Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone else think Lennox would have got KO'd if the fight had continued?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nope.

Lewis was getting better and more accurate and Vitali was getting tired and sloppier.

Comment

Originally posted by BKM-2010 View Post
      Actually Lewis landed the hardest punch of the fight in the last round and did most of his damage there, he had Vitali hurt and staggering across the ring by the end.

It wouldn't be the first time Lewis knocks a guy out after weathering an early storm. Vitali was there for the taking.
      I disagree. vitali was exhausted at that point and still took the shot well. it was lennox that was wobbled the worse twice in the second round. the damage lennox did was the cuts to the face but he was clearly more rocked in that second round than vitali ever was

Comment

Originally posted by Killer_of_Sheep View Post
        Nope.

Lewis was getting better and more accurate and Vitali was getting tired and sloppier.
        well,,,,vitali took the worst of it in that last round but lewis blew his wad tryin to get him out of there. as tired and battered as vit was it was lennox that slumped down on his stool and looked spent and demoralized after blowing his wad

Comment

Yes, he was out of shape and past his prime. Why would he have continued?

Comment

There was no way that fight could have continued much longer. That cut was sick.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP. View Post
              There was no way that fight could have continued much longer. That cut was sick.
              This. Also, Lewis was coming on strong before the stoppage. Either way, it's all irrelevant. Vitali got stopped.

Comment

I think Vitali would have been in serious trouble with the eye injury if the fight continued, possibly he might have had to retire for good afterwards. And that was caused by Lewis when he was in the worst shape of his career (literally the heaviest he ever weighed for a fight).

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                  I didn't see Lewis winning the last two rounds. I saw Vitali winning those rounds and coming on strong. Vitali was a great puncher and Lewis didn't have a great chin. The fight had to be stopped because the cut was nasty. If Vitali had not been cut I think he would have knocked Lewis out. That's just my honest answer to the question so please, Lewis fans, don't get all pissed off at me.
                  So why couldn't Klit even knock him down then?

Originally posted by -Weltschmerz- View Post
                  We just don't know.

What we know is Vitali wanted to fight on, and that he was prevented from doing so.

There should absolutely have been a rematch.

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
                  When asked about Vitali, Lennox always highlights how easily he is cut. And talking about the great fighters he always mentions how to be great your skin cannot cut easily.

Obviously cutting Vitali was the best strategy Lennox could have come up with in that fight and all credit for that. If somehow Vitali's skin was more resilient I have no doubt Vitali wins that fight, possibly by stoppage, but it is what it is. In the rematch Lennox would again aim to cut.

Fight between those two (any versions) it would be a close one. I have Lennox winning 6 of 10 times prime for prime.
                  This is an all-new version of excuses.

So Klit deserved to win the fight because he had bad skin.

Comment

Yay an original topic.

How exciting.

Comment

I Think he Got a lucky escape. He Was totally exhausted after the last round so Yes. I think he would have been stopped in another round or two.

Comment

Working...
                      X