Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Postol Shocker, Knocks Out Lucas Matthysse For WBC Belt!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matthysse had an ignorant fight plan. Should've stayed on top of Postol. Should've went in guns blazing, wore down the body then annihilated the head. But Matthysse has always been bad about having a poor fight plan in situations like this one. Provodnikov WILL get inside and stay there til Postol starts dropping his hands, then Provodnikov would finish him.

A fight I'd like would be Postol/Terrence Crawford. I don't believe what Postol says about Crawford ducking him. I would be amazed if Postol won that one.

Comment

• Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
      Congrats to Postol. Thats a very good win for him. As for Matthysse, he could really be done this time around. Hopefully he doesnt keep fighting on and damage himself too much.
      Matthysse just needs a better trainer. Ironically, Roach could probably do a better job that who he's with now. Lucas didn't go for broke swarming inside with body shots, instead tried to box. Bad move.

The jury is still out as to whether Matthysse could ever compete at top level again, but he'd have a lot better chance with a better, more complete trainer.

But as of this moment, I don't think Lucas is done yet. I mean, he could make some serious money in Argentina at a stadium vs a mid-level name fighter.

Comment

• Originally posted by budfr View Post
        Boxing is becoming a joke and a clinching festival, just like Floyd does. A guy clinches for 7 rounds and no points deducted, than landed one good shot and wins. MMA techniques should be allowed in boxing so when someone hugs, just pin him to the ground.
        I agree. I have always wondered if guys like Floyd, Ward or Klitschko, and even legends like Ali would have ever become "champs" in the first place, if at least excessive clinching (a point deducted after 4-5 clinches) was penalized.

I love watching what I all the honest and legit fighters, the ones that never resort to clinching even if they are beat up pretty badly.

Comment

• Originally posted by -dsg- View Post
          oh now you want to be humble? Lol

Comment

• SIZE matters.

Originally posted by jrrod02 View Post
            Im not trying to take away from Postol's victory because he fought a great fight but was it just me or was the size difference huge in this fight? Pistol looked so much bigger than Matthyssee. What was the fight night weigh in?

Like I always say, size negates skill. It's a fact. Some posters on here have tried to argue that fact to me, before. Postol's size was too much for LM. Postol isn't even a puncher. I picked him to win mainly because of his size advantage. This is why Hopkins beat Trinidad, Wright, Hoya, and Pavlik. It was size more than skill. Get me?

Comment

• Classic story... good big man beats good little man everytime (especially when the big man holds the little man everytime the little man gets inside.)

Comment

• Originally posted by GOD-FR33 View Post
                Like I always say, size negates skill. It's a fact. Some posters on here have tried to argue that fact to me, before. Postol's size was too much for LM. Postol isn't even a puncher. I picked him to win mainly because of his size advantage. This is why Hopkins beat Trinidad, Wright, Hoya, and Pavlik. It was size more than skill. Get me?
                Have to agree when Postol wasn't using his size Lucas was in the fight when he stood up and fought tall Lucas had no answers

Comment

• Originally posted by -DSG- View Post
                  Oh now you want to be humble? Lol
                  Yep, sick of all his disrespect towards Rican fighters and posters. Karma is a *****. His other favorite fighter Mares got beat too so I doubt we'll see much of him after this.

Comment

• little matty quit like a girl

little weak Lucas got taken out like a used femine hygiene pad.

Comment

• Originally posted by GOD-FR33 View Post
                      I kinda disagree. Postal controlled range frequently during the fight, and Matthysse didn't seem to have the experience or skill to figure out how to break Postal's control of range. Postal controlled range almost at will, making Matthysse lunge in and look amateurish.

Comment

Working...
                      X