of the older legends more, because of how much more difficult boxing was back then..... only one ladder, a lot of short notice fights, tougher competition from week-to-week, limited preparation/training, life was just harder period, etc..... Armstrong, Moore, guys like that.

I have an old book on Ketchel, wonder how good he would have been.

I like them all, and I appreciate most styles, its all good.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
            they have. i can post the link to a dan rafael article.

here's ward talking about stevenson and ward.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9Hyl-XQbbQ

you don't trash your prospective opponents unless there's an element of fear / doubt in your mind.

andre ward is a winner, and he thinks that way. he's supremely confident. people just don't understand confidence on that level, and that's fine. they don't need to understand it.
            Look at Wards ringwalk immediately prior to the Kessler fight.

That was a kid, a huge underdog, making his first step onto a world stage, against the best SMW on the planet..... and yet I dont think I have ever seen such a supremely confident youg man.

It stuck with me anyway.

Sorry all, but Ward is special.

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
              Look at Wards ringwalk immediately prior to the Kessler fight.

That was a kid, a huge underdog, making his first step onto a world stage, against the best SMW on the planet..... and yet I dont think I have ever seen such a supremely confident youg man.

It stuck with me anyway.

Sorry all, but Ward is special.

he hasn't lost since he was 12 years old. can you imagine that? you dedicate your life to a sport where there is a winner and a loser, and you win every f#cking time since you are 12?

you're oging to be confident

love that kid. love him. can't get enough. keep at it, dre. i'll see you in canastota.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                he hasn't lost since he was 12 years old. can you imagine that? you dedicate your life to a sport where there is a winner and a loser, and you win every f#cking time since you are 12?

you're oging to be confident

love that kid. love him. can't get enough. keep at it, dre. i'll see you in canastota.
                Calzaghe was the same. Unbeaten since he was a kid, as both an amateur and a professional.

The similarities dont end there.

Calzaghes quality of opposition let him down, considering the length of his career and the timing of some of the " name " opponents on his resume..... but all time, Calzaghe would have been a very difficult fight for any SMW, very hard to beat.

A tonic for Calzaghe would have been someone like my boy Toney.

And I kinda feel the same about Ward. He has let himself down a little since the Super-6. He was right about Bute, no question, but he likely should have taken that fight as his career has stagnated since.

But he still has time left, and it would be great to see Ward live up to his true potential.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
                  Stevenson seems to show no intention of taking anymore tough fights, living off a KO victory over a damaged Chad Dawson from 3 years ago.

Per N.Duva on twitter, when ME got Kovalev the purse bid against Stevenson, their plan was to take the Mohammedi fight first which would allow them an out with HBO in case Haymon won the purse bid and HBO could've turned down the fight due to it being higher than they were willing to pay allowing Haymon to put it on Showtime or PBC. That's the reason GYM moved up the purse bid date in order to either force ME to drop out of the purse bid or go into it knowing the could easily outbid anything HBO would offer, move the fight off HBO forcing Kovalev to then decline.

FUNNY

The WBC 53rd Annual World Convention will be held in Kunming, province of Yunnan in China, from November the 1st to November 7th 2015. Means the WBC will reveal the 2016 mandatories. The WBC didn't leave the WBC Diamond belt in Kovalev hands for nothing. They will still persue Kathy Duva's original bluff/request from December 2014. Kovalev vs Stevenson will be mandatory again.
                  Klimas/Duva could try every technic to avoid a clash between Kovalev & Stevenson, I wonder if fans will still buy this; I won't...
                  Nicole Duva says, team Stevenson setup a purse bid too early; Good!
                  Now that HBO have the Team Bluffers back, what will be the new lie of team Kovalev, what will be their new excuse for not fighting Stevenson for the Undisputed Champion unification of the LHW division.
                  - If you are a Kovalev fan, please push him to Stevenson, so Stevenson could Finish Him!

It only takes 1 clean left, One...
                  "We will find a way for it to happen, said promoter Yvon Michel. We are trying to control the mandatory challenger so that Kovalev have no other choice but to choose to fight for the unification. We really try to put all the pressure we can. "

Source: RDS.CA
                  Last edited by TheThirdEye; 10-08-2015, 03:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheThirdEye View Post
                    FUNNY

The WBC 53rd Annual World Convention will be held in Kunming, province of Yunnan in China, from November the 1st to November 7th 2015. Means the WBC will reveal the 2016 mandatories. The WBC didn't leave the WBC Diamond belt in Kovalev hands for nothing. They will still persue Kathy Duva's original bluff/request from December 2014. Kovalev vs Stevenson will be mandatory again.
                    Klimas/Duva could try every technic to avoid a clash between Kovalev & Stevenson, I wonder if fans will still buy this; I won't...
                    Nicole Duva says, team Stevenson setup a purse bid too early; Good!
                    Now that HBO have the Team Bluffers back, what will be the new lie of team Kovalev, what will be their new excuse for not fighting Stevenson for the Undisputed Champion unification of the LHW division.
                    - If you are a Kovalev fan, please push him to Stevenson, so Stevenson could Finish Him!
                    " so if HBO wouldn't have permitted a purse bid then becoming his mandatory was a charade "

Oh fk !

Told you all that exclusive TV deals were nasty.

Like i said yesterday.....

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                    Anything that adds to the fragmentation within boxing = bad, in my book.

When a fighter signs an exclusive deal, they effectively remove themselves from any ranking system imo..... as soon as networks start determining your opponents they de-legitimise you.

If a fighter chooses to be a big fish in a little pond, then he should be judged accordingly.

Case in point.....

At LHW, Stevenson > Kovalev, for two reasons.....

* that fight is 50/50
                    * Kovalev walked away from the purse bid, citing HBO as the reason

So a deal that Kovalev signed, prevented him from fighting Stevenson.

I dont give a fcuk about Stevensons lineal title, or Kovalevs belts, that stuff is meaningless..... the fact is this..... that is a 50/50 fight, a 50/50 fight that Kovalev walked away from.

The reason why Kovalev walked away is irrelevant, and not my problem.

Stevenson > Kovalev, until Kovalev proves otherwise.

Comment

Working...
                    X