No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Main Evenst Confirm Sergey Kovalev Out Until 2016

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Barcham View Post
    6 month break? We are in OCTOBER 2015. 2016 starts in TWO MONTHS. Kovalev was planning on fighting in late November, around the 28th. That's basically one month before the end of the year. If he fights in February 2016, that's barely a three month break from the point of the called off fight.

This is hardly a big deal. Golovkin had planned to fight four times in 2015 and he will only be fighting three times. Opponents are limited for top level fighters. Fans want to see them in quality fights against quality opponents but the opponents are either busy with other fights or refuse to fight period.
    Pretty sure he's referring to the total time since his last fight, not the time between the canceled fight and proposed new date.

Comment

Just because your husband founded a business from scratch and made it successful doesnt mean you will be any good at it. kathy ****ing sucks as a promoter and she would have been better off selling the company when her husband died.

Comment

When exactly Ward ever said that he wants to fight Kovalev?

Comment

When exactly Ward ever said that he wants to fight Kovalev?
          I don't think he has however Kathy mentioned that preliminary talks between their camps have taken place for a future bout.

Comment

Originally posted by russogd3 View Post
            ^^^ Most real assessment I've seen of a Ward, Kov fight... I completely agree that if Kov doesn't fight the best fight of his career he gets stopped in the late rounds. He has a punchers chance, but Ward is a very smart/ tough fighter. If Ward can get in 2 fights at 175, maybe one against Fonfara, and another against Gilberto Ramirez, I think Kov is in big trouble.
            isnt ramirez still fighting at 168?
            i think fonfara is a good fight at 175
            if you watch the kovalev v hopkins fight then you see that B Hop at 50 made kovalev miss ALOT of ****s by getting under the power but as old as hopkins is he still made kovalev miss fairly alot except for the 12th round from my observation

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
              Just because your husband founded a business from scratch and made it successful doesnt mean you will be any good at it. kathy ****ing sucks as a promoter and she would have been better off selling the company when her husband died.
              I read this and immediately thought of Drake-B*tch you wasn't with me shootin in the gym.

Comment

Originally posted by russogd3 View Post
                ^^^ Most real assessment I've seen of a Ward, Kov fight... I completely agree that if Kov doesn't fight the best fight of his career he gets stopped in the late rounds. He has a punchers chance, but Ward is a very smart/ tough fighter. If Ward can get in 2 fights at 175, maybe one against Fonfara, and another against Gilberto Ramirez, I think Kov is in big trouble.
                It took Ward almost two years to get ONE fight in against an empty can at a catchweight and you expect him to fight two LHW contenders in less than 6 months? And as Fonfara is with Haymon, there is zero chance of that fight happening.

Better chance of winning the lottery than of that happening.

And I LOVE the people trying to claim that Kovalev, who fights on a VERY REGULAR BASIS, will be rusty after a few months out of the ring while Ward who has had three fights in FOUR YEARS will be like a fine tuned machine with no rust at all. What kind of drugs are you people taking? Are you under a doctor's care or are you self medicating?

Comment

kathy duva is running kovalevs career into the ground

Comment

Originally posted by Barcham View Post
                    It took Ward almost two years to get ONE fight in against an empty can at a catchweight and you expect him to fight two LHW contenders in less than 6 months? And as Fonfara is with Haymon, there is zero chance of that fight happening.

Better chance of winning the lottery than of that happening.

And I LOVE the people trying to claim that Kovalev, who fights on a VERY REGULAR BASIS, will be rusty after a few months out of the ring while Ward who has had three fights in FOUR YEARS will be like a fine tuned machine with no rust at all. What kind of drugs are you people taking? Are you under a doctor's care or are you self medicating?
                    people tend to think that boxing is some kind of video game where everybody has the same characteristics. NO THEY ARE NOT.
                    people age faster and bodies respond differently what works for one fighter doesnt work for the next and so forth and so on just bc andre ward can beat carl froch doesnt mean that another fighter can beat him and vice versa
                    it will almost be a full calendar year since kov fought everyones body doesnt respond in the same fashion

Comment

Originally posted by firstborn View Post
                      I don't think he has however Kathy mentioned that preliminary talks between their camps have taken place for a future bout.

they have. i can post the link to a dan rafael article.

here's ward talking about stevenson and ward.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9Hyl-XQbbQ

you don't trash your prospective opponents unless there's an element of fear / doubt in your mind.

andre ward is a winner, and he thinks that way. he's supremely confident. people just don't understand confidence on that level, and that's fine. they don't need to understand it.

Comment

Working...
                      X