Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone else think Lennox would have got KO'd if the fight had continued?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone else think Lennox would have got KO'd if the fight had continued?

If not ko'd, I could see him getting stopped with a flurry of punches and the ref jumps in when he sees lennox is no longer throwing back,

I've watched this fight more times than I can count. The last two rounds showed Lewis was taking over the fight, but he ended up using a lot of his energy for it to happen, especially after putting a lot of his energy into that devastating uppercut that should have, but failed to drop Vitali. You see how Lewis plopped down on his stool at the end of the 6th round. He didn't have much left in the tank at that point. Vitali's eye was cut, but you can see he had more energy than Lewis by watching the way he got off his stool yelling in frustration wanting the fight to continue pushing everyone away and the camera showed Lennox still sitting on his stool with a look of relief. In my opinion, I think Lewis would have got KO'd. Not in the 7th, but the 8th. Great fight though. Nothing wrong with Lennox going out on top.
    Last edited by BigNuts; 09-30-2015, 01:26 AM.

Probably not knocked out cold. Vitali was rather cautious with his power and never put too much into single punches. Most of his stoppages were flurries or slow beatdowns.

I think without the cut Lewis would have dropped a decision or had the ref wave it off late and there would have been a rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by BigNuts View Post
      I've watched this fight more times than I can count. The last two rounds showed Lewis was taking over the fight, but he ended up using a lot of his energy for it to happen, especially after putting a lot of his energy into that devastating uppercut that should have, but failed to drop Vitali. You see how Lewis plopped down on his stool at the end of the 6th round. He didn't have much left in the tank at that point. Vitali's eye was cut, but you can see he had more energy than Lewis by watching the way he got off his stool yelling in frustration wanting the fight to continue pushing everyone away and the camera showed Lennox still sitting on his stool with a look of relief. In my opinion, I think Lewis would have got KO'd. Not in the 7th, but the 8th. Great fight though. Nothing wrong with Lennox going out on top.
      I dont think either guy would have got kayoed. they were both exhausted and lost most of the pop in there punches by the time it was stopped. lennox was coming on some in that last round but looked like he totally spent himself trying to kayo vitali in that round and vitali wasnt exactly roses either. id have slightly favored vitali by decision had the fight not been stopped but hard to call. anyway,,,the cut was horrible and it was from a punch so lennox won fair and square

Comment

He was tired and might have been stopped due to gassing and volume of punches but Vitali was getting caught with the bigger shots in those last 3 rounds and I think he was the more likely to be Koed had it continued.

Comment

i still think vitili was gonna win but even if that fight dont get stopped it gets stopped round or 2 later. that fight was awesome if not for that unlucky cut it might went down as one best fight in heavyweight history those giants were landing strait up nukes

Comment

If the fight would have continued for one more round vitalis face would have fallen off so no, i dont think so

He could not afford to take anymore punches to this

Comment

I didn't see Lewis winning the last two rounds. I saw Vitali winning those rounds and coming on strong. Vitali was a great puncher and Lewis didn't have a great chin. The fight had to be stopped because the cut was nasty. If Vitali had not been cut I think he would have knocked Lewis out. That's just my honest answer to the question so please, Lewis fans, don't get all pissed off at me.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr America View Post
                If the fight would have continued for one more round vitalis face would have fallen off so no, i dont think so

He could not afford to take anymore punches to this

Damn I don't remember the cuts being that bad. Can't see how punches caused that.

Comment

Just to make myself perfectly clear I have no problem with the fight being stopped when it was. That cut was bad and if I was the ref I would have stopped the fight at the exact time it was stopped. It's only if Vitali had not been cut that I think he would have knocked Lewis out.

Comment

Originally posted by Cinci Champ View Post
                    that fight was awesome if not for that unlucky cut it might went down as one best fight in heavyweight history those giants were landing strait up nukes
                    Yes it was. Always exciting seeing giants throwing bombs and at the same time moving at the pace of smaller weight divisions.

Comment

Working...
                    X