Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Postol Shocker, Knocks Out Lucas Matthysse For WBC Belt!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I thought Matthysse had a good chance to win but you saw the change in the fight when he got complacent. Pistol is a very good boxer. I would love to see him against Crawford. I can see him doing the same thing against Garcia except I don't see him quitting on his knees.

Comment

• Originally posted by betmen View Post
      since i saw him againts judah i just feel he just not enough. i still can forgive him at that point since judah is his first big fight but after that and several more championship fights i dont think he's thriving to become more complete and better fighter.

so what lucas mathysse lacking?? school me in this one
      I honestly think he needs a different trainer. He had no game plan other than just land a haymaker and hope it knocks the guy out. Matthysse has a really good pull counter right. If he was with a trainer that had him more disciplined and got him to employ a jab, he'd be better off.

Comment

• Originally posted by North Star View Post
        I honestly think he needs a different trainer. He had no game plan other than just land a haymaker and hope it knocks the guy out. Matthysse has a really good pull counter right. If he was with a trainer that had him more disciplined and got him to employ a jab, he'd be better off.
        What I'd like to know is what happened to their body killing gameplan. In the corner I just saw "overhand, overhand".

Comment

• Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
          Congrats to Postol. Thats a very good win for him. As for Matthysse, he could really be done this time around. Hopefully he doesnt keep fighting on and damage himself too much.
          Oh now you want to be humble? Lol

Comment

• New to boxing?

Originally posted by bambam182 View Post
            lol any proof he cheated? if he you have some you should take it to the NSAC so they can rule the fight a no contest mr boxing expert. i can tell your new to boxing and your stats dont mean ****. this forum is a joke, you think i care if some idiot gives me a neg rep lol. im sure pac lunging into the punch had nothing to do with him getting KO'ed

Of course not BUT I have a brain filled with common sense. Why do you think Roidquez was bragging about how he could pass any test?????? You typically don't use steroids to get caught. Do you? I bet you think this whole Floyd PED proof, is a joke also, ey? Get your boxing IQ up and your points. I am putting you on my ignore list because you lack the proper knowledge to converse with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
              What I'd like to know is what happened to their body killing gameplan. In the corner I just saw "overhand, overhand".
              Yep. There was almost no body work put in at all, just looking for the one big shot. That's amateur hour in the corner.

Comment

• "Matthysse will not get through that reach"... i wanna thank god i wanna thank al haymon for giving me another opportunity to give a correct forecast of the way this fight would go, i wasn't expecting a knock out but matthysse got caught trying to close the gap on postol's range, he was getting caught throughout the fight and eventually it broke him down...sorry argentine people your warrior is a great fighter just didn't win the big ones

Comment

• Danny beat Matthysse when Matthysse was in his prime, Postol beat a Matthysse that got punished by Swift, had to comeback from two or three knockdowns versus Molina, and went life and death with Provodnikov, now all of a sudden Postol is a killer? if Danny would've beaten Matthysse now and Postol had beaten Matthysse 2 years ago everyone would be saying Danny cherry picked

Comment

• I need to watch this fight again. Anybody else had a split screen with the Broner bout?

I don't know what to think...I mean Lucas says his vision got shot, true, but plenty of boxers continue with a damaged eye. I mean when Donaire fought Rigo in the late rounds he was guarding one eye with his glove because supposedly he was seeing double... I'm more upset that Lucas gave up. I don't know what worse, his style, or like a Victor Ortiz vs Collazo style, or even a Duran vs Leonard II style!

I need to watch it again.

Comment

• Im not trying to take away from Postol's victory because he fought a great fight but was it just me or was the size difference huge in this fight? Pistol looked so much bigger than Matthyssee. What was the fight night weigh in?

Comment

Working...
                      X